The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Ecrepont was 17 turning 18 when Reading joined. I doubt any clubs at this level would have went into a season with only an academy player available to play there.

Can't think of many teams who run with one player for one position only. It's not like we have had many emerging young players the last few years so to have two in the same position requiring game time isn't good forward planning

Got to ask, as I've just been reading my news feed.
Obviously, players can be idiots out with football. David Goodwillie, Johnathan Tiffoney, Leigh Griffiths etc....
Would John Herron be redeemable or has he f*cked his career?

Nah he’s a fud. Plus he’s also not very good at football.

anyone know what the first ever Ayr strip looked like?
That would be a good seller, updated production methods aside.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Scotland_Index.htm

This site shows historical kits for all Scottish and English League clubs. It’s got a lot of defunct Scottish clubs including our predecessors Ayr FC and Ayr Parkhouse.

Worth a look. If you want a laugh look at Hearts first strip - looks more like something you’d have worn to the Bobby Jones in the Saturday Night Fever days although I wouldn’t have fancied your chances in the taxi queue at the Station afterwards.

54 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

McCall wasn't known for giving many young players a chance unless they had potential but seemed to be gradually giving him game time for when Harvie left. The next three managers didn't seem keen to offer game time or sanction further loan moves. 

I'm not sure that's true or you've been generous to McCall. Ecrepont made two sub appearances under him. Debut was about 1 minute in the Dundee United demolition and he probably never touched the ball and the second was Wrexham away Muirhead started at LB ahead of him only for him to go off injured after 15 minutes, otherwise I doubt he'd have got more than 10 minutes in that one.

His development has stalled/suffered for a number of reasons such as us winning the league in 17/18 as he'd have probably have played more in L1 the following season, our lack of progression in the Challenge Cup in the the last 3/4 season and no reserve football. However not sure Kerr could have done much more when Harvie was ever present and then the following season he let him go on loan to play regularly (where he didn't exactly standout).

23 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Got to ask, as I've just been reading my news feed.

Obviously, players can be idiots out with football. David Goodwillie, Johnathan Tiffoney, Leigh Griffiths etc....

Would John Herron be redeemable or has he f*cked his career?

A fucking imbecile. What would make anyone think wearing a t-shirt declaring support for a terrorist organisation would be a good idea?

If you were to walk around wearing something like that, you would deserve the sore face you would likely get.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

A fucking imbecile. What would make anyone think wearing a t-shirt declaring support for a terrorist organisation would be a good idea?

If you were to walk around wearing something like that, you would deserve the sore face you would likely get.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, just wanted to know if he could be redeemed or not. As @D'Jaffosaid, he's not that great a footballer.

It is definitely a stupid thing to do. Things like that have heehaw to do with football, yet, whilst in a position of representing a club, you'd be expected to not do such idiocy. Not the worst player off field stunt though 😐

10 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

anyone know what the first ever Ayr strip looked like?

That would be a good seller, updated production methods aside.

Officially referred to as gold and crimson hoops with navy blue shorts. The away strip from 2009-10 was a nod to it.