The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Aye I was very surprised when I read his name. When I heard Livingston before Anderson was mentioned, I thought it would be Mullin. Only think that’s making me still think Anderson is that this source is usually spot on. 

Be as well as spilling the name at this point.

The only way it’s Bruce Anderson is if Davie Smith has spunked his load at our excellent start to the season and decided “tae f**k with it” and chucked money at Livi.

I’d applaud it tbh but it won’t have happened.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well you’ve got Anderson and Nouble. Plus the forwards they signed this summer with the Portuguese lad that was at St Mirren and Hearts. Think they might have another one they brought in from abroad this summer.

Anderson did really well at Livi so there must be a reason he’s not been in the squad.

1 hour ago, diege said:

Bruce Anderson?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Might well be a Livi player and it’s just not a striker. Josh Mullin was away on loan last season so could be him.

42 minutes ago, Ayrmai said:

Josh Mullin fits the experienced and AM role   Bruce Anderson certainly needs to play upfront with someone but as others have said very unlikely he will leave plus he’s injured atm. 

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only way it’s Bruce Anderson is if Davie Smith has spunked his load at our excellent start to the season and decided “tae f**k with it” and chucked money at Livi.

I’d applaud it tbh but it won’t have happened.

Absolutely zero chance it's Bruce. Like, not a hope in hell whatsoever given if he was to leave it's for upwards of 750k. He's our number 1 striker and scored double figures for us last season ffs :D He hasn't played as he's had an injury. Nouble only playing up front as Goncalves is basically a few stone overweight and trying to shift it to get fit. Nouble plays on the wing for us mostly but was the only fit striker at the club from the start of the season. 

Our options up front will be 1. Anderson, 2. Goncalves 3. Guthrie and then Nouble as cover or for bigger games where he'll play centrally. As for @Ayrmai's comment, Bruce played up front on his own for us and looked fantastic with two wingers around him. Definitely doesn't need someone alongside him as he works his ass off each game. 

If anyone it'll be Mullin or Longridge (LB) I'd imagine. Those two are the likely ones that want away, Martindale has told Mullin to fight for his spot but he hasn't got a chance despite being a good player. He was told the same last season and fucked off to Hamilton for an easy start each week, if he does come he'll be in a huff if he doesn't play each week. 

The Stephen Kelly link is a weird one as we've got about 7 players that can play CM, he'll be like Ben Williamson and never get a game for us. He's nowhere near good enough to start for us. At that though, Mullin is a RW so can't see it being a connection there. 

Absolutely zero chance it's Bruce. Like, not a hope in hell whatsoever given if he was to leave it's for upwards of 750k. He's our number 1 striker and scored double figures for us last season ffs [emoji3] He hasn't played as he's had an injury. Nouble only playing up front as Goncalves is basically a few stone overweight and trying to shift it to get fit. Nouble plays on the wing for us mostly but was the only fit striker at the club from the start of the season. 

Our options up front will be 1. Anderson, 2. Goncalves 3. Guthrie and then Nouble as cover or for bigger games where he'll play centrally. As for [mention=82194]Ayrmai[/mention]'s comment, Bruce played up front on his own for us and looked fantastic with two wingers around him. Definitely doesn't need someone alongside him as he works his ass off each game. 

If anyone it'll be Mullin or Longridge (LB) I'd imagine. Those two are the likely ones that want away, Martindale has told Mullin to fight for his spot but he hasn't got a chance despite being a good player. He was told the same last season and fucked off to Hamilton for an easy start each week, if he does come he'll be in a huff if he doesn't play each week. 

The Stephen Kelly link is a weird one as we've got about 7 players that can play CM, he'll be like Ben Williamson and never get a game for us. He's nowhere near good enough to start for us. At that though, Mullin is a RW so can't see it being a connection there. 

Mullin would be on the bench from the off if he came here. Daire O’Connor has started really well and would take some effort to displace him. On the other side you’ve got Sam Ashford who isn’t a natural winger but does a power of running and is key to how we play. I think Mullin would be a decent signing but he’s by no means guaranteed anything at Ayr.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Mullin would be on the bench from the off if he came here. Daire O’Connor has started really well and would take some effort to displace him. On the other side you’ve got Sam Ashford who isn’t a natural winger but does a power of running and is key to how we play. I think Mullin would be a decent signing but he’s by no means guaranteed anything at Ayr.

Interestingly I'm sure we had Daire on trial last season and decided against signing him. How's he been? Not sure Mullin would sign to come off the bench when he could essentially do the same in the Premiership. 

Interestingly I'm sure we had Daire on trial last season and decided against signing him. How's he been? Not sure Mullin would sign to come off the bench when he could essentially do the same in the Premiership. 

He was hot and cold last season but never got a fair crack under Hopkin or Duffy. He was on the verge of packing it in and going back to Ireland before the Ginger Fraud fucked off. Bullen came in and didn’t really take to him. Eventually he got back in the team for the final few games and did really well. He’s not really the quickest imo but he’s direct and manages to get past defenders. His biggest attribute is his crossing though. He can dig out a cross from anywhere and they’re usually pretty accurate. Our third goal against Dundee on Friday was a brilliant finish from Akinyemi but O’Connor didn’t get nearly enough credit for managing to get a cross in with two defenders backing him near enough into the corner flag. He’s at his best on the right as a proper winger who can get balls into the box. From memory that’s what Mullin was like at Ross County so Bullen clearly wants to play that way. We only have two wingers at the club and I’ve said I’d rather sign a third than go for an out and out 10 when we don’t play with that kind of player. The issue would be how much game time Mullin expects.