The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Tonight was so strange I’m not even going to take anything away from it. Relegation pish in the first half to a team playing for their jobs in the second. Hard to actually decipher anything from a game like that. Just enjoying the moment and the celebrations at the end.

Ashford and Bryden should probably take a turn on the bench after that however. Ashford still contributed nothing in that second half for me despite the teams performance. 

Who would you play instead of Ashford ?

Just now, motley123rock said:

Who would you play instead of Ashford ?

My brain hasn’t made it to that point yet. Just don’t think he has the positional sense to be a long term option out there. O’Connor’s had some poor games in an Ayr shirt before but you can see that he knows where to play. 

8 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

My brain hasn’t made it to that point yet. Just don’t think he has the positional sense to be a long term option out there. O’Connor’s had some poor games in an Ayr shirt before but you can see that he knows where to play. 

As someone said earlier let’s hope we pick a team next week to win the game rather than , “ they all played well in the second half they start. “ 

Edited by motley123rock

7 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

As someone said earlier let’s hope we pick a team next week to win the game rather than , “ they all played well in the second half they start. “ 

Yes and I agree to an extent but Ashford hasn’t played well all season yet.

I honestly think that 2nd half performance was 50% professional pride and 50% self preservation because the atmosphere was getting pretty toxic.  Hopefully a turning point, particularly for Bullen who desperately needed a result from somewhere.  We absolutely need someone to play alongside Dipo though.

Yes and I agree to an extent but Ashford hasn’t played well all season yet.

I thought Ashford had a good game against Arbroath.

We’re never going to go with two strikers and two wingers all at the same time. Ashford is clumsy going forward imo but does offer a bit more protection. I think having O’Connor in there would leave us far too exposed. I’d like to see Mitchell-Lawson and O’Connor either side of Dipo with Murdoch, Dempsey and maybe Smith behind them. You’d ideally want a more creative midfielder to come in to swap with Smith but that’s all we have right now.

The epitome of Jekyll and Hyde tonight.  First half was utterly woeful and relegation worthy. Didn't think we managed to string two passes together and gave away two soft goals (a front post corner then not getting a tackle in with 4 players around the QP player).

Second half was a total turnaround, we seemed to be a touch quicker and more urgent.  McKenzie did well when he came on, won a lot of headers and flick-ons and could've had a goal himself. Still not entirely sure what his position actually is but he worked hard and made a nuisance of himself. 

O'Connor also made a big impact, and I really like him as a player. He looks to go forward and is capable of some really nice play and touches. Was good to see him cutting into the box more and getting some more shots off.  If he can work on his end product a bit more then I think he'll be able to contribute plenty to the team.

Delighted for Dipo; he needed those goals tonight and the celebration after his first showed that. Hopefully he can start to add a few more in the next few weeks.

Big McGinty leading the full time celebrations was joyous too, and what a header!

We are still obviously in need of another striker and something creative in midfield, as if we turn in another first half performance like that we'll be dead and buried by half time but at least we know the players, whatever their limitations, aren't gutless shitebags.

What a game of football . Queens walked through our midfield for the first half unchallenged. Simon Murray was giving us huge problems with his movement . Lost two very bad goals . You seldom get it all your own way in football matches and it’s very possible all of the above was just down to Queens playing well .  Second half our midfield came to the party , superb tempo and aggression . Turned it round in some style . Dipo will surely play with out pressure moving forward , Bangala hopefully will stiffen up the midfield when he gets here. . So it’s on to Accies next week , let’s have it .

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

Name another fanbase in this division who would have the gumption to do a pitch invasion on matchday 2, honestly.

Last minute winners do that sort of thing .some comeback. 

Oh and I'm pretty sure the currant buns would have been on aswell.

Still absolutely buzzing after that last night. There’s no getting away from how bad that first half was but I’d rather bask in the feeling of the second half and result.

McGinty’s post match celebration though…..😍

As a fan, there’s no better feeling than seeing a reaction like that from your player. Captain fantastic, and fair play to him because he’s worked his arse off in 2022, and proven himself worthy to lead the team. Love the big b*****d!

So chuffed for Dipo, the goals were coming and I believe he will be a great signing for us.

Pleased for Bullen as well. He is a guy you just really want to do well and he needed that last night. Hopefully we can kick on now.

Edited by AnHonestMan

After the euphoria of last night, it’s important to realise we are still short of a few players. I know he played well and helped change the game but Mark MacKenzie as our centre forward will not work constantly. We really need a partner for Dipo and some more depth to the midfield 

46 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

After the euphoria of last night, it’s important to realise we are still short of a few players. I know he played well and helped change the game but Mark MacKenzie as our centre forward will not work constantly. We really need a partner for Dipo and some more depth to the midfield 

This - I don’t care how well he did in the second half tonight, he plays like that around one in twenty games. He absolutely can’t start next week, but with Bullen I imagine he will. Fantastic result in the end, but our recruitment needs sorted this coming week.