The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

One of our best performance's last season (poor season, let's be honest) was against Dundee United. Took them right to the wire and they sneaked a win.

Could anyone imagine Ayr playing Dundee United now? Dare say even at their worst, Ayr wouldn't slump to a 9-0 defeat to Celtic.

By the same token, I also couldn't imagine us beating AZ and basically playing them off the park.

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

By the same token, I also couldn't imagine us beating AZ and basically playing them off the park.

For a team to turn sour that quickly, something has clearly gone on in the background. Would happily take a trip up there in the Scottish Cup this season. Could see us getting a result assuming Ross isn't bagged by then.

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

For a team to turn sour that quickly, something has clearly gone on in the background. Would happily take a trip up there in the Scottish Cup this season. Could see us getting a result assuming Ross isn't bagged by then.

I do t think it will be long before he’s gone. Seems to have lost his mojo as a manager thank god we never took him 

12 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

One of our best performance's last season (poor season, let's be honest) was against Dundee United. Took them right to the wire and they sneaked a win.

Could anyone imagine Ayr playing Dundee United now? Dare say even at their worst, Ayr wouldn't slump to a 9-0 defeat to Celtic.

I don’t think they’d be far off of 9 at our worst. Didn’t think United were that bad in the first half. The best Celtic performance I’ve probably ever seen.

Performance psychologist is an interesting addition. This team seems mentally stronger having won 2 games after conceding an early goal and fighting back against Accies for a point. There is no way last season's team would have beaten QP or Dundee. 

13 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

9-0 is our biggest ever defeat. It has happened on three occasions - against Rangers (1929), Hearts (1931) and Third Lanark (1931).

1931 must have been a shit year to be an Ayr United fan.