The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I believe the one at hospitality is for post match analysis. Think it remains pretty still but gives a bigger picture of the pitch for Bullen and the coaches.

For next week, we really need to be going to Cove and turning them over. They don’t look pretty great and if we go away from home and get a big win it’ll do wonders for confidence. Hopefully get an imminent this coming week as well.

Don't really know too much about Cove tbf apart from i'd imagine they'll be much tougher to beat at home... still should beat them though. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Things the club can do away with.....

B&W TV

Boaby

Sub sponsor announcements

peter griffin family GIF

Aye, those sponsor announcements are annoying. Good for the sponsors but annoying for those at the match.

Edit: To be fair the sponsors pay for it and its £200 to sponsor a player. I'm tempted to sponsor the Ghost 'Bangala sponsored by Trogdor the burninator'. 

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

peter griffin family GIF

Aye, those sponsor announcements are annoying. Good for the sponsors but annoying for those at the match.

Edit: To be fair the sponsors pay for it and its £200 to sponsor a player. I'm tempted to sponsor the Ghost 'Bangala sponsored by Trogdor the burninator'. 

Missing a trick by not being Home Office Department for Immigration 

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

peter griffin family GIF

Player sponsor isn't anything new though, if they did it once with each player then ok but it's like watching a movie on that freevee and it suddenly cuts to an ad. Takes you out of it a bit.

If you sponsor a player, you get your name in the programme for every home game and you are named on the website. You also get a match worn shirt from the player.

I think that's plenty.

Announcing it during a substitution is extremely clunky, cringe and just a bit over the top.

1 hour ago, Calayrdonia said:

If you sponsor a player, you get your name in the programme for every home game and you are named on the website. You also get a match worn shirt from the player.

I think that's plenty.

Announcing it during a substitution is extremely clunky, cringe and just a bit over the top.

They advertised it as a perk of sponsorship though. It makes sense if you are a business but the majority of shirt sponsors are fans.

if I sponsored a player, I’d be mortified if they read out my name. I’m sure there is an opt out if you didn’t want it, but it would have to be an opt out. 

Seenhighlights and Musonda gets caught flat footed at back post for oreilly to score should never happen he is a good 6 inches bigger than him

most certainly should be winning that game on clear cut chances, good crowd in also so a chance to build on the two thousand if we win in Cove, and if we get a couple of players in a striker and midfielder it could push the crowd up for the Dundee game although being on the box could lessen that.

listening to Bullen and he’s now saying they have to be the right type who will fit in, for me he is talking himself out of signings so not hopefull. It will only take a couple of injuries and we will be right in it.

31 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The sponsorship announcement thing is not professional at all can you imagine a club like Liverpool or Man City doing that? 

No it’s not what professional clubs do

Maybe something they are trying in football that is being done every game at professional Ice Hockey teams throughout the UK and it’s believed to have increased people willing to sponsor ( mostly companies ) and they tend to charge a bit more for the sponsorship, I believe this season it cost £25 more than last season to sponsor a player 

Sponsors present their top to the player pre season starting  and the player presents it back at end of season 

All player sponsors name read out at every game 

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They advertised it as a perk of sponsorship though. It makes sense if you are a business but the majority of shirt sponsors are fans.

if I sponsored a player, I’d be mortified if they read out my name. I’m sure there is an opt out if you didn’t want it, but it would have to be an opt out. 

I get all that, but my god it sounds absolutely ridiculous to read out a random person's name when a player is being subbed and you are announcing who is coming off and who is coming on though. It's dreadful.

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

being done every game at professional Ice Hockey teams throughout the UK and it’s believed to have increased people willing to sponsor ( mostly companies )

"professional" ice hockey in the UK isn't something you should be trying to emulate

In the same way we laugh at the MLS, that's how the hockey world looks at the European hockey leagues outside of the KHL 🤭

3 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

I get all that, but my god it sounds absolutely ridiculous to read out a random person's name when a player is being subbed and you are announcing who is coming off and who is coming on though. It's dreadful.

Bit like grounds which have a title sponsorship, annoying but part of modern day football and earning extra revenue 

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Bit like grounds which have a title sponsorship, annoying but part of modern day football and earning extra revenue 

Welcome everyone to the Bill McWilliam Somerset Arena for this afternoons SPFL Cinch Championship Match between Jewson Ayr United and Active Access Hamilton Academical. For those fans located in the Somerset Boab North Terrace, please be aware that your Arthur Street Kitchen burger van has been relocated to the Duncan Carmichael Somerset Road End

15 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Welcome everyone to the Bill McWilliam Somerset Arena for this afternoons SPFL Cinch Championship Match between Jewson Ayr United and Active Access Hamilton Academical. For those fans located in the Somerset Boab North Terrace, please be aware that your Arthur Street Kitchen burger van has been relocated to the Duncan Carmichael Somerset Road End

......and only accepts bitcoin SV as payment.

I have been a player sponsor for a number of years now.  I decided to do sponsorship as I lived overseas and it seemed a good way to contribute to the club. In previous seasons, you got to meet your player near the end of the season at an event in the bowling club.  You were also given a shirt signed by your player..

This season there were some changes in addition to the above.  The main changes seemed to be handing your player his shirt at an event at the start of the season & having your name mentioned whenever you player scores a goal or is a substitute / substituted.

TBH as an individual sponsor,  I am not really keen to have my name announced.  Fine with it though if others want their name announced and it it attracts more sponsorship.  I can see that it may be a benefit to businesses, etc. 

Thinking about it though,  I would not mind if my name is mentioned 20-30 times this season when my player scores... not too bothered about the substitute bit though.

Edited by stevep56