The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just a little odd he openly said going out on loan last season was a mistake, hope it works out and not another Bruce Anderson.    Before you reply my memory of Anderson is a guy who categorically didn’t want to be at Ayr or in the Championship, worse than the Cammy Smith outcome IMO.

Just a little odd he openly said going out on loan last season was a mistake, hope it works out and not another Bruce Anderson.    Before you reply my memory of Anderson is a guy who categorically didn’t want to be at Ayr or in the Championship, worse than the Cammy Smith outcome IMO.

I think he regretted going out on loan as quickly as he did. Think he was told early on he wouldn’t play so jumped at the first move he got. Ultimately it didn’t work out as Accies are a basket case and would make any player miserable. Looks like he’s held off and thought about his options before leaving this time round. Hopefully he does the business.

10 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Happy with that, good addition I think. 

Predominantly a right winger from what I remember? Hopefully a good bit of competition for O'Connor.

Also hoping this means no more McKenzie out wide.

Think Bully has eventually worked out McKenzie is not a winger and he can trust O'Connor out wide, I think Daire works a lot harder than folk give him credit for and Houston is a different player with him in front of him. McKenzie is a massive reason why we've improved him and Dipo are bullying defenses, that's why I think a Eddie annand type striker would inhibit Dipo as he'd have to do all the work. 

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he regretted going out on loan as quickly as he did. Think he was told early on he wouldn’t play so jumped at the first move he got. Ultimately it didn’t work out as Accies are a basket case and would make any player miserable. Looks like he’s held off and thought about his options before leaving this time round. Hopefully he does the business.

They also seemed to play him as a centre mid quite a bit.  Not sure that's his strongest. 

13 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Manager David Martindale said: “It’s with a bit of regret that Josh is now out on loan again as I feel the move for both parties hasn’t worked out how we both hoped it would. Josh has been a very good player for the club and myself over the years he has been at the club.

“Last season, Josh was probably a bit premature in his decision to go out on loan but I also understood why. This season we both agreed that we would give it as much time as possible – but it hasn’t quite worked out the way we hoped in terms of game time for Josh. We are playing a slightly different system, or have been of late, and it’s left Josh with little game time.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/josh-mullin-joins-ayr-united-on-loan/

A good signing who will challenge for the midfield position, good strong on the ball and will make the runs we need from midfield to support the strikers nd will get a few goals I’m sure.

Just need that other striker now nd if we pick up a decent one we won’t be far away based on what I’ve seen so far, think Thistle and Dundee will fight it out with the size of squads they have but I’m hopefull we can get in the top four.