The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Those highlights are the equivalent of our stream. They aren't Wuffster, that's for sure! I don't give two fucks about intro graphics or graphics showing the goalscorer. I'm more interested in being able to follow play and have a clear steady picture. Those highlights really are a step backwards. I'd rather watch wee Mattman's videos if that's the standard of the highlights package.

Edit - That sounds like I don't watch Mattman's stuff. I do and enjoy it immensely. Often he gets a good angle behind the goals.

Edited by Trogdor

16 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I got about 30 seconds into the highlights before I was prompted to sign up or sign in. f**k off.

They'll be up on YouTube at some point anyway.  Why bother. 

Camera location and coverage was lot worse that last season. What the deal with black and white tv initially they were letting folk use it and put up a few videos each week beyond highlights and press conferences then I though plan was to charge a fiver a month. I get with covid they probably found it difficult to get enough content. If they want to charge got stuff I get why they are putting on black and white tv otherwise why not just also put on youtube.  My old man can barely work a computer but now with smart tv he can work youtube quite well.  If your not charging for it then make it accessible and easy to share on social media which sponsors would probably want to see. 

25 minutes ago, grazza said:

Camera location and coverage was lot worse that last season. What the deal with black and white tv initially they were letting folk use it and put up a few videos each week beyond highlights and press conferences then I though plan was to charge a fiver a month. I get with covid they probably found it difficult to get enough content. If they want to charge got stuff I get why they are putting on black and white tv otherwise why not just also put on youtube.  My old man can barely work a computer but now with smart tv he can work youtube quite well.  If your not charging for it then make it accessible and easy to share on social media which sponsors would probably want to see. 

It’s ridiculous that the club are paying to be able to host Black and White TV (I assume they’ll be paying someone to host the website), and not charging us, so it’s costing the club money. It’s an absolute no brainier to put the footage on YouTube, where each video they’d upload is guaranteed thousands of views, it’s free for the club to upload and use, and they’d gain some ad revenue, albeit quite small amounts. We all know YouTube is very user friendly, everyone probably has the app on their phone, TV etc. I think they should can Black and White TV completely as soon as possible, and just call it a failed experiment. I can’t see many people paying £5 a month or whatever they want to charge to use that horrendous website.

The last I’d heard was that B&W TV was Graeme Millers thing and the club were planning on doing away with it, with all highlights and interviews going on YouTube. Dunno why they’re persevering with it as no one is paying for it and it’s more of a hassle than clicking onto YouTube.

They seemed to be moving stuff back to YouTube earlier in the season and now they've stopped again. 

One great thing about those highlights is that we haven't needed to wait four days for them, however the camera work is lacking to say the least. 

Just watched the highlights. Takes the camera operator until about half time to work the zoom function. Looks like they applied a layer of Vaseline on the lens to give them a soft focus effect. 

Dipo's penalty was poor, right height for a keeper and not far enough in to the corner. I'm still not sure he was off side for the one that was chalked off. 

Yeah highlights are going backwards, also never had any after Queens Park game so presume @wuffster maybe isn't doing them anymore and we're relying on someone else. 

Also noticed there was someone filming on the NT side up on scaffolding at the hospitality, wouldn't be surprised if that's filming for our match analysis stuff.

Yeah highlights are going backwards, also never had any after Queens Park game so presume [mention=13350]wuffster[/mention] maybe isn't doing them anymore and we're relying on someone else. 
Also noticed there was someone filming on the NT side up on scaffolding at the hospitality, wouldn't be surprised if that's filming for our match analysis stuff.

Yeah I believe the one at hospitality is for post match analysis. Think it remains pretty still but gives a bigger picture of the pitch for Bullen and the coaches.

For next week, we really need to be going to Cove and turning them over. They don’t look pretty great and if we go away from home and get a big win it’ll do wonders for confidence. Hopefully get an imminent this coming week as well.