The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Wish this was the original badge but I'll definitely be getting the Alain Horrice one

I have to have the AP one. I haven't bought a top this season but I have to have that one, it's a beaut. 😍

34 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Am I the only one who thinks the new badge is way better than our old one?

Yesterday a few of us were debating what badge we preferred, and I definitely prefer the new badge! I was in the minority though.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Wondering what's happening with Stephen Kelly

Do i do dare dream that maybe just...?

It really depends on what offers he has. If there are clubs in the 2nd to 4th tier of English football then I’d say we would have no choice. 

Our best bet would be to do a deal with Rangers that would ultimately give them the bulk of any transfer fee we ever received for him and a buy back option. But that would be on the assumption that we were the best option to develop him as a player and no one else was interested.

Unlikely at best.

Wondering what's happening with Stephen Kelly
Do i do dare dream that maybe just...?

I would say our chances of signing him are less than slim. He had a good spell at Salford last season so I’m surprised another League 2 team hasn’t tried to get him yet. Maybe he’s waiting for a bigger move but even if that’s the case it rules us out. Even if we were able to negotiate some sort of deal with Rangers, the player himself probably wouldn’t see us as a very enticing move, even if he did have a really fruitful spell with us a couple of years ago.

I’m not even sure if a move for him is overly wise. He’s a brilliant midfielder, no doubt but if we signed him we’d have to change our shape to accommodate him. The 4-4-2 has been working for us so far so I’m not sure changing it is all that wise especially considering Dipo seems to work better with a striking partner as opposed to leading the line himself. I’d rather prioritise another striker as we’re finding it all too easy to create chances but struggling to put them away. If we had the chance to sign Kelly then you’d be daft to turn him away but I’m not sure his signing, and then a change to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 would be the best thing for us. There will be games where we might have to put Bangala or Hewitt in and drop a forward but that’s only for certain games where we might need that extra man in midfield. I think 4-4-2 is the way forward for us just now.

We're looking for another CM, bizarrely considering we have a fair few stockpiled (but none with creative intent), and Kelly worked with Gary Bowyer last season so I'd imagine he'd go for him if there was a chance to get him in. Rangers seem reluctant though because Bowyer went to Billy Kirkwood whom he's apparently pals with to see who was available and ended up coming out with Ben Williamson.

11 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Am I the only one who thinks the new badge is way better than our old one?

I don't like change and neither do most people which, coupled with nostalgia, is why probably the majority will still prefer the old badge as it's all they knew for most of their Ayr supporting lives. Having had the new badge now for a good few years, I genuinely prefer and like it better as well. It's definitely a nicer badge.

Edited by Calayrdonia