The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I am so fucking buzzing. When can I watch it on iplayer? There are some moments I want to watch back. 

The home form was niggling at me but what a way to end the hoodoo especially after losing a goal inside 5 minutes.

Special shout out to Houston. I've been giving you it tight for 2 years but you were phenomenal tonight.

Dipo is an absolute unit and a great footballer. For his second I was screaming for a penalty and he just holds the defender off creates the angle and pops it in the net.

This team is full of glorious b*****ds! Is it too late to open some cans? 🍻

What a performance!

5 minutes in I was having awful flashbacks to the Friday night 3-1 Killie game. Seemed a similar pattern but the team dug deep and got the equaliser, also had one or 2 shots afterwards.

2nd half we looked under the weather again for a bit. Thought Albinson made some very good saves, starting goalkeeper position is his to lose now.

I'll admit to not being Houston's biggest fan in the past but he was excellent tonight. Cracking goal from him against the run of play (not that I'm complaining). Dipos 2nd was a thing of absolute beauty. What a find he has been!

So I was at a comedy gig tonight so recorded the game and stayed off social media so I didn’t know the result. I wasn’t optimistic having seen the line up and the opening 5 minutes. This team has something about them they have the gumption to come back and be competitive no matter what. Dipo is an animal and comparing him to adeloye is disrespectful to him(I loved adeloye when he was here) 

Dempsey and murdoch are a great pairing in midfield but I worry if we get injuries anywhere on the pitch. 

kirk and musonda are who I’d be going forward with as my centre back partnership for as long as I could. 

Mckenzie and ashford are workhorses and deserve the opportunity just now. We need a few players just to change things up I would like someone ugwu or potplatnik just to give options 

Wow!!!

Still buzzing after that

Rarely bet but stuck £20 on both teams to score, Ayr win and Dipo to score - came in at 8/1 with William Hill

Worth a wee check on the odds for that net every week 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Got to pay the gas & electric bills some how ladies and gentlemen 

C6A3F84A-A3EF-4BFF-8EAF-C7D3AE91CC41.jpeg

Edited by AUFC 1910

Just in, Delighted with the result and performance. Don’t think there was a single failure in that Ayr United team. Seeing the away end empty after 70 minutes was glorious.

It’s brilliant knowing that regardless of what happens tomorrow we will still be top come 5pm.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. 

3 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Seems like a distant memory when people on here thought Dipo wasn't up to it 🤣

Hands fully raised on that one.

His post-match suggests he's still very much treating this as a shop window thing but to be quite honest he can have the fucking shop window if he keeps this up. Can you imagine that Ayr United might actually get a non-desultory transfer fee from someone in this day and age.

Well what a turnaround from the league cup this has been. Fair play to Bullen for sticking at it, he and the coaches could obviously see it just needed time. We’re starting to play some good stuff now and I believe we’re probably another striker and winger short of a proper good squad. 

The core of the team has taken shape now and looks strong. Albinson has grabbed the no.1 shirt, Musonda and one of Kirk/McGinty, Dempsey and Murdoch with Dipo up top. It’s been said before, but from the days of Roberts and even McCall, the difference in fitness is unbelievable. The midfield cover every blade of grass and the fact they are both technically good on the ball makes them the best midfield in this league and no one will convince me otherwise. Hopefully some draws today and we can keep a good few points of a gap from 5th. 

Huge change in mentality this season. Going a goal down early doors would have buried us last year, if anything last night it settled us and made the players dig deep. It is the first time since the McCall era I've seen our players genuinely look like they were having fun. 

Everyone put a shift in and fought for each other. Going to single out Houston, we've all given him a fair amount of criticism that last few years. Last night he showed us that promise we saw when he arrived on loan. It is the first time I can remember seeing him being vocal on the field and his confidence is clearly back. Really hope the lad keeps his head up and kicks on as there is a player in there. Deserves alot of credit from last night especially for his goal. 

One thing is 100% for certain not many teams will out work us this season the energy and fitness levels are off the chart and the Moff must deserve a lot of praise for that. Ben Dempsey was immense last (apart from his fresh air hit) if he can add goals to his game he would could be a superstar and bring in a hefty transfer fee when he leaves, couple of times in that first half he thundered in to 50/50s and it just set the tone.

I'd like to see us try and extend O'Conners deal soon, He was a big part of last night going forward. Once we are safe this season from any fears of relegation I'd also like to see us try extending a couple of the two year deals for another year. 

We still need bodies in this week regardless of how well we are doing, maybe even allowing 1 or 2 of the younger players to go out on loan to play regularly. 

I'm fucking loving this at the moment. Not felt as happy and looking forward to games since Uncle Ian.

After the league cup, I and many others feared the worst but Bullen and the coaches obviously knew what they were doing.

As a team we work incredibly hard, there won't be many teams who will outwork us. It's such a good feeling when you come back from a goal down as well. We'll have our off days but the spine of the team is strong. I love Musonda and Kirk at the back, its almost like having two Peter Murphys.

I'd still like to see a striker and maybe an attacking mid or a winger? Just to give us a little more depth.

Dipo is some boi. So so strong. His second goal is beautiful. 

Let's enjoy the ride folks and see where it takes us.

Well thoroughly enjoyed two teams going at it last night and I felt we deserved it although there wasn’t much between the teams. Dundee suffered when Mccowan and McGowan went off and we capitalised.

Lotsof 8 out of tens from the team last night with a few worth special mentions

Reading gave the ball away for the first goal and at fault at the back post to cut it out rest of half you could see it was effecting him, but what a turnaround second half absolutely outstanding the second half.

Albinson best game for Ayr yet vital stops at important times in the game nd assured in everything he done.

O’Connor caused them all sorts of problems with his direct running he keeps that up and he will be a top asset for the club.

Houston I’m not a fan but what a performance last night topped with the goal needs to keep that up more like the player when he was on loan from Rangers

Akinyeme thank god he’s on a two year deal keeps this up we’ll get a big fee for him as it’s inevitable we won’t be able to keep him

Overall everything is great but we must get 2/3 players in to complement the squad as we will pick up injuries and suspensions due to the competitive nature we play on the front foot.

last word to Bullen he told us we would be ready for the league and he was 100% right things are on the up.

Hands fully raised on that one.
His post-match suggests he's still very much treating this as a shop window thing but to be quite honest he can have the fucking shop window if he keeps this up. Can you imagine that Ayr United might actually get a non-desultory transfer fee from someone in this day and age.

Aye if the big guy is trying to earn a good move then I’m not arsed so long as he plays like that every week. I said it elsewhere but come the summer I think Mathie will make a concerted effort to either extend his contract or sell him on. Lining up a replacement is obviously key but getting a six figure fee for him would hopefully allow him to be replaced and other areas of the squad to be invested in.