The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Ayrmai said:

If I was to choose a strip to return it would be this one, perhaps with different shorts though.

E5B077DD-CB10-4CB3-9824-C848750B6B1D.jpeg

Hate stripes and hoops so I'll meet you in the middle with this. 

football_shirt_29246_1_370x532x1.jpg

If I was to choose a strip to return it would be this one, perhaps with different shorts though.
E5B077DD-CB10-4CB3-9824-C848750B6B1D.thumb.jpeg.2e28ca3fc844f20d588c4d63f213aae7.jpeg

I’d like to see a return to the Barcelona change strip too although it still has bad memories from a mid-Seventies midweek game where the highlights were on Sportscene where we were on the wrong end of a 7-2 doing from a Dalglish inspired Celtic. I always think of change strips as being away strips but it tended to be the home team that changed strip one those days.

It is, though there are some inaccuracies. Those late 70s and early 80s strips didn't have sharing for a start.
With regard to the badge I prefer the old one, but I'm not hung up about it.

It must be have been a mammoth task compiling that site - there’s bound to be a few errors.

Didn’t realise that Killie had a short spell wearing black and white early in their existence - Ayr FC had the colours first thankfully.

Also didn’t know Aberdeen only started wearing red in 1939. They presumably changed to stop being confused with East Fife which is understandable.

16 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

What’s the sizing of it like mate?

I wasn't sure if I was going to get a small or medium. Got a medium and I'd say it's at the smaller end of medium (if that makes any sense).

I think the sizes go up to 3XL. They had some out on display in the shop so you could probably try sizing it up when buying.

32 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Didn’t realise that Killie had a short spell wearing black and white early in their existence - Ayr FC had the colours first thankfully.

The colour scheme on the first Kilmarnock strip didn't come as a surprise. 

56 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I wasn't sure if I was going to get a small or medium. Got a medium and I'd say it's at the smaller end of medium (if that makes any sense).

I think the sizes go up to 3XL. They had some out on display in the shop so you could probably try sizing it up when buying.

Much stock? Not sure whether to hold off to Friday night or phone and order them over the phone. I’ll not have a chance to get into Ayr before Friday. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Much stock? Not sure whether to hold off to Friday night or phone and order them over the phone. I’ll not have a chance to get into Ayr before Friday. 

Not sure tbh. I should have asked.

They basically had one of each size out in the shop so folk could see them but all the stock was in the back room and you just asked for the size you were after.

It may be worth ordering over the phone just incase I guess.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I’d like to see a return to the Barcelona change strip too although it still has bad memories from a mid-Seventies midweek game where the highlights were on Sportscene where we were on the wrong end of a 7-2 doing from a Dalglish inspired Celtic. I always think of change strips as being away strips but it tended to be the home team that changed strip one those days.

Davy Wells         Sanny McAnespie           ?            Hugh Sproat      Riki Fleming        John Murphy

Alex Ingram       Gerry Phillips     Johnny Graham               Johnny Doyle        ?              Jim McSherry

Joe Filippi                         ?                           Davie McCulloch   

For golden oldies only. Can anyone identify the missing players?      That 7-2 defeat by Celtic is about the only game I've left early. After the 5th goal I think. That came in the 34th minute. I missed our magnificent 2-2 draw over the remaining 56 mins.      

14 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Davy Wells         Sanny McAnespie           ?            Hugh Sproat      Riki Fleming        John Murphy

Alex Ingram       Gerry Phillips     Johnny Graham               Johnny Doyle        ?              Jim McSherry

Joe Filippi                         ?                           Davie McCulloch   

For golden oldies only. Can anyone identify the missing players?      That 7-2 defeat by Celtic is about the only game I've left early. After the 5th goal I think. That came in the 34th minute. I missed our magnificent 2-2 draw over the remaining 56 mins.      

Ayr Utd:
Sproat, McDonald, Murphy, McAnespie, Fleming, Fillipi, Doyle, Graham, Ingram, Phillips, McCulloch Subs: Cameron McSherry

Goals: Graham (42 pen), Doyle (55)

https://www.thecelticwiki.com/1975-11-12-ayr-united-2-7-celtic-premier-division/

Ayr Utd:
Sproat, McDonald, Murphy, McAnespie, Fleming, Fillipi, Doyle, Graham, Ingram, Phillips, McCulloch Subs: Cameron McSherry

Goals: Graham (42 pen), Doyle (55)

https://www.thecelticwiki.com/1975-11-12-ayr-united-2-7-celtic-premier-division/

Strange to think two of that Ayr team would be pulling on the Celtic hoops within a couple of years - three months in the case of Doyle.

Think McInally was the last direct transfer from Ayr to Celtic but Doyle and Fillipi must have been the two previous ones.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think the away one is now sold out up to Large size. Still some of the bigger sizes though

I bought a Large away one and it's fairly generous compared to todays top sizes. Same with the home one. Quality is very good. Embroidered badge and nothing iron on. Sponsor is in the material. Material is also heavier like older tops. 

They'd be daft not to order more. This market could make a fortune. Especially if they bring others out like the bird crap one or the cup final one