The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Murdoch*
And I agree, been pleasantly surprised by the first 3 games in the league. Not completely shite. We're nothing too special but I think we might be okay in all likelihood.

Aye this for me. I think over the season we’ll be very inconsistent. The plus for me is that we seem to have a coherent way of playing and very recognisable strengths and weaknesses. In the last few seasons you’d struggle to identify anything we’ve been good at. The issues aren’t simply going to sort themselves with two signings as there’s other players that won’t be replaced that are both limited and inconsistent. No doubt McGinty will go through an iffy spell and our full backs may well drop in form. You can say the same for all areas of the team. It’s very well known though that we need another body up front and a more creative player in midfield. If we can get that then I’ll be chuffed.

At least we didn't blow it in terms of the crowd size that was there today. Usually when the attendance is higher we have a tendency to put in a display that makes them not want to come back, but it was fairly entertaining today so a few might be back.

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye this for me. I think over the season we’ll be very inconsistent. The plus for me is that we seem to have a coherent way of playing and very recognisable strengths and weaknesses. In the last few seasons you’d struggle to identify anything we’ve been good at. The issues aren’t simply going to sort themselves with two signings as there’s other players that won’t be replaced that are both limited and inconsistent. No doubt McGinty will go through an iffy spell and our full backs may well drop in form. You can say the same for all areas of the team. It’s very well known though that we need another body up front and a more creative player in midfield. If we can get that then I’ll be chuffed.

Yup, can see a lot of games like today this season. In points it may be quite frustrating through inconsistency, but after the last two seasons I'll happily take that.

Aye it's good to see that we at least have an idea of what we can and can't do. As you say, it's been a while since we looked like anything other than a clueless rabble of limited players who try hard.

Also there was a good crowd in today, a good vibe about the place with the weather and all. If we play the way we have so far in league (first half against Queens Park aside) we should be able to get a win at Cove IMO.

Think i've seen enough to judge that we should be okay and as others say probably a premiership attacker on loan away from becoming really good in the final 3rd because at times today the decision making in the final 3rd/final ball was really poor.

Not to be doom and gloom but what has also become apparant already is we're heavily reliant on Dipo up top, if he gets injured or suspended we're fecked...

Accies first goal was a stunning finish.  Quite ludicrous to blame the keeper.  Don’t think he did much wrong at the 2nd either - it was a good delivery over a crowded box to the back post.  Really poor defending from us, though it did look like there was a push on the defender.  

Otherwise, today just confirmed what we already knew - we need a striker with some pace and movement who can play off Dipo plus a bit more quality in the wide areas as none of the existing options look very convincing.

McAdams is a very good stop stopper (apart from Dunfermline away) and is capable of stunning saves, Albiston is more vocal and better at the playing out from the back, both are suspect at crosses, don't command their box all that well and could work on distribution from goal kicks. Personally I think McAdams is the slightly better it's close.

Honestly thought McAdams was easily going to be a top flight keeper after his season at Morton and I was desperate for us to sign him. Seems to have not kicked on from that initial promise.

Both goals looked like a mirror of the two we lost to Queens park last week. 

We started well and could have been a couple up in the first 10 minutes. Hamilton scored the first time they were up the park. 

The game was shite from Hamilton scoring to them scoring again, we barely left our half and started lumping long balls, it was almost inevitable they were going to score. 

After Hamiltons goal we sparked back to life again, a draw was probably fair in the end.

I think we are near the end of the Nick McCallister experiment, thought he was very poor today, Musonda strolled the game. Ashford was very effective today as well. 

Honestly thought McAdams was easily going to be a top flight keeper after his season at Morton and I was desperate for us to sign him. Seems to have not kicked on from that initial promise.

He is genuinely a very good shot stopper and it’s easy why he looked so good in a shite Morton team that relied on him keeping them in games. He did the same for us in a few games. He was outstanding in the win against Killie. On the flip side he has massive faults in his game. He always looked quite wee and this means that he rarely commands his own box. His kicking is atrocious and I’ve never seen a goalie struggle to kick the ball over the half way line as much as him. In my opinion he’ll never play in the top flight and will probably be mid table Championship at most.

Charlie Albinson isn’t a great goalie either but he’s more well rounded and just seems to get through games without any massive howlers or any massive saves. Just pretty steady if unspectacular. Think it’s a position we could definitely upgrade on but isn’t nearly a priority. Maybe next year if neither of them improve much.

We started well and could have been a couple up in the first 10 minutes. Hamilton scored the first time they were up the park. 
The game was shite from Hamilton scoring to them scoring again, we barely left our half and started lumping long balls, it was almost inevitable they were going to score. 
After Hamiltons goal we sparked back to life again, a draw was probably fair in the end.
I think we are near the end of the Nick McCallister experiment, thought he was very poor today, Musonda strolled the game. Ashford was very effective today as well. 

I thought McAllister had a great game. Doesn’t offer much going forward but he’s a steady defender. Doesn’t look great for him with Thomas’ goal last week and Winters goal today but I think over the piece he’s been good. Would be interested to see Frankie at RB and Kirk in next to McGinty. No real need to change the defence about but it’s something to maybe look at.

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Lol what? He’s genuinely been very good every game this season. A far better option than Houston. 

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Lol what? He’s genuinely been very good every game this season. A far better option than Houston. 

That's the problem throughout the squad really, you don't actually have to be good to be here and playing, just a wee bit better than the other shite we have signed in your position :lol:

Don’t want to be harsh, but what is going on with the camera work on the highlights package?  Used to be excellent,  albeit the camera angle was always too low.  Now it doesn’t seem to be tracking the play properly or focusing on the goalmouths - feels like the camera is mounted in the car park at times.  Is the camera work on the stream that bad?