The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Absolutely slating the manager and players is a lazy approach, and adds nothing.

The staff and the players don't look here (except at @itzdrk's posts obviously) so it is irrelevant if feedback here is constructive or not. It is however cathartic.

This weekend has been a good one for Ayr fans. Even the doomers have a spring in their steps. Unsure why anyone is choosing to demand genuflection at this point for having managed to win a game at Ochilview against a team whose most recent foray to the lofty heights of the Scottish second tier was forty fucking years ago.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The staff and the players don't look here (except at @itzdrk's posts obviously) so it is irrelevant if feedback here is constructive or not. It is however cathartic.

This weekend has been a good one for Ayr fans. Even the doomers have a spring in their steps. Unsure why anyone is choosing to demand genuflection at this point for having managed to win a game at Ochilview against a team whose most recent foray to the lofty heights of the Scottish second tier was forty fucking years ago.

Tbf the post was specifically passed on by some oddity.  

Tbf the post was specifically passed on by some oddity.  

Fucking whit. I must’ve missed that at the time but that’s total loser behaviour. I probably disagreed with you (as per usual) but what’s the point in grassing a singular fan in to club officials. I presumed Smith just came across the post.

On a larger point, it should go without saying but fans are entitled to their opinion. I don’t agree with around 70% of what is posted on here and Twitter fwiw but if it wasn’t posted the whole forum would be very pointless as it would just be me and about three others sitting around singing Kumbaya. Constructive stuff is good and healthy but there’s loads of stuff posted that sometimes barely makes sense. I said last night but I think the lad Glendinning gets it really tight for stuff that isn’t even his remit. Folk can be unhappy with the recruitment but it’s not been as bad as last season. Last season was a lazy shambles due to the fact that Smith was so unbelievably out his depth and Hopkin took full advantage by doing things at a ridiculously slow pace. This summer we’ve got guys who obviously want what’s best for the club and have taken a more professional approach. We’re obviously lacking in a couple of areas but that’s by the by of recruitment at this level. You’re always going to be going into the last few weeks of the window needing a couple of quality additions.

In short, fans can be raging at things going wrong but there’s been literally hunners of hyperbolic and reactionary stuff posted on here that hasn’t been warranted imo. I think the vast majority have admitted that the second half last night proved them wrong and the players redeemed themselves a bit.

Genuflection is a belter of a word btw. I had to google it.

FWIW - this is a football forum and diversity of opinion should be encouraged. It would be pretty boring otherwise as D'Jaffo said. I really can't abide the 'I'm a better fan than you' nonsense which seems to be creeping in, it is divisive and doesn't help us be 'united'.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion which is open to challenge. That's how it should be if you ask me. 

No fan is better than an other unless your a DKB, lots of us will have different opinions on things from how the club is run, tactics, players, politics you name it but the one thing that brings us together is our love for this football club we all know it's not easy supporting a club like ours but if you want to support a team that wins most weeks away and support the ugly sisters up the M77, results like Friday night are what we live for as an Ayr fan let's hope we have more over the next few weeks and months.

Sure, but the lack of perspective does sometimes get wearing. Most fans just have a visceral reaction to the last couple of results, but that's football for you.

It's supposed to be an escape from the hum-drum every day, where you can shout and sing and cheer in public and nobody thinks you're a nutter.

The fact that some of those at the games are nutters you just have to accept. 

Hopefully visceral is another belter... 😉

3 hours ago, AuAl said:

That is pathetic behaviour

Go on itzdrk, who was it?

tenor.0.gif

Not a clue.  Pure oddball behaviour to go running to the chairman but, what's he gonna do :lol:

24 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Shankland and Forrest up front for Hearts.  What could of been…

It makes me sick that the best Ayr team I have seen in my time as a supporter was picked apart and we got absolutely f**k all in return.

I know it happens everywhere when players are out of contract, but still.

15 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Remember last season and all the flak about McGinty playing as our first choice centre back. Now he’s first name on the team sheet 😂

Playing beside a guy like Frankie , who can really play, must have helped a bit . Also the stability of the club and maybe a manager who can man manage . 

6 minutes ago, North British said:

Playing beside a guy like Frankie , who can really play, must have helped a bit . Also the stability of the club and maybe a manager who can man manage . 

Maybe we're seeing a glimpse of the £1 Million man !!

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned but Dipo is quite clearly naturally 2 footed which in itself is extremely rare nowadays.

His 1st goal and then an excellent strike which the keeper saved at the near post were both on his left foot but the penalty was hit with his right foot, I'm thinking that with a wee bit of confidence behind him and some decent service he could go on and score us a barrel load.

Very early days but his work rate off the ball and tireless running and tracking back tells you that we've got a real player as he'll play his part even in the games where he doesn't find the net.

The 2 year contract is already looking like a great bit of business.....