The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The 2 year contract is already looking like a great bit of business.....

I would be looking at extending that deal sooner rather than later . On Dipo though , he does appear to be more effective with a partner . So I’d be keeping it simple in a 442 for the next two or three games . However the arrival of the ghost might offer something different in therms of formation and shape .

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Suncream at the ready for Saturday by the looks of it, hopefully break the 2k mark on the back of Friday night.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll get the factor 50 in the car just in case. Otherwise I'll look like this...

Season 10 Episode 3 GIF by Friends

7 minutes ago, North British said:

I would be looking at extending that deal sooner rather than later . On Dipo though , he does appear to be more effective with a partner . So I’d be keeping it simple in a 442 for the next two or three games . However the arrival of the ghost might offer something different in therms of formation and shape .

It's a shame Adeloye did not stay. I think him and Dipo would have been good together.

We need another striker and an attacking midfielder.

On 06/08/2022 at 11:43, motley123rock said:

I was there and would disagree with his thoughts on Ashford. 

I would also disagree with bullens thought on ashford. He’s pretty much done nothing since he scored on his debut against accies. He very rarely jumps for the ball and spends most of his time rolling on the ground. But he runs about a lot so that’s why he starts. Credits to Musonda he had a very good game as did Macalister 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

He has been much improved to be fair to the beautiful big b*****d.

Mcginty had an alright game and a cracking goal but does it not frustrate you how 9/10 times when he gets the ball it’s just booted straight up top. 

29 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

Mcginty had an alright game and a cracking goal but does it not frustrate you how 9/10 times when he gets the ball it’s just booted straight up top. 

With Frankie alongside him it's not as frustrating. Last season both of our centre halves would launch it the way they were facing. McGinty just needs to get into the habit of giving it to Musonda to distribute. Big Sean also occasionally goes on a mazy run which I'm all for. 

I used to hate the guy but he's been a lot better this calendar year. 

1 hour ago, Rossco500 said:

I would also disagree with bullens thought on ashford. He’s pretty much done nothing since he scored on his debut against accies. He very rarely jumps for the ball and spends most of his time rolling on the ground. But he runs about a lot so that’s why he starts. Credits to Musonda he had a very good game as did Macalister 

Ashford does lots of good work off the ball and his movement also pulls players away from others in the team.

He was actually very unlucky not to score on Friday when he had an excellent turn and shot from the edge of the box in the second half. 

He was also up supporting Bryden when he blazed over in the first and had Bryden slipped the ball across then Ashford would have had a tap in.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

With Frankie alongside him it's not as frustrating. Last season both of our centre halves would launch it the way they were facing. McGinty just needs to get into the habit of giving it to Musonda to distribute. Big Sean also occasionally goes on a mazy run which I'm all for. 

I used to hate the guy but he's been a lot better this calendar year. 

I remember saying on here after McGinty had a year extension put on his contract that I was really concerned about the prospect of him being our starting centre half this season. Think I remarked that because of the guys character I didn't mind him being around too much but felt we were going to need better options. 

I'm glad that so far (on the back of the last few months of last season and so far this season) he has really proved me wrong. Have grown to quite like him and was delighted for him getting the goal on Friday night. Long it may it continue. Must be said that the comfort I have with him starting is helped significantly by Musonda being next to him. Frankie is a baller.

4 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Dylan Tait not in squad at Hibs, would be perfect for our midfield runner, come on Mr Mathie make it happen with your Hibs contacts or Scott Allen free agent and commentating today.

Both would be great additions to this Ayr squad, though I'd also like a look at Bangala in midfield. I'd guess that Allen would take some wage 🤔

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

A glorious day at Somerset on Saturday or a win.

You can't have both.

Unless it's a pre-season against a Champions League-bound Motherwell.

[edit] or a League Cup pre-season against The Blighted East.

Edited by Thumper

Controversial but as good as Alan is bringing him at this stage would be quite a risk, no pre season with his injury history I'd be scared he'd pick up an injury and and we would have spunked a massive part of our budget, the dream is Kelly if we can't get him I'd be happy seeing Cammy Smith come back but can't see The chairman sanctioning that deal. Up front Matej Poplatnik seams the most realistic but an out of the box signing would be Dapo Mebude on loan from wolves.

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Controversial but as good as Alan is bringing him at this stage would be quite a risk, no pre season with his injury history I'd be scared he'd pick up an injury and and we would have spunked a massive part of our budget, the dream is Kelly if we can't get him I'd be happy seeing Cammy Smith come back but can't see The chairman sanctioning that deal. Up front Matej Poplatnik seams the most realistic but an out of the box signing would be Dapo Mebude on loan from wolves.

Think your right on Scott Alan , I think these kind of signings may come in good time , maybe after the North Bank is finished . On Cammy Smith , think David Smith was putting the deal together for Cammy to return and Hopkins blew a fuse . so the boy thought better not sign if the manager didn’t fancy it . So Smith might be open to it if Cammy is available and Bully rates him . All guess work but they are definitely doing their due diligence on somebody ..

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

I remember saying on here after McGinty had a year extension put on his contract that I was really concerned about the prospect of him being our starting centre half this season. Think I remarked that because of the guys character I didn't mind him being around too much but felt we were going to need better options. 

I'm glad that so far (on the back of the last few months of last season and so far this season) he has really proved me wrong. Have grown to quite like him and was delighted for him getting the goal on Friday night. Long it may it continue. Must be said that the comfort I have with him starting is helped significantly by Musonda being next to him. Frankie is a baller.

To think people were wanting Baird to play ahead of him last season. Shows what we know about team selection sometimes.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

To think people were wanting Baird to play ahead of him last season. Shows what we know about team selection sometimes.

I'm still amazed that Morton signed Baird in the summer after the abysmal season he had with us last year.

Think your right on Scott Alan , I think these kind of signings may come in good time , maybe after the North Bank is finished . On Cammy Smith , think David Smith was putting the deal together for Cammy to return and Hopkins blew a fuse . so the boy thought better not sign if the manager didn’t fancy it . So Smith might be open to it if Cammy is available and Bully rates him . All guess work but they are definitely doing their due diligence on somebody ..
Thought Dave Smith put a tweet out at the time alluding to Cammy going back on his word makes more sense because he was never going to fit the system Hopkin was playing.

34 minutes ago, North British said:

I think Dave smith expected cammy to re-sign when he came back from the states but when he fucked off to Patrick he burnt his bridges

15 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I think Dave smith expected cammy to re-sign when he came back from the states but when he fucked off to Patrick he burnt his bridges

Yeah, that was my recollection. He certainly retweeted a tweet suggesting as much. I recall it more as the moral arbiter who supports Thistle was here giving us a lecture as the retweeted tweet had some sort of slur in it.