The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Play as many or the players not playing on the Saturday before and youth players, then bow out the complete waste of time competition at the first hurdle. 

Can’t agree with that I’m afraid. Realistically it’s the only cup we’re in with a chance of winning. If you are wanting to attract the next generation of fan this giving them a cup final “day out” is just the way to do. They won’t care that’s it’s just an apparent diddy cup. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Can’t agree with that I’m afraid. Realistically it’s the only cup we’re in with a chance of winning. If you are wanting to attract the next generation of fan this giving them a cup final “day out” is just the way to do. They won’t care that’s it’s just an apparent diddy cup. 

In theory, yes it is a cup we have a realistic chance of winning.

There is the potential to make this cup into a very good, interesting and competitive tournament that would generate more interest than the general apathy that it currently does. This format is not it. Get the B teams into the sea and include teams from further down the pyramid - teams like Darvel, Auchinleck, Linlithgow Rose etc would add more to such a tournament than the B teams do and would probably fancy their chances of causing some upsets against higher league opposition. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It is a badly run tournament that can have you drawn in midweek fixtures to far flung corners of not just Scotland but the entire UK. Or get to watch a premier youth team. 

More games mean more injuries and if it’s a straight red card, more suspensions. More games for fans to pay in to. During the cost of living crisis, more games to have to power during the winter. 

I couldn’t tell you any of the last 5 winners 

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

I agree this tournament has had its day, get it binned. I know that we haven’t won it and we have a realistic chance of doing so but now is not the time for additional games both for players and fans.

Hi Theresa. You want your old job back?

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It is a badly run tournament that can have you drawn in midweek fixtures to far flung corners of not just Scotland but the entire UK. Or get to watch a premier youth team. 

More games mean more injuries and if it’s a straight red card, more suspensions. More games for fans to pay in to. During the cost of living crisis, more games to have to power during the winter. 

I couldn’t tell you any of the last 5 winners 

All future rounds of this cup are on weekends. After September the next round is on December 10th which appears to have been set aside for this competition as there are no league games scheduled. Three more rounds after that which would push league games to midweek. Its a recipe for fixture madness.

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was going to say we could pay for coach travel, but it's a 173 hour drive. f**k that. It was bad enough being on a coach for 24 hours from Glasgow to Paris.

Don’t think my liver would cope, Cove and back was bad enough.