The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Thistle and Queens Park both won today keeping the gap at 1 point. 

if any team is going to end our run it will those killjoy Greenock b*****ds who can’t see anyone enjoy themselves and will conspire to burst our bubble 

Happy to help!

Should be a cracker next week. We have some decent form, fresh investment, new contract for Dougie and budget for some new players so should go into it with a fair bit of confidence.

I know you don't rate Baird like we don't rate McGinty, but he's part of the best defence in the league and has looked very solid to date. Gillespie has been one of our best players alongside Quitongo (would never have thought I'd be saying that when they first signed) and Crawford has looked the part too, we just need a striker. 

Hopefully a good travelling support next week, makings of a right good game.

Morton seem to be gathering a bit of momentum on and off the pitch.
Def take a point from this.

I’d be happy with a point in most away games this season. If we can turn Somerset into a bit of a fortress and have a good record there then we’ll be sound.

Have to say Alex Kirk really came alive on Friday night and looked phenominal, those diagonal balls he sprayed across to the other side of the pitch for O'Connor on a couple of occasions were delightful to watch.

The kid reminding me more of Michael Rose with each passing game and we're beginning to see why he's at Arsenal, if him and Frankie keep it up McGinty is going to struggle to get back in. 

Happy to help!
Should be a cracker next week. We have some decent form, fresh investment, new contract for Dougie and budget for some new players so should go into it with a fair bit of confidence.
I know you don't rate Baird like we don't rate McGinty, but he's part of the best defence in the league and has looked very solid to date. Gillespie has been one of our best players alongside Quitongo (would never have thought I'd be saying that when they first signed) and Crawford has looked the part too, we just need a striker. 
Hopefully a good travelling support next week, makings of a right good game.

If he's the Jack Baird we had I'd expect Diop to ragdoll him all the place but maybe he's found his confidence again and is becoming the player we were really happy at getting when he signed.

Absolutely on cloud nine after Friday. Dream stuff.

Can't help but feel though, if Dipo is injured at any stage, we have absolutely nothing in terms of a replacement. We badly, badly need another striker before the window shuts. The other forwards in the squad play their part, but none are consistent goalscorers.

Feel we could do with another centre half as well. Delighted with the three centre backs we have, but I always feel you need four for a bit of security.

If we get that centre half and striker, I'd be pretty happy going towards January with what we have.

To repeat the point though, the problem any team like us have is, when you have more or less your best eleven, you almost need every single player to stay fit. Even one or two changes can significantly weaken you and knock you off your stride. We don't have a deep squad, which you'd expect.

For example if you consider the latest two starting line-ups as our strongest eleven, then in terms of back-ups for certain positions which wouldn't be a disaster if they were out for a couple of games.... it looks almost a 50/50 split where you'd be happy enough for McAdams when back to cover for Albinson, McGinty coming in for Kirk or Musonda , McAllister could cover for Houston, JML for O'Connor but we also have irreplaceable players who in my opinion would be Reading, Murdy, Dempsey, Dipo and Ashford. 

For now though, I'm now going to worry about it because I'm absolutely loving this!

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Is Bangala not technically our 4th choice centre back? I’m sure when he signed it was said he could play DM, RB and CB.

I just assumed he was a central midfielder. He came into the middle At Cove, but yeah you might be right actually thinking about it. If that's the case then that should be sufficient. Even if he's not an out and out centre back, it's still cover of some sort and it's (*touch wood*) unlikely that we'd have two of our three centre backs out for any length of time.

1 minute ago, Calayrdonia said:

Absolutely on cloud nine after Friday. Dream stuff.

Can't help but feel though, if Dipo is injured at any stage, we have absolutely nothing in terms of a replacement. We badly, badly need another striker before the window shuts. The other forwards in the squad play their part, but none are consistent goalscorers.

Feel we could do with another centre half as well. Delighted with the three centre backs we have, but I always feel you need four for a bit of security.

If we get that centre half and striker, I'd be pretty happy going towards January with what we have.

To repeat the point though, the problem any team like us have is, when you have more or less your best eleven, you almost need every single player to stay fit. Even one or two changes can significantly weaken you and knock you off your stride. We don't have a deep squad, which you'd expect.

For example if you consider the latest two starting line-ups as our strongest eleven, then in terms of back-ups for certain positions which wouldn't be a disaster if they were out for a couple of games.... it looks almost a 50/50 split where you'd be happy enough for McAdams when back to cover for Albinson, McGinty coming in for Kirk or Musonda , McAllister could cover for Houston, JML for O'Connor but we also have irreplaceable players who in my opinion would be Reading, Murdy, Dempsey, Dipo and Ashford. 

For now though, I'm now going to worry about it because I'm absolutely loving this!

The thought of Dipo getting injured gives me the cold sweats, because without him we do not have a reliable source of goals up front and would therefore be significantly weaker going forward. That's why I want us to sign another striker as well as an attacking midfielder.

Could be a very interesting week, top of the league, paying attacking attractive football, buzz of positively both on and off the pitch lets hope this gives the perfect sales pitch to Bullen and Matthie to get the couple of signings we need in to really kick on this season.

I normally gorge on pies at the football on Saturdays but didn't on Friday night as I'd eaten beforehand. However I noticed that someone had erected a wedding reception style gazebo attached to the food stall, meaning people could queue in relative comfort instead of being shat on if it was raining, and could potentially attract more fans to the pie stall that might not normally bother because of the weather.

Its that kind of simple commercial logic coming into the club that I love to see.  We're definitely due some bad news soon.

On hols at moment so missed Friday, Bangala never even got a runout, have I missed something?

I thought he’d have made an appearance at some point to run the time down but it never happened. Maybe Bullen didn’t want to risk it with his lack of match fitness as Dundee were throwing everything at it for the last ten minutes or so.