The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See director Fraser McIntyre is planning to open a new restaurant/bar in the town where the old superdrug used to be.

Good to see he's obviously still going strong after all the covid closures for a couple of years

Was that in the Kyle Centre?

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Would be nice to have a club shop in the town somewhere, see Arbroath even have a club shop in the town

Rent and rates would mean it wouldn't be worthwhile, that and the fact that Ayr town centre is 2/3 empty and the only folk wandering about during the day have clearly nowhere else to go during the day. 

A sports bar in the town owned by the club might be better, selling match tickets etc. 

The council could use the empty shop fronts to advertise local clubs/groups/facilities though. 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Rent and rates would mean it wouldn't be worthwhile, that and the fact that Ayr town centre is 2/3 empty and the only folk wandering about during the day have clearly nowhere else to go during the day. 

A sports bar in the town owned by the club might be better, selling match tickets etc. 

The council could use the empty shop fronts to advertise local clubs/groups/facilities though. 

We have a couple of shops in town selling match tickets , Cafe Ginger ( Wellington Square) Home Bakery ( George Street) I personally don’t think the shop would do much better in town , a great deal of the shop sales come from online and match day so moving into town paying rent and rates would not be any more financially better for us 

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

The timing of the off the field improvements couldn't be worse though. Just when we're ideally placed to attract new fans along comes war in Europe and Weimar style inflation!

Stock up on Gold and start hoarding Tesco trolleys.......

35 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

@finlay21 is there much stock of the Ayrshire Post retro strip and the back away kit in stack in 3xl left.

In that size we have availability in both , do you want me to put 1 if each away for you and you can phone and pay later today ? as we only have a couple of Post kits in that size 

In that size we have availability in both , do you want me to put 1 if each away for you and you can phone and pay later today ? as we only have a couple of Post kits in that size 
I'll not have the money to payday tomorrow if you don't have the retro one ill just get the away one tomorrow's thanks anyway.

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

See there's been another push today to buy season tickets, wonder how many we've sold

Would have renewed this year if I could have bought it on the tick. However we're buying a house which will need renovated as well so it is at present a luxury I can't afford when my wife has also cut right back on things. 

16 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

We have a couple of shops in town selling match tickets , Cafe Ginger ( Wellington Square) Home Bakery ( George Street) I personally don’t think the shop would do much better in town , a great deal of the shop sales come from online and match day so moving into town paying rent and rates would not be any more financially better for us 

There is a shop in Prague that sells replica gear and souvenirs of most of the Prague sports teams, football, hockey, basketball etc as well as tickets to the lotteries. It’s probably a third of the size of the current club shop at Ayr. 
I don’t think the punters on Ayr high street would be tempted with the casual purchase of an Ayr top or an Ayr United bedspread. A communal shop of Ayr rugby, the Vics, Ayr Seaforth etc probably wouldn’t make enough profit to survive and if it did, would probably dent profits the clubs make in on-line or matchday sales.

Having a presence in the town of some sort would be good though, even adverts for fixtures on the LED advertising boards or advertising boards in prominent locations that might tempt folk to try a game or come back. 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is a shop in Prague that sells replica gear and souvenirs of most of the Prague sports teams, football, hockey, basketball etc as well as tickets to the lotteries. It’s probably a third of the size of the current club shop at Ayr. 
I don’t think the punters on Ayr high street would be tempted with the casual purchase of an Ayr top or an Ayr United bedspread. A communal shop of Ayr rugby, the Vics, Ayr Seaforth etc probably wouldn’t make enough profit to survive and if it did, would probably dent profits the clubs make in on-line or matchday sales.

Having a presence in the town of some sort would be good though, even adverts for fixtures on the LED advertising boards or advertising boards in prominent locations that might tempt folk to try a game or come back. 

A huge led screen mounted onto the Wallace tower saying support your local football team .f**k the old firm .that's what I wanna see.