The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I've always wondered why clubs don't get into making retro tops as there is a big market for it. I'd also happily pay a little extra than I would for an independent seller if I know the money is going to the club.

Edited by AuAl

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Much stock? Not sure whether to hold off to Friday night or phone and order them over the phone. I’ll not have a chance to get into Ayr before Friday. 

Been extremely popular, sold out of S , M and L , order placed today to replenish , supplier only sent in very limited quantities but has now allowed us to increase orders , all sizes are available in the Ayr Advertiser strip 

Edited by Finlay21

25 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Think the away one is now sold out up to Large size. Still some of the bigger sizes though

I bought a Large away one and it's fairly generous compared to todays top sizes. Same with the home one. Quality is very good. Embroidered badge and nothing iron on. Sponsor is in the material. Material is also heavier like older tops. 

They'd be daft not to order more. This market could make a fortune. Especially if they bring others out like the bird crap one or the cup final one

We are looking to bring out others ,

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

I’d like to see a return to the Barcelona change strip too although it still has bad memories from a mid-Seventies midweek game where the highlights were on Sportscene where we were on the wrong end of a 7-2 doing from a Dalglish inspired Celtic. I always think of change strips as being away strips but it tended to be the home team that changed strip one those days.

Remember that game well Ayr played great but Celtic and Dalglish were outstanding 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Been extremely popular, sold out of S , M and L , order placed today to replenish , supplier only sent in very limited quantities but has now allowed us to increase orders , all sizes are available in the Ayr Advertiser strip 

I need to get me the AP one. Work was full on today so couldn't call to order over the phone. Looking forward to them coming back in stock. 👍

Edited by Trogdor

27 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I need to get me the AP one. Work was full on today so couldn't call to order over the phobe. Looking forward to them coming back in stock. 👍

Mail or call shop and we can put you on pre order sheet so at least you get one when they come back in 

3 hours ago, jm86 said:

Davy Wells         Sanny McAnespie           ?            Hugh Sproat      Riki Fleming        John Murphy

Alex Ingram       Gerry Phillips     Johnny Graham               Johnny Doyle        ?              Jim McSherry

Joe Filippi                         ?                           Davie McCulloch   

For golden oldies only. Can anyone identify the missing players?      That 7-2 defeat by Celtic is about the only game I've left early. After the 5th goal I think. That came in the 34th minute. I missed our magnificent 2-2 draw over the remaining 56 mins.      

You also missed Dalglish diving looking to make it 8

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Following in the footsteps of his brother,  who was the last Ayr player to be capped at youth level. 

Lets hope he can surpass his brother who has been unlucky with our recent managers and laptop man signing someone from the same background but further down their career

Lets hope he can surpass his brother who has been unlucky with our recent managers and laptop man signing someone from the same background but further down their career
Hopefully he gets his chance this season if Bullen rotates the squad the way he talked about after Saturday, we seam have been talking about him for years but he's still only 20.

13 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Are you implying Paddy Reading wasn’t a good signing? And that Ecrepont should have been starting instead of signing him...

He hasn’t been unlucky, he just has someone who is also young, always fit (touchwood) and is better than him in front of him. Ecrepont really needs to go out on loan! 

2 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Finn will make it .if not with us then he will somewhere else .when he does get a game he has never put a foot wrong .

He had just been very unfortunate that the players he was trying to take over from were both playing for Scotland U21s when he was breaking through , Reading and Harvey , he is decent and ready to take over when Paddy moves on or picks up an injury I would think 

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

And if anyone was thinking of starting a bad haircuts competition for Ayr players on football cards don’t bother as we have a clear winner

F1277944-D306-4BF4-9276-B65A6C9E0B02.jpeg

I think this one. I'm a barber and I honestly remember my granny having hair like this.

quinton-young-cb006614-4df4-4fdf-bba0-3c7094f1117-resize-750.jpeg

Edited by Roxanne's man

I think Ecrepont could feature more this season. He was never likely to get a chance last season under Bullen when things were tighter down at the bottom but Saturday showed that we won’t hesitate to rotate things when we are able to. Reading is a very important player for us but I’m sure there will be times when we can give Ecrepont twenty minutes here and there and maybe start him in the odd game.

I wonder if our good start has made any of our targets any keener to join us? It’s getting to that time where all the guys who were holding out for better deals might decide to jump on whatever offer they have in need of a wage.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Are you implying Paddy Reading wasn’t a good signing? And that Ecrepont should have been starting instead of signing him...

He hasn’t been unlucky, he just has someone who is also young, always fit (touchwood) and is better than him in front of him. Ecrepont really needs to go out on loan! 

McCall wasn't known for giving many young players a chance unless they had potential but seemed to be gradually giving him game time for when Harvie left. The next three managers didn't seem keen to offer game time or sanction further loan moves. Lets hope Bullen gives him a chance or a loan move. Whilst Reading has been a good signing it is also one that has blocked the path of our most promising youth player. Not sure this would have happened at other clubs who like to promote from their academy

25 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

McCall wasn't known for giving many young players a chance unless they had potential but seemed to be gradually giving him game time for when Harvie left. The next three managers didn't seem keen to offer game time or sanction further loan moves. Lets hope Bullen gives him a chance or a loan move. Whilst Reading has been a good signing it is also one that has blocked the path of our most promising youth player. Not sure this would have happened at other clubs who like to promote from their academy

Ecrepont was 17 turning 18 when Reading joined. I doubt any clubs at this level would have went into a season with only an academy player available to play there.

Edited by eez-eh