The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Thinking about it though,  I would not mind if my name is mentioned 20-30 times this season when my player scores... not too bothered about the substitute bit though.

It will be some season if McGinty scores 20 to 30 goals.

I've been working so I'm a bit late commenting on yesterdays game. Thought it was a decent spectacle and we should have won.  

Enjoyed having Somerset Boab back, the songs certainly took me back!! 

Also for any DKBs looking in, never again talk about us "loving" rangers. I was at my mates earlier and he had a dodgy stream of their game (hes a Killie fan), anyway at the end it panned in on two kids in Killie training tops holding PRINTED signs asking Jota for his shirt. Imagine that shit after your team has been spanked 0-5. Tinpot beyond belief

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

The sub thing only really becomes an issue when teams make a triple substitution or more and it takes half an hour to read them all out.

I must admit I never even noticed it on Saturday 

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Welcome everyone to the Bill McWilliam Somerset Arena for this afternoons SPFL Cinch Championship Match between Jewson Ayr United and Active Access Hamilton Academical. For those fans located in the Somerset Boab North Terrace, please be aware that your Arthur Street Kitchen burger van has been relocated to the Duncan Carmichael Somerset Road End

GIF by Giffffr

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Have to say, if the biggest grievance right now is the players sponsors being read out then we’ve at least made some progress from the League Cup.

For sure, it's a far cry from staring into the middle distance with the sound of silence playing in my head over and over...

Could they announce the sponsor name a few seconds after the change? Eg "Substitution for Ayr United. Leaving the field number 8 Bob Smith to be replaced by number 14 Les Jones ...This season Les Jones is sponsored by Henry's Haulage Ltd, first in Ayrshire for all your haulage needs."

24 minutes ago, Iain said:

Could they announce the sponsor name a few seconds after the change? Eg "Substitution for Ayr United. Leaving the field number 8 Bob Smith to be replaced by number 14 Les Jones ...This season Les Jones is sponsored by Henry's Haulage Ltd, first in Ayrshire for all your haulage needs."

These the new signings?

34 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Surely would’ve happened by now if it was going to….

Not necessarily.  He has maybe had to adjust his expectations both financially and in terms of the level of club that might be interested.  Might have realised that a step back to go forward might be needed.  I doubt Christian Eriksen ever saw Brentford as an end destination.