The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Supposedly Hartlepool are showing interest in him 

What’s the state of play with what we’re looking for?

If we’re sticking with a 4-4-2 then it makes sense to maybe look at another wide option and a striker. Ideally I’d like us to play 4-3-3 but I don’t think Dipo can play as an isolated striker. Think he plays better alongside someone.

We need a striker and a winger/attacking midfielder minimum or once we get an injury or suspension we will be relying on round pegs in square holes or youths who aren’t ready yet. I have serious concerns. 

somebody said Owen Moffat from Celtic does he have any playing time that’s not in the youth league? 

Saw we lost a reserve friendly 4-0 to Queens Park.   From the photos I saw I  only really recognised JML for us other than McAdams, who certainly looked pretty poor based on the Go-Pro footage QP put up of the goals.  

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

We need a striker and a winger/attacking midfielder minimum or once we get an injury or suspension we will be relying on round pegs in square holes or youths who aren’t ready yet. I have serious concerns. 

somebody said Owen Moffat from Celtic does he have any playing time that’s not in the youth league? 

Moffat made two appearances for the Celtic first-team last season.

I am guessing that we are just waiting until the last day of the window and delving in to the loan market. 

Either that or they naïvely think that after 3 reasonable results the squad is in a reasonable place and they don’t need anyone in. 
That's sounds entirely plausible for the old Ayr but you'd think they wouldn't be that daft now.

Of course if they do think that then what will happen is the window will shut and we'll get a raft of injuries.

In some weird way this decent start to the season could actually end up being detrimental to us for the rest of it.

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Saw we lost a reserve friendly 4-0 to Queens Park.   From the photos I saw I  only really recognised JML for us other than McAdams, who certainly looked pretty poor based on the Go-Pro footage QP put up of the goals.  

https://www.iancairnsmedia.co.uk/p633290444 - From these photos it looked like starting line-up was McAdams, Houston, Kirk, Bilham, Ecrepont, Hewitt, Moffat, Smith, Lawson, Guthrie, Bryden. Looks like quite a few youngsters were on by the time most of the goals went in although McAdams even looks bad in these photos and the Go-Pro confirms it.

https://www.iancairnsmedia.co.uk/p633290444 - From these photos it looked like starting line-up was McAdams, Houston, Kirk, Bilham, Ecrepont, Hewitt, Moffat, Smith, Lawson, Guthrie, Bryden. Looks like quite a few youngsters were on by the time most of the goals went in although McAdams even looks bad in these photos and the Go-Pro confirms it.

Genuinely wouldn’t against moving McAdams on and freeing up his wage to help bring someone else in. I don’t think he’ll play much if Albinson stays fit.

I can't in any way be over-critical of the season so far. Beginning to wonder if the lack of signings is in part due therefore to Bullen and the people around him wanting the right kind of player such that the current (performing very well) squad aren't disheartened by the sight of some wage-thief signed in order to appease some grumblings from the terraces. Put another way, if I was Bullen I'd want someone who's done a full pre-season and who's looking to get regular (if not very regular) game time.  Of course, those parameters make the next signing a tricky one so I don't envy anyone that task.

Whatever, onwards to Cove and another plastic pitch 🤢   

Allan has a heart condition and diabetes, Arbroath are probably the only club in the league he would sign for as they only train 2 days a week.  However a 2 year deal is a massive gamble.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Genuinely wouldn’t against moving McAdams on and freeing up his wage to help bring someone else in. I don’t think he’ll play much if Albinson stays fit.

Imagine he's on a decent wage too since it was a 2 yr deal where as Albinson arrived from Warrington Town although not sure who needs a GK. Only August but would be surprised if either are here next season unless Albinson is happy being backup again as I'm not 100% convinced by either.

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

And leave ourself with a Morton situation last year where they only had 1 goalkeeper? 

McAdams is a far better goalkeeper than Albinson and suspect he’ll regain his place back at some point.