The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Does the window close on Thursday? Are we expecting any business to be done?

Aye midnight on Friday. I said to my pals on the way home on Friday just there that I have no idea what we actually need. A striker is needed in case Akinyemi gets injured but with the way McKenzie is playing there’s no guarantee that he’d be a starter. We’re also creating plenty of chances without a McInroy type player but another wide option in case O’Connor or JML are injured wouldn’t hurt.

In short, we need a couple of bodies but compared to the situation we were in a month ago, any new signing will be on the bench and will have to work to get in the team.

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I think we could do with a poacher type striker just something different to what dipo, Sam, Mark and Fraser bring also an no10 type midfielder can unpick a packed midfield with a pass.

Every club in this league (and most in the league above) are also struggling for a front man and definitely struggling for quality cover so I think we've done far better than could have been hoped by anyone to unearth a striker of Dipo's quality.

I know we keep hearing about looking for "players who are familiar with the Scottish game", however I'd far rather we took another chance on a guy from non league / lower league England (should they tick the right boxes) or failing that hope to get a quality youth player from a top side.

Who knows ? maybe Alex Kirk has a striker pal at the Emirates who would be willing to give the Scottish Championship a go ????

I think we could do with a poacher type striker just something different to what dipo, Sam, Mark and Fraser bring also an no10 type midfielder can unpick a packed midfield with a pass.

Does Dipo not do that quite well? His goal against Hamilton was a classic poachers finish as was his offside one in the same game. Of the six goals he’s scored only his second against Dundee and his first against QP are the only ones you’d say weren’t typical poachers goals. Another goal scorer of any kind will do me fine.

I still think we need a striker as despite how good Mark McKenzie has been in recent weeks can he keep up that level of performance week in week out? I hope so but it was only a short time ago we were saying he should be let go or loaned out. Signing another striker would allow us to loan out Bryden if we wished. 

Ideally another creative midfielder would be helpful. Not that creating chances has been a problem mind. 

Does Dipo not do that quite well? His goal against Hamilton was a classic poachers finish as was his offside one in the same game. Of the six goals he’s scored only his second against Dundee and his first against QP are the only ones you’d say weren’t typical poachers goals. Another goal scorer of any kind will do me fine.
He's a triple threat TBH he does scores from 2ft, hits thunderbolts from 30 yards and can hold it up, the the kind of player I mean is a Craig Moore type.

I know English league 2 is a step up from Scottish championship but Adeloye has become a bit part player for Swindon now. He would’ve been a fantastic option to have had in our squad. 
Wish Tomi no ill will and I really hoped he would do well at Swindon but just shows what happens when you listen to your agent and believe your own hype, one more season here would have benefited him so much and him and Dipo as a front two could have been magical but he's fannied about going all over the world done a few sessions in the gym and called that a pre season maybe football is not his no1 priority and its a shame because he came across as a genuinely decent guy who could have went down a real cult hero.

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
31 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:
I know English league 2 is a step up from Scottish championship but Adeloye has become a bit part player for Swindon now. He would’ve been a fantastic option to have had in our squad. 

Wish Tomi no ill will and I really hoped he would do well at Swindon but just shows what happens when you listen to your agent and believe your own hype, one more season here would have benefited him so much and him and Dipo as a front two could have been magical but he's fannied about going all over the world done a few sessions in the gym and called that a pre season maybe football is not his no1 priority and its a shame because he came across as a genuinely decent guy who could have went down a real cult hero.

I suspect he has doubled his wages, mind.

One other thing - we probably should have beaten Arbroath and Hamilton given the number of chances we created in both games. I'd like us to be a bit more clinical therefore but, as singular criticism goes, it'll suffice for now. At this level we can't expect to uncover another Shankland though the coming week or so, signing-wise, will be interesting for sure.     

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

He's a triple threat TBH he does scores from 2ft, hits thunderbolts from 30 yards and can hold it up, the the kind of player I mean is a Craig Moore type.

How is Moore doing? Has he got over his injury woes? 

I heard that Adeloye had a contract basically all sorted with Dundee, and at the last minute went to Swindon because they were offering £300 a week more… I think his agent has fucked it for him with that move. 

4 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I heard that Adeloye had a contract basically all sorted with Dundee, and at the last minute went to Swindon because they were offering £300 a week more… I think his agent has fucked it for him with that move. 

Glad he didn’t end up at Dundee. £300 a week more is fairly significant as well 

One of our best performance's last season (poor season, let's be honest) was against Dundee United. Took them right to the wire and they sneaked a win.

Could anyone imagine Ayr playing Dundee United now? Dare say even at their worst, Ayr wouldn't slump to a 9-0 defeat to Celtic.