The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, bazka6 said:

Was all for buying a streaming season but was put off by the price. I know it’s about a tenner a game but the streaming seems expensive as a lump sum. It’s less games but I can go to watch Perth Glory for the same all season (355AUD)

The A-League is awful though. Brisbane Roar could be playing in my back garden and I wouldn’t watch them.

Been to 1 A-League game and that was enough…

32 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I'm sure you will know this, but every member association has the option to enforce the rule. Only the SFA and FA opt to do so. I have no problem with that. Clubs at our level and below would suffer if certain fixtures were broadcast live at 3pm on a Saturday.

They didn't suffer last year when it was allowed. 

19 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

The quick answer the question of good free VPNs is that there aren't any. Nord, VPN Express and Surfshark are usually considered the best ones. 

Used to be able to flip between free trials of good ones (although you still need to put in credit card details and remember to cancel before the end of the trial period).

MyExpatShield had a 3 month trial at one point and it worked for BBC iPlayer, which I gather is a problem for a few VPNs, but naturally not an issue for most people on here who can get BBCs SPFL Coverage by flipping to channels 101 or 108 (or 9 if you like it in teuchter talk)

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

The A-League is awful though. Brisbane Roar could be playing in my back garden and I wouldn’t watch them.

Been to 1 A-League game and that was enough…

Speaking of Australian football, I see we've been marked safe from Griffiths as he's signed for an Australian juniors side or something. Screams of their version of the WoS league. 

Edited by Hawk89
Googled Mandurah City and found out they were in the West not East!

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

I'm sure you will know this, but every member association has the option to enforce the rule. Only the SFA and FA opt to do so. I have no problem with that. Clubs at our level and below would suffer if certain fixtures were broadcast live at 3pm on a Saturday.

This just isn’t true anymore, given how super easy it is to illegally stream games.  If you want to watch a 3pm game live, you can either watch it on streaming website like hesgoal or viprow or go down the road of a VPN.  

This all reminds me of the music industry trying to stop Napster.  In the end they accepted the genie was out of the bottle and offered legitimate streaming like Spotify.  But as with everything else, Scottish football will hide in the dark ages.  All they are doing is denying themselves potential revenue from people like myself who are never going to do an 8 hour round trip to Inverness or folk who are elderly/infirm who would love to watch their team in the house.

14 minutes ago, Nelson said:

This just isn’t true anymore, given how super easy it is to illegally stream games.  If you want to watch a 3pm game live, you can either watch it on streaming website like hesgoal or viprow or go down the road of a VPN.  

This all reminds me of the music industry trying to stop Napster.  In the end they accepted the genie was out of the bottle and offered legitimate streaming like Spotify.  But as with everything else, Scottish football will hide in the dark ages.  All they are doing is denying themselves potential revenue from people like myself who are never going to do an 8 hour round trip to Inverness or folk who are elderly/infirm who would love to watch their team in the house.

Most people I know now have a firestick for IPTV which has a "Scottish Football zone" so again just so simple to stream illegally and who can blame them when Sky and virgin are looking for £150+ per month for TV content, most of which is utter dross in the first place !!

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Most people I know now have a firestick for IPTV which has a "Scottish Football zone" so again just so simple to stream illegally and who can blame them when Sky and virgin are looking for £150+ per month for TV content, most of which is utter dross in the first place !!

We're at the point of completely binning our TV package and going with a broadband only deal. Genuinely can't tell you the last thing we watched on Live TV or even recorded on our Virgin box. An SPFL streaming service would be absolutely up my street, already have NFL gamepass. Something similar even on a scaled down size would be excellent. NFL is 24/7 but, even 2 or 3 programmes during the week and a couple of roundup/highlight shows as well as getting access to games would be superb. 

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That’s the thing for me - i couldn’t go to the Queens Park game as I didn’t finish work until 7 and didn’t fancy travelling up from Ayr on a Friday night anyway.  But if they’d offered a reliable and legal stream for a tenner with decent commentary and graphics (Morton and Arbroath proved last season that it’s possible), I would have bought it no issue. But instead….

25 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That’s the thing for me - i couldn’t go to the Queens Park game as I didn’t finish work until 7 and didn’t fancy travelling up from Ayr on a Friday night anyway.  But if they’d offered a reliable and legal stream for a tenner with decent commentary and graphics (Morton and Arbroath proved last season that it’s possible), I would have bought it no issue. But instead….

Given they aren't doing it to encourage folk to attend, if we ever do get ppv back it'll be (adult) entry price.  

55 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

We're at the point of completely binning our TV package and going with a broadband only deal. Genuinely can't tell you the last thing we watched on Live TV or even recorded on our Virgin box. An SPFL streaming service would be absolutely up my street, already have NFL gamepass. Something similar even on a scaled down size would be excellent. NFL is 24/7 but, even 2 or 3 programmes during the week and a couple of roundup/highlight shows as well as getting access to games would be superb. 

At least in the UK, the freeview/OTA stuff is pretty decent and has a good selection

I "cut the cable" in 2019 and have only had broadband package since then...can't say I've been unhappy other than the fact there's only 5 channels available on the aerial and its basically equivalent to BBC1, ITV, C4, UKTV Gold and some foreign language channel :lol:

I have the NHL Live app that I split with 2 mates so works out to $60/season and only games that are blocked are Calgary games broadcast on Sportsnet (but I don't care since I'm not a Calgary fan, and when the Bruins are in Calgary I go to the game) and the TSNGO app for other sports (tennis, la liga, CFL and some NFL/MLB on there)

The thing with a Scottish Football streaming service is that it would need to provide good value, and I can't see people paying the equivalent of a season ticket for it either

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Yes, there's now too many different companies all taking "exclusive" content, so in effect you would need about 6 different subscriptions to watch what you actually like.

Sky only has the Golf and English football now which is of interest to myself and I detest all their American Sports, Womens football, Cricket and F1 but as I love Spanish and Italian football plus European games it means I then need a BT Sport and Premier Sports subscription in addition to sky. Over and above this you have a similar situation with TV content with Netflix and Amazon, Paramount+ etc, etc and when all added up becomes crazy money.

As things become much tougher for people, I'd imagine the TV subscriptions will be the first thing to go and the use of illegal streaming will be going right through the roof.

Hell mend them though as their greed will undoubtedly come back to bite them.

6 hours ago, Marc1910 said:

Isn't free but Nord VPN is seemingly most reliable - I have the option to buy the subscription but at £200 I am wary in case it doesn't work 😂

I got NordVPN for about 4 years for cheaper than that. It is very good.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I got NordVPN for about 4 years for cheaper than that. It is very good.

Apologies the £200 was the price of the subscription for Ayr United home matches, I worded it poorly however.

My Nord was £50 for the year I think.