The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He didn't though, because he's not good enough for them. Which is entirely the point. Current internationals of the type generally bought by the OF will get done quickly because a work permit is granted by right. For lower level players they are in the same boat as Pavel from Poland who wants to come work in the local abattoir and will have to take the same process route.

Well aware of the process its just you take things far too serious on this board

Was Pavel successful in securing a permit?

9 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Well aware of the process its just you take things far too serious on this board

Was Pavel successful in securing a permit?

If Pavel has any sense he'll stay in Poland as it's a far better standard of living over there !!

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Allan signing for Abroath. Absolutely mad that he’s had to drop to PT football and hasn’t received a better offer than that.

Not going to lie, I’m fucking fuming with that. The exact type of player we are missing, and he will now go to another side who we should be looking to beat to a play off spot and he will now hugely improve them. 

Meanwhile we appear to be sitting around doing f**k all to improve the areas we need to improve. 

Not going to lie, I’m fucking fuming with that. The exact type of player we are missing, and he will now go to another side who we should be looking to beat to a play off spot and he will now hugely improve them. 

Meanwhile we appear to be sitting around doing f**k all to improve the areas we need to improve. 

We’re perfectly set up for a guy like him to come in when we’ve got Murdoch and Dempsey who can play behind him. If clubs have concerns about his health then fair enough or maybe he wants to stay on the East Coast and it’s easier for him to get to Arbroath. If we’ve not even asked the question then it’s pure stupidity.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

We’re perfectly set up for a guy like him to come in when we’ve got Murdoch and Dempsey who can play behind him. If clubs have concerns about his health then fair enough or maybe he wants to stay on the East Coast and it’s easier for him to get to Arbroath. If we’ve not even asked the question then it’s pure stupidity.

Particularly when you add in Bangala and that we don’t have hugely attacking full backs. Regardless, if it isn’t him we still need a similar style of player - we won’t get one better IMO. 

I guess he may be wanting to pursue things outside football and go PT, but it didn’t sound like it in his interview the other day. 

A fantastic signing for Arbroath if it goes through. 

Particularly when you add in Bangala and that we don’t have hugely attacking full backs. Regardless, if it isn’t him we still need a similar style of player - we won’t get one better IMO. 
I guess he may be wanting to pursue things outside football and go PT, but it didn’t sound like it in his interview the other day. 
A fantastic signing for Arbroath if it goes through. 

It’s sound, we’ll just fork out the money for Stephen Kelly.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s sound, we’ll just fork out the money for Stephen Kelly.

I’ll remove my point and rejoin the 500 fund if we somehow achieved that one. 

I thought Scott Allan was out of our league, it appears he wasn’t but Stephen Kelly is miles behind it now sadly. 

My head is Absoulotely gone (More so than usual) with that news. He’d of been perfect for us.  Our recruitment team seriously need to have a long, hard look at themselves. Teams around us are making signings where we are sitting on our hands when it’s quite clear we require an attacking, creative midfielder and a striker. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

My head is Absoulotely gone (More so than usual) with that news. He’d of been perfect for us.  Our recruitment team seriously need to have a long, hard look at themselves. Teams around us are making signings where we are sitting on our hands when it’s quite clear we require an attacking, creative midfielder and a striker. 

I share your frustration. I'm sure they aren't sitting around doing nothing but it feels like it. Hopefully we get some sort of update on the signing front. Patience is beginning to wane. How long has it been since our last signing? We could all use an imminent. 

As good as signing as looks on paper i wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Hitting 30yo and has only made 236 appearances in his whole career. If he started at 18yo you’re looking at around 15 games a season for the last 12 year, its a no thanks from me 

Edited by Kenny*******Powers

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I share your frustration. I'm sure they aren't sitting around doing nothing but it feels like it. Hopefully we get some sort of update on the signing front. Patience is beginning to wane. How long has it been since our last signing? We could all use an imminent. 

Our last signing was JML on 28th June.