The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

55 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Big Graham was excellent in the air. Second only to Dixie Ingram of Ayr players I've seen. He did on occasion also score good goals with his feet. One in particular against Forfar, a shot from the left corner of the box, right across the goalie into his top left corner. One of the best goals I've witnessed at Somerset. It was one of those, that if he'd tried it 100 times, he'd have scored once.

I was going to mention it earlier myself, it was about a 25 - 30 yard screamer with his left foot and he immediately turned towards the NT with his arms outstretched in celebration shouting "whit a fcukin goal". It's got to be one of my favourite moments of around that era followed by Kerrigans strike from the edge of the box in the dying minutes against Livi.

Big Ally was great though and a right character as well.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Take it Casper the freindly ghost is still not making his long awaited entrance this week, not the clubs or the boys fault but it's becoming a joke now.

Hope his strip has CASPER on the back rather than BANGALA, that would be top bantz

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

He also scored against St Mirren at the Somerset road end, a header at the far post. He turned to face the support, dropped his shorts and did jazz hands. 

It was reported in the paper he had mooned St Mirren fans. 

I mind that, he got booked for it too. 

Take it Casper the freindly ghost is still not making his long awaited entrance this week, not the clubs or the boys fault but it's becoming a joke now.

Honestly totally forgot about this. Another big build it up to seeing him this week. Proper farce. Not the clubs fault but surely if we knew this we wouldn’t of went ahead with it.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He also scored against St Mirren at the Somerset road end, a header at the far post. He turned to face the support, dropped his shorts and did jazz hands. 

It was reported in the paper he had mooned St Mirren fans. 

That was the game Paul Lambert, Barry Lavety and Chic Charnley were all sent off and some St Mirren fans tried to storm the Main Stand after the game. Apparently they didn't agree with the referee's decisions. If I remember correctly Lambert's tackle snapped Gordon Mair's shinpad, from the resulting free kick Lavety elbowed Mair and later on Charnley spat at Duncan George.

That was the game Paul Lambert, Barry Lavety and Chic Charnley were all sent off and some St Mirren fans tried to storm the Main Stand after the game. Apparently they didn't agree with the referee's decisions. If I remember correctly Lambert's tackle snapped Gordon Mair's shinpad, from the resulting free kick Lavety elbowed Mair and later on Charnley spat at Duncan George.
Should have a had a life time ban for spitting at Duncan George,every team needs a Duncan George.

24 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Either the game before of the game after, Tommy Walker simultaneously kneed Lambert in the face and elbowed him in the back of the head and broke his cheekbone. 

46 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Am I reading the club email right for the game on Saturday? You can buy an adult & child ticket for the Railway End for the fun day stuff but move round to the North Terracing by 2.45 to watch the game from there?

Yes that’s how I read it 

1 hour ago, munro7 said:

Am I reading the club email right for the game on Saturday? You can buy an adult & child ticket for the Railway End for the fun day stuff but move round to the North Terracing by 2.45 to watch the game from there?

Yes , fun day in Railway end 1.30-2.45 then fans can either stay there or move to the part of the ground they wish to watch game from 

17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

No sign of another forward signing yet? f**k sake, this is taking a while. 

It's not looking like there will be anything this week unfortunately.

On the plus side, we don't have any injuries or suspensions (that I'm aware of) and we should have a decent enough starting 11 with a couple of decent bench alternatives for tomorrow anyway.

Even if Bangala arrived today, he wouldn't be match fit and I don't know where he'd play either as Murdoch and Dempsey are doing well enough in the central areas which means we need a bit more attacking width with Ashford, JML and Daire all competing for a couple of places. McAllister has also been pretty good at RB which has turned out to be a big bonus.

The vacant starting spot remains the support striking role which seems to be shared between Bryden and McKenzie just now and while both are trying their best I think we'd all agree that another experienced striker beside Dipo or quality link up man just behind could make a massive difference to our side. 

Bryden runs his heart out and McKenzie proved on Friday night that he's capable of playing a part at this level but it's clear that neither are ready as first team regulars / starters and need to be brought on slowly but surely (preferably in a winning team) to aid their development.

Oh well, here's hoping when the wait is finally over that it will be worth it.....

The meltdown would have been special over the lack of signings if we had continued our league cup form... I’m obviously including my own in this.

Saying that - watching McKenzie start on Saturday and be his usual self will most likely accelerate the annoyance again.