The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Jobby's free scoring Thistle at home on the 10th will be an interesting one. If we can iron out the kinks by then it could have the makings of a decent season.

Our chances of landing some decent new recruits has surely bumped up a bit with the way things are going now.

Let's hope big Graham misses out on that game, or we're a goal down before we start. Nice if Tiffoney could miss it as well. Looks on fire at the moment.

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Fair fucks to Bullen and the squad. I was really worried after the league cup. 4 games into the league and we're top and the only team unbeaten.

Enjoy your night fellow honest men and bonnie lassies. I know I will. 🍻

Football is fucking brilliant at that!

So many times teams that look like they'll have a good season turn to shit, and teams that can't buy a goal suddenly go on a run.

I love that we've got a clear strategy at the club again.  A young manager, some young players with sell-on value being signed up on long term deals (in comparison to previously), and a lot going on off the pitch.

We'll no doubt go on a losing streak soon but I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts!  We've made good appointments, let's stick with them.

Cove looked very out of their depth today, at least 3 veterans that appeared totally lost.

Musonda absolutely bossed it at the back. Colossal. Kirk has made it difficult to drop him next week. Paddy Reading finally getting a bit of consistency. 

Dempsey will be a very important player for us, does a lot of the unnoticed with Murdoch

Ashford obviously isn't much of a goalscorer but his contribution is invaluable, he made that second goal today.

O'connor needs to go more direct towards goal in my opinion, fair enough he's trying to play others in, but be a wee bit greedy now and again.

Dipo is an absolute tank, Reynolds was sent into retirement today. 

Positive start to the season after the worries, but we're still thin for cover. Another Striker and a #10 please Bullen

27 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Dundee, at the moment, wouldn't appear to be overly threatening. Today, at Cappielow, they had 2 shots, none on target. Morton had 5 with 3 on target. Must have been a breath taking watch.

They scored four the previous week...

59 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Dundee, at the moment, wouldn't appear to be overly threatening. Today, at Cappielow, they had 2 shots, none on target. Morton had 5 with 3 on target. Must have been a breath taking watch.

McMullan, Rudden and McCowan is the best forward line in the division by a country mile.  Mulligan looks a real player too.  Fair play to Morton for containing them.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Jobby's free scoring Thistle at home on the 10th will be an interesting one.

Now that Ayr are one of Jobby's legacy clubs every game will have the potential to go ±5 goals either way.

Anyway, suicide watch for the doomers on here tonight. Even if it is still justifiable to say that none of the four sides that have been played so far are top-half material, it is also the case that being able to come out on top against the league's lesser teams is the difference between a good season and yet anoher year-long relegation battle.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I love that we've got a clear strategy at the club again.  A young manager, some young players with sell-on value being signed up on long term deals (in comparison to previously), and a lot going on off the pitch.

Eh? He is in his 50's. 🥴

11 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Eh? He is in his 50's. 🥴

He's the twelfth-oldest manager in the senior leagues, though only the fifth-oldest in the Championship. (Horrified to discover that if I were to get a management job tomorrow I'd only be the ninth-youngest.)

Agree with @United1973, we are still needing another striker who can finish. The number of chances we passed up yesterday was unreal and it may come back to bite us against better teams. 

i was surprised that Bullen dropped his captain but I thought Kirk had a very good game and his distribution was mostly very good. If i were a Rovers fan I'd be asking myself why Musonda was let go, he was sensational yesterday. 

Agree with [mention=61779]United1973[/mention], we are still needing another striker who can finish. The number of chances we passed up yesterday was unreal and it may come back to bite us against better teams. 
i was surprised that Bullen dropped his captain but I thought Kirk had a very good game and his distribution was mostly very good. If i were a Rovers fan I'd be asking myself why Musonda was let go, he was sensational yesterday. 

Musonda is another Murdoch situation. Let go by a manager who thinks he can get better. Comes to us and we’re left thinking “how the hell have we managed to sign him”. Easily one of the best centre backs in the league.