The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Pretty oddball stuff if he's firing out a set list for a squad of players 10 years ago and a cup game we lost against our rivals. As a one off for a family fun day I can stomach it. But, it'll no doubt confuse the weans as they'll never have heard of half the players and some of the parents will have PTSD flash backs. 

If a regular feature then get it in the sea.

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Pretty oddball stuff if he's firing out a set list for a squad of players 10 years ago and a cup game we lost against our rivals. As a one off for a family fun day I can stomach it. But, it'll no doubt confuse the weans as they'll never have heard of half the players and some of the parents will have PTSD flash backs. 

If a regular feature then get it in the sea.

I would think it’s just part of the fun day , 

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

People getting worked up about some songs at a family fun day... 👀

People getting worked up about people getting worked up about some songs at a family fun day... 👀👀

Edited by Trogdor

I didn’t have an issue with the guy first time around. He was a bit cringey but that was it. My issue with him now is that his true colours were shown when he went in the huff after the club didn’t start giving him freebies. He had a huge agenda against the club (and Cameron) after that and if I’m right didn’t go to games for a few years. Club shouldn’t have welcomed him back after all the shite he was spouting.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I didn’t have an issue with the guy first time around. He was a bit cringey but that was it. My issue with him now is that his true colours were shown when he went in the huff after the club didn’t start giving him freebies. He had a huge agenda against the club (and Cameron) after that and if I’m right didn’t go to games for a few years. Club shouldn’t have welcomed him back after all the shite he was spouting.

That's my understanding. He had a grudge against Uncle Ian as well. I'm sure he had pretty much access all areas under Roberts and McCall reversed that. 

I have no doubt he started out with the best intentions and raised a decent amount of money for the club and other good causes. However, his ego expanded to the point where he lost all perspective imo and became a bit of a grifter and attention seeker.

I welcome Boab back on the terraces but please spare my eardrums from his singing.

Thank you.

Edited by Trogdor

Storming into Mark Roberts' office half an hour before kick off to tell him Sky weren't going to show him live on air before the Rangers game will always be a highlight.  

52 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Let’s just say my mate has overheard Somerset Boab this morning rehearsing in his garage… 

In the spirit of Fun Day, lets make a handy list of things that would be better to hear in a garage than Somerset Boab tunes. I'll start:

1. Someone coming in with a chainsaw to hack me to death.

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

In the spirit of Fun Day, lets make a handy list of things that would be better to hear in a garage than Somerset Boab tunes. I'll start:

1. Someone coming in with a chainsaw to hack me to death.

2. Someone plucking my pubes with tweezers.