The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Not necessarily.  He has maybe had to adjust his expectations both financially and in terms of the level of club that might be interested.  Might have realised that a step back to go forward might be needed.  I doubt Christian Eriksen ever saw Brentford as an end destination.

I think eriksen will be ragin he left tbf

Surely we’re not now going to wait until October for him to get back to his ‘best’?

The guy hasn’t had any pre season. We might face a similar situation with Bangala when he finally appears.

He’s someone that if you give him time to get up to speed he could win matches for you. I think a lot of teams are being put off by his health condition albeit he said himself it’s not so much of an issue now.

28 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Surely we’re not now going to wait until October for him to get back to his ‘best’?

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The guy hasn’t had any pre season. We might face a similar situation with Bangala when he finally appears.

He’s someone that if you give him time to get up to speed he could win matches for you. I think a lot of teams are being put off by his health condition albeit he said himself it’s not so much of an issue now.

The other aspect is that even a half fit Scott Allan is miles ahead of anyone we have creativity wise...

A fully fit Scott Allan would comfortably be the best player in the league.

No idea what sort of relationship he had with Mathie at hibs but I’d be seriously disappointed if we haven’t at least asked the question. 

A fully fit Scott Allan would comfortably be the best player in the league.
No idea what sort of relationship he had with Mathie at hibs but I’d be seriously disappointed if we haven’t at least asked the question. 

IIRC Mathie tried to punt him to St Mirren to make room for Jamie McGrath. Allan dug his heels in which means Hibs missed out on a new player. No idea if that soured the relationship but Ron Gordon used that horrendous transfer window as justification for sacking Mathie I’m sure.

I dunno guys I’ve read the article again and he makes no mention of training, getting the head down etc to win a deal ala Griffiths, you could, and I’m not saying I am, take it that he thinks he deserves a shot because he played X amount of games for Hibs.

And excuse my ignorance but what difference does it make if he drops dead on a teams pitch? It doesn’t seem that he’s been advised not to play.

Edited by bazka6

6 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

I dunno guys I’ve read the article again and he makes no mention of training, getting the head down etc to win a deal ala Griffiths, you could, and I’m not saying I am, take it that he thinks he deserves a shot because he played X amount of games for Hibs.

And excuse my ignorance but what difference does it make if he drops dead on a teams pitch? It doesn’t seem that he’s been advised not to play.

Mentions he’s been in contact with cardiologists so you’d have to imagine they have advised him it’s safe to keep playing or at the very least the chances of that happening are very low. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s the thing for me.  If we keep waiting for the perfect player to fall out the sky then we’ll be waiting indefinitely - we’re at a point now where we’re going to have to commit to someone.  If we were willing to invest a little time in Allan (who I’m sure is fit enough, though lacking match fitness) then it could be critical over the season.  I think most of us who see Ayr regularly remain really concerned about the lack of creativity in midfield.  Heaven knows what we do if Dipo gets hurt.  

For anyone going to Cove this weekend I’ve been told there’s a fanzone at the stadium which is open to away fans pre and post match. It’s at the opposite end of the stand from the away entrance and is apparently open from 12-8.

Disclaimer - I have no idea what beers etc they serve and this is more of a public service announcement than an endorsement!

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Mentions he’s been in contact with cardiologists so you’d have to imagine they have advised him it’s safe to keep playing or at the very least the chances of that happening are very low. 

Jamie Adams was essentially by as a footballer, his body couldn't cope with full time football any more. He had an agreement with McCall that he'd play if he could, Bell had a similar agreement. 

If any club signs Allan then it would have to be on that arrangement. There would have to be sufficient cover if he wasn't available. 

The cost of insuring him may be prohibitive to clubs as well. It may be the stumbling block to a lot of folk signing him.