The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Hope he goes onto be a star , I was part of his coaching team when he played for his school team and won the Wellington trophy in his last season at Doonfoot Primary , ( I want some of the credit 😁😁)

Credit given 😁 hope we nurture him for a bit longer, but these big clubs look upon it as a small gamble to be paid, let's keep him for longer though coz I've only heard great reports about him, seems to have all the attributes and thankfully the club are more geared up for developing and keeping their own talent, but I wouldn't be surprised. 

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

I had a dream last night we signed Stephen Kelly for an undisclosed fee from Rangers on a 3 year deal 😂 scenes btw if that actually happened

Hate the idea of giving that lot anything other than the middle finger.

Would be great to see Kelly back, though feel he's already proved better than this level.

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Hate the idea of giving that lot anything other than the middle finger.

Would be great to see Kelly back, though feel he's already proved better than this level.

Come in and single handedly get a team promoted, could be good for the CV :lol:

5 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Re the streaming update from the club, anyone know of a decent free VPN??

Isn't free but Nord VPN is seemingly most reliable - I have the option to buy the subscription but at £200 I am wary in case it doesn't work 😂

2 minutes ago, Marc1910 said:

Isn't free but Nord VPN is seemingly most reliable - I have the option to buy the subscription but at £200 I am wary in case it doesn't work 😂

I use surfshack and got a special offer in November last year , £49 for 2 years , still think it’s available at a decent price and I have had no issues with it 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

I use surfshack and got a special offer in November last year , £49 for 2 years , still think it’s available at a decent price and I have had no issues with it 

My concern is I am buying this subscription from "New York" but paying for it from a bank on Ayr High Street and it gets rumbled.

It is for my Dad who can't physically attend any more and one blessing from Covid was allowing him to see his team again, do you think the club would turn a blind eye if folk do this as it will benefit them also in extra 'season ticket' type sales?

It’s a bit of a shambles that they ended it before they had a subscription service set up.

Clubs would, I assume be making money off of it, if there is a deal to be done with a broadcaster to allow clubs to steam games then the SPFL should have that concluded before now.

People will find dodgy streams or the live betting feeds and no one will get money, I dare say the problem is that the SPFL or someone else wants a slice and they want to make sure they get it even if clubs suffer. 

Holy shamoly, Leigh this is a mistake. Assumed when Australia was mentioned it was the ALeague not a state league, Mandurah is to Perth what Ayr is to Glasgow, this is like signing for Troon, wow. Career over.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/leigh-griffiths-join-mandurah-city-27693769.amp

Edited by bazka6

1 minute ago, bazka6 said:

Holy shamoly, Leigh this is a mistake. Assumed when Australia was mentioned it was the ALeague not a state league, Mandurah is to Perth what Ayr is to Glasgow, wow. Career over.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/leigh-griffiths-join-mandurah-city-27693769.amp

His career has been finished for a while now.

Absolute walloper of a boy. 

Was all for buying a streaming season but was put off by the price. I know it’s about a tenner a game but the streaming seems expensive as a lump sum. It’s less games but I can go to watch Perth Glory for the same all season (355AUD)

21 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

His career has been finished for a while now.

Absolute walloper of a boy. 

Only two games left of the state league here, maybe there’s another move in it when the ALeague starts in October.

37 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s a bit of a shambles that they ended it before they had a subscription service set up.

Clubs would, I assume be making money off of it, if there is a deal to be done with a broadcaster to allow clubs to steam games then the SPFL should have that concluded before now.

People will find dodgy streams or the live betting feeds and no one will get money, I dare say the problem is that the SPFL or someone else wants a slice and they want to make sure they get it even if clubs suffer. 

It's a UEFA rule which was suspended during the pandemic. It is now being enforced again. 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/blocked-broadcasting-hours/

Edited by RedEd

52 minutes ago, Marc1910 said:

My concern is I am buying this subscription from "New York" but paying for it from a bank on Ayr High Street and it gets rumbled.

It is for my Dad who can't physically attend any more and one blessing from Covid was allowing him to see his team again, do you think the club would turn a blind eye if folk do this as it will benefit them also in extra 'season ticket' type sales?

They aren't checking all the sort codes. Fire on. 

15 minutes ago, RedEd said:

It's a UEFA rule which was suspended during the pandemic. It is now being enforced again. 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/blocked-broadcasting-hours/

Bloody UEFA forcing only Scotland and England to not broadcast matches live during certain times.  

20 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Someone on here, maybe Robby or Skyline, Said that the league were in talks with a service provider that would offer a subscription service to all games.

The genie is out the bottle with Pixelot, folk can scam that for free so clubs will miss out on revenue until they can offer something. 

1 hour ago, Marc1910 said:

It's not against the rules to buy the subscription from anywhere you like, it's just the club are not allowed to stream it to the UK at those hours

The club don't know/care if you're using a VPN to access

I still have a UK bank account and could use it to buy a streaming season ticket from Ayr United if I wanted to 

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Bloody UEFA forcing only Scotland and England to not broadcast matches live during certain times.  

I'm sure you will know this, but every member association has the option to enforce the rule. Only the SFA and FA opt to do so. I have no problem with that. Clubs at our level and below would suffer if certain fixtures were broadcast live at 3pm on a Saturday.

Edited by RedEd