The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Thought it was a joke when someone suggested the 3rd strip was due to our ‘relationship’ with Burnley. Not sure what the fans have got out of it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-launch-new-third-27861162.amp

Grim.

On Jack Ross, I've always thought he had something competent about him. For me, the biggest surprise this year is how quickly they fell off a cliff after putting in a really good performance at home to AZ.

9 hours ago, Nelson said:

Mullin would make sense, though he did nothing at Accies last season and later stated he made a mistake going out on loan, which doesn’t say much about his attitude.

His attitude was fine when he played for Ladeside, top player at this level and a good guy also (unless he's changed dramatically).

If it is Mullin, I am sure Glendinning would have recruited him at Hamilton so he has a fair idea about him and Bullen will only want players in that fit his criteria.  O'Connor for me is the biggest improvement under Bullen after having a pre season with him.  It is an area we needed to strengthen and would only leave another striker and we should be sorted till January and re asses there.

43 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If it is Mullin, I am sure Glendinning would have recruited him at Hamilton so he has a fair idea about him and Bullen will only want players in that fit his criteria.  O'Connor for me is the biggest improvement under Bullen after having a pre season with him.  It is an area we needed to strengthen and would only leave another striker and we should be sorted till January and re asses there.

I'll have to take some of the credit for that as I was "coaching him" at the Golf day telling him he had to believe in himself more, get more involved and take people on and get more crosses into the box 😂

In all fairness he did mention that he felt raring to go but didn't think he'd ever been given enough of a run to find his form (which would be right) but thought we could have an exciting season ahead. He also made a point of talking about Dipo and how strong he was and that he had really impressed all the guys in training.

11 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Absolutely zero chance it's Bruce. Like, not a hope in hell whatsoever given if he was to leave it's for upwards of 750k. He's our number 1 striker and scored double figures for us last season ffs :D He hasn't played as he's had an injury. Nouble only playing up front as Goncalves is basically a few stone overweight and trying to shift it to get fit. Nouble plays on the wing for us mostly but was the only fit striker at the club from the start of the season. 

Our options up front will be 1. Anderson, 2. Goncalves 3. Guthrie and then Nouble as cover or for bigger games where he'll play centrally. As for @Ayrmai's comment, Bruce played up front on his own for us and looked fantastic with two wingers around him. Definitely doesn't need someone alongside him as he works his ass off each game. 

If anyone it'll be Mullin or Longridge (LB) I'd imagine. Those two are the likely ones that want away, Martindale has told Mullin to fight for his spot but he hasn't got a chance despite being a good player. He was told the same last season and fucked off to Hamilton for an easy start each week, if he does come he'll be in a huff if he doesn't play each week. 

The Stephen Kelly link is a weird one as we've got about 7 players that can play CM, he'll be like Ben Williamson and never get a game for us. He's nowhere near good enough to start for us. At that though, Mullin is a RW so can't see it being a connection there. 

Only thinking of his time at Ayr first half of 20/21 tbf, but looking at last season out of 8 league games(scored in another 2 but couldn't find official sats) he scored only once when he was listed as a sole striker rest was part of a 3, Doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't be Anderson coming to Ayr.