The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, there's now too many different companies all taking "exclusive" content, so in effect you would need about 6 different subscriptions to watch what you actually like.

Sky only has the Golf and English football now which is of interest to myself and I detest all their American Sports, Womens football, Cricket and F1 but as I love Spanish and Italian football plus European games it means I then need a BT Sport and Premier Sports subscription in addition to sky. Over and above this you have a similar situation with TV content with Netflix and Amazon, Paramount+ etc, etc and when all added up becomes crazy money.

As things become much tougher for people, I'd imagine the TV subscriptions will be the first thing to go and the use of illegal streaming will be going right through the roof.

Hell mend them though as their greed will undoubtedly come back to bite them.

IPTV plus the odd Netflix/Prime have kept me going for years. I'll probably never pay for Sky again as i just don't need 95% of their content. 

1 hour ago, ComradeDiego said:

Might have a look at that then if that’s the case.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Test it out on a free stream before you fork out for the Ayr one. I suspect it'll be patchy at best tbh. 

Patchy is being quite generous.

It only works for the most basic of basic geo-locking stuff - Netflix et al can see right through it

19 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Patchy is being quite generous.

It only works for the most basic of basic geo-locking stuff - Netflix et al can see right through it

IPTV the best bet then unless Hesgoal pull it out the bag 

Edited by ComradeDiego

3 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

IPTV the best bet then unless Hesgoal pull it out the bag 

Well the best bet is the club streaming service and VPN, but this is not the cheap way

IPTV I haven't tried, but I imagine there's a subscription fee to pay and you're not guaranteed to get Ayr games? Or you get the shite Pixellot stream?

Hesgoal is a mess of malware and shite, I've tried it once and I'd rather not watch the game than go thru that nonsense and is it not pixellot too?

33 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Well the best bet is the club streaming service and VPN, but this is not the cheap way

IPTV I haven't tried, but I imagine there's a subscription fee to pay and you're not guaranteed to get Ayr games? Or you get the shite Pixellot stream?

Hesgoal is a mess of malware and shite, I've tried it once and I'd rather not watch the game than go thru that nonsense and is it not pixellot too?

The iptv that I have got is decent it seems to have most things that I need. It didn’t have the league cup games but has had every league game so far 

IPTV you're looking at a Firestick or equivalent and then £40-70 a year depending on what service you use. If you watch a couple of PPV events then it pays for itself and everything else is a bonus. The Ayr games are without commentary but the camera work is definitely better than the early Pixelot days. 

6 hours ago, Nelson said:

This just isn’t true anymore, given how super easy it is to illegally stream games.  If you want to watch a 3pm game live, you can either watch it on streaming website like hesgoal or viprow or go down the road of a VPN.  

This all reminds me of the music industry trying to stop Napster.  In the end they accepted the genie was out of the bottle and offered legitimate streaming like Spotify.  But as with everything else, Scottish football will hide in the dark ages.  All they are doing is denying themselves potential revenue from people like myself who are never going to do an 8 hour round trip to Inverness or folk who are elderly/infirm who would love to watch their team in the house.

The rule isn't so much about clubs at our level streaming matches, it's there to prevent TV companies broadcasting games at 3pm. It existed long before streaming was a thing. It may change in the future, who knows? 

Spotify probably isn't the best example as artists receive a miniscule amount per stream. A song has to to streamed an awful lot for a reasonable amount to be made.

31 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Spotify probably isn't the best example as artists receive a miniscule amount per stream. A song has to to streamed an awful lot for a reasonable amount to be made.

And Spotify came out probably 15 years after Napster got shut down :lol:

That brings back memories though...Winmx, Morpheus, eDonkey2k, Gnutella, Kazaa, SoulSeek....top bantz

8 hours ago, mugen_power said:

And Spotify came out probably 15 years after Napster got shut down :lol:

That brings back memories though...Winmx, Morpheus, eDonkey2k, Gnutella, Kazaa, SoulSeek....top bantz

WinAmp! It really kicks the llamas ass.