The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Maybe we should sign a couple of EU based players for next season and if we start the process now then we MIGHT just get them in on time for the start of the 23-24 season !!!

33 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

But but but #TakingBackControl

Otherwise known as being an insular little island who hates everyone and everything foreign !!!

19 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Or short-sightedness on behalf of the recruitment team. Mind in football manager when you used to get knocked back for a work permit for a player?

The club will have looked at the timescales quoted, which iirc is about 15 days for the UK and taken them on good faith. It isn't the clubs fault that the estimated time has been long since passed. It sounds like they have ran with the process and provided everything required in the time frame.

Due to the nature of my job I have to apply for business visas (I appreciate slightly different) for countries all over the world, the experience we have going abroad compared to the experience of colleagues trying to come visit us is usually totally different. The home office seem to be an absolute riot at the best of time, which the club wouldn't have known in hindsight, they can only take in good faith what they read and are told when applying. 

38 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Or short-sightedness on behalf of the recruitment team. Mind in football manager when you used to get knocked back for a work permit for a player?

Fond memories of filling a team with talented foreign bargains.

Now consigned to history because of some lies on the side of a bus.

16 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If he had signed for one of the erse cheeks it would have been done and dusted long ago

He didn't though, because he's not good enough for them. Which is entirely the point. Current internationals of the type generally bought by the OF will get done quickly because a work permit is granted by right. For lower level players they are in the same boat as Pavel from Poland who wants to come work in the local abattoir and will have to take the same process route.

I have to apply for an A1 form, which is required if you are going to travel to the EU for work purposes. Even if it is for a one day meeting which I am going for.

I have completed the online form, which I now need to print out and send to HMRC via post like the 1990s 

They will send me the completed certificate in an estimated 10 weeks, I am travelling next week. 

That is for a one day meeting, this boy is moving over to live and work. 

21 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Crikey looks like website by numbers

Better than it was but that was a very low bar.

still a lot of errors, not sure why they didn’t iron them out first before going live.

The club shop page is still the same, absolutely brutal to navigate.