The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

An international class centre-back.

BTW who was the last international who got caps while playing for us? Did Finnbogason or one of those Faroese boys from the late 90s get capped while playing for us?

Jack Baird, has over 500 caps for Jingilyland.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

An international class centre-back.

BTW who was the last international who got caps while playing for us? Did Finnbogason or one of those Faroese boys from the late 90s get capped while playing for us?

I would assume the faorese lads for full international, although Kelly, doohan and harvie all picked up u21 while with us

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’ll likely kick off next week in the last few days of the window when clubs start scrambling around for players. Hopefully we’ll manage to get a striker at the very least then.

Plenty of strikers about just now.

They're all bin men and train drivers and not footballers though.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’ll likely kick off next week in the last few days of the window when clubs start scrambling around for players. Hopefully we’ll manage to get a striker at the very least then.

On the evidence of the league season so far, I reckon we're only about 2 quality forward players away from a very competent squad with lots of decent cover in most areas.

I'm not Mckenzie's biggest fan and reckon he could / should have scored 3 or 4 already as could Sam Ashford if either was a good finisher / showed more composure, however the fact remains that both are contributing as team players with great workrate and high press and both seem to be playing right into Dipo's hands which again is a huge plus for us as a team.

Daire seems to be getting his confidence back and Paddy is another one that's looking more like the player we'd all hope he'd be when we signed him.

Middle of the park is looking very safe and secure with Dempsey and Murdoch and at the back we've got 3 decent Centre backs in McGinty, Kirk and Musonda.

JML is still a bit of a wildcard and could be anything, Bangala we don't yet know about and both our keepers, although not perfect, are both competent performers.

McAllister has done well since he's come back in and Houston / Ecrepont provide decent cover for both full backs.

Smith doesn't look completely out of place when called upon although is still learning and same can be said for Bryden if required.

So Yes, a decent striker as a partner or good cover for Dipo and a more experienced proven attacking Mid would pretty much turn us into a realistic force I reckon.

What's also apparent is the togetherness of the squad and the way Bullen is managing them / keeping them all involved etc, there will be disappointments to come, of that there's no doubt, however we really do seem a completely different side from last year.

I'll say it again, but Dipo has been a REAL find !!!

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

On the evidence of the league season so far, I reckon we're only about 2 quality forward players away from a very competent squad with lots of decent cover in most areas.

I'm not Mckenzie's biggest fan and reckon he could / should have scored 3 or 4 already as could Sam Ashford if either was a good finisher / showed more composure, however the fact remains that both are contributing as team players with great workrate and high press and both seem to be playing right into Dipo's hands which again is a huge plus for us as a team.

Daire seems to be getting his confidence back and Paddy is another one that's looking more like the player we'd all hope he'd be when we signed him.

Middle of the park is looking very safe and secure with Dempsey and Murdoch and at the back we've got 3 decent Centre backs in McGinty, Kirk and Musonda.

JML is still a bit of a wildcard and could be anything, Bangala we don't yet know about and both our keepers, although not perfect, are both competent performers.

McAllister has done well since he's come back in and Houston / Ecrepont provide decent cover for both full backs.

Smith doesn't look completely out of place when called upon although is still learning and same can be said for Bryden if required.

So Yes, a decent striker as a partner or good cover for Dipo and a more experienced proven attacking Mid would pretty much turn us into a realistic force I reckon.

What's also apparent is the togetherness of the squad and the way Bullen is managing them / keeping them all involved etc, there will be disappointments to come, of that there's no doubt, however we really do seem a completely different side from last year.

I'll say it again, but Dipo has been a REAL find !!!

Totally agree..... Great post... 

And yes Dipo has been great piece of buissness.... Wonder if the club are already thinking about offering him a longer deal?? 

Know he is on 2 years but no doubt Mccall will be after him soon as he has a total boner for Ayr players 

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton

I see the squad and staff were at Hawkhill today having a laugh at the bowls. After the golf day it looks like they're making use of local sports facilities to promote a good atmosphere amongst the squad. Who knows, one day they'll maybe get good weather for it!

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Totally agree..... Great post... 

And yes Dipo has been great piece of buissness.... Wonder if the club are already thinking about offering him a longer deal?? 

Know he is on 2 years but no doubt Mccall will be after him soon as he has a total boner for Ayr players 

If Dipo continues the way he's started, then I think he'll be going much higher than the Scottish Championship.

I see Stephen Kelly has one of the goals for Rangers Colts or whatever they are called, currently pumping Dumbarton 7-0 in the Diddy Cup.  
What a waste of talent, would love him back but agree as some one said the other day he would not fit the way we are set up at the moment it's working well.