The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Nobody's talking about Livingston, it's what he done with us.

Who cares what he did with us though. He’s very obviously a good player who had a bad spell with us during a difficult spell. I wouldn’t judge the guy forever on it.

You think Morton fans wouldn’t take Shankland back because he was rubbish for them?

I’d take him in a heart beat. He was isolated and had very few chances and the club was a toxic place to be then. Bullen is the man and plays the system to get the best out him imo

ETA im talking about Bruce Anderson not billy gilmour lol 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Apparently every loan player who isn't a success, had a bad attitude and thought they were better than us........bit lazy that is it not, sometimes for different reasons it doesn't work out 

I think sometimes folk are quite harsh on loan players, younger ones especially. Quite often they have to move away from their family at 18 or 19 and live by themselves. It can be a bit of an awakening for these guys without having to perform on a Saturday in front of demanding supporters. That’s not an excuse for everyone as there is a number of players who drop a level and assume they are instantly better than everyone. Calvin Miller or Jack Ruddy jump to mind. But I think there are some who just have a bad experience and their struggles off the park affect their performances on it.

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d take him in a heart beat. He was isolated and had very few chances and the club was a toxic place to be then. Bullen is the man and plays the system to get the best out him imo

ETA im talking about Bruce Anderson not billy gilmour lol 

first I'm hearing about this.

This maybe seems too obvious but when Livingston is being mentioned is it not going to be Jack Hamilton surely??

Haven't seen anyone else mention Jack Hamilton

*Edit - NVM it isn't obvious at all cause he's on loan at the Paul Hartley crash express train

Edited by rb123!

9 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Apparently every loan player who isn't a success, had a bad attitude and thought they were better than us........bit lazy that is it not, sometimes for different reasons it doesn't work out 

No, it’s the way Anderson played and the manner in which he left as soon as he didn’t start a game that suggest it.

No, it’s the way Anderson played and the manner in which he left as soon as he didn’t start a game that suggest it.

Tbf his last game was the 29th of December and his loan was up in January IIRC. It’s likely that all parties agreed the move wasn’t working and it was better if he went back to Aberdeen.

There's no strikers at Livingston leaving on loan, if it's anyone from Livi it's most likely to be Josh Mullin 
Unless they have signignings coming in, but yeah it is a strange one he had a very decent season last year and was being considered for a scotland call up if you believe the press at one point, would seam a strange decision on the face of it for him to be loaned out to a team in the championship.

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
16 minutes ago, rb123! said:
There's no strikers at Livingston leaving on loan, if it's anyone from Livi it's most likely to be Josh Mullin 

Unless they have signignings coming in, but yeah it is a strange one he had a very decent season last year and was being considered for a scotland call up if you believe the press at one point, would seam a strange decision on the face of it for him to be loaned out to a team in the championship.

They did sign a striker yesterday.

Aye I was very surprised when I read his name. When I heard Livingston before Anderson was mentioned, I thought it would be Mullin. Only think that’s making me still think Anderson is that this source is usually spot on.