The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s a hard to remain calm after that performance last night. It epitomised everything you want from a football team. Players covering every blade of grass but also showing great skill at times. Two centre backs who start every attack and don’t hoof it. Midfielders who press constantly, do all the dirty work but are simultaneously really classy players. Full backs full of confidence with license to get up and support attacks. Jordan Houston was a man devoid of confidence and looked a dead cert to be leaving at the end of his contract. Had a torrid time of it under three consecutive managers and I genuinely thought there was no way back for him. For him to stride up the park and score that goal showed the mental improvement of the guy because we’ve all seen him show how good he can be when he first arrived. It was brilliant to watch and I think he deserves huge credit for fighting back to get back in the team. Bullen also has to be commended as I think man management is a huge part of who he is as a person let alone a manager. You’d be lucky to find a striker in this league who could finish like that let alone a right back.

A great team performance and I think after five games the vast majority of supporters are back on side. Was going to be very hard to win them back after that league cup display but 3 wins and 2 draws playing the kind of stuff we have is definitely the way to do it. We can get carried away all we like but I don’t think the players will be. Bullen won’t allow it. Survival is still the aim for him and we’ll see where we are come January imo. Hopefully we’ve still got loads to play for come then.

You heard it here first......

42 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

I strongly believe the time to get bodies in is when we are doing well. A team that's playing well are relaxed about new players coming in and the new players themselves will feel under less pressure to perform. 

The heat of battle has subsided so now's the time to comment on last night's match. To be fair to Dundee, they weren't that bad but losing Luke when they did upset their flow - he played a big part in their goal and would probably have limited Houston's forays up the park if he had stayed on. As for us, I was very impressed by Frankie and Alex in the middle at the back - both got stuck in and defended well most of the time with Charlie weighing in when we needed him to. One memory was in the first half when Alex hit a 75 yd pass from around the right back position to the left wing that landed at Daire's feet on the left wing and in the other half - totally deliberate and I honestly can't remember any centre back in many years of supporting AU trying that nevermind doing it! Frankie's distribution is usually very good too and I wonder if this has influenced Bully's selection of those two ahead of big Sean? As for Dipo, I honestly thought we 'd struggle without Tomi up front - doesn't look that way now! His physicality is a major factor in his game and his second goal shows that in spades - he fends off the attentions of his marker, makes space and  belts into the top corner - absolute gem of a goal and the place went wild. Top marks to everyone, especially Dempsey and Murdie, though it's worth repeating what's been said already i.e. everyone played their part. 

Well done, Ayr United. You made me proud again. 

There is a great balance with this side and they all seem to know their positions and know their jobs, same goes for the subs / squad players and while it's still early days I just think we have a really strong bunch with a good attitude that are all buying into the Managers ethos.

Our disciplinary record is also excellent and I don't see any signs of petulance among anyone in the squad and for the first time since McCall left, there seems to be a real togetherness between the players and coaching staff which has also rubbed off on most of the fans.

Of course we're only an injury to Dipo away from a crisis so without a doubt reinforcements WILL be required but again I'd like to commend McKenzie for his recent displays as there's no doubt that he's become an integral part of this team and how we play.

All good down Somerset way !!

7 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Also, Dipo gets a brace and then 2hrs later my twin daughters are born, such a happy day - no way my wife is letting me give them Oladipo or Akinyemi as middle names though 🤣

Congratulations! You will have your hands full. My wee one is due next month 

8 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Also, Dipo gets a brace and then 2hrs later my twin daughters are born, such a happy day - no way my wife is letting me give them Oladipo or Akinyemi as middle names though 🤣

Congratulations! Some day that.

13 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Congratulations. My son was born the day that Ayr beat Thistle 3-1 to stay up and relegate them I was gutted to miss the match.

We had an induction appointment so there was a good few hours to kill in the labour suite, managed to catch the game on Bet365

It's a good "on the day I was born" for the future since it was also the birth of the start of Ayrs generation of domination of Scottish Fitba

Thistle and Queens Park both won today keeping the gap at 1 point. 

if any team is going to end our run it will those killjoy Greenock b*****ds who can’t see anyone enjoy themselves and will conspire to burst our bubble 
It'll be them or Thistle. Would be happy with two draws. The longer we can keep a lossless streak going the more it becomes a thing. Would actually fancy us at the game after that, Raith away.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Thistle and Queens Park both won today keeping the gap at 1 point. 

if any team is going to end our run it will those killjoy Greenock b*****ds who can’t see anyone enjoy themselves and will conspire to burst our bubble 

If we drop points to a team containing Jack Baird and Grant Gillespie we probably don’t deserve to be top of the league tbh.