The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr have a decent result > following week, same team because it will surely work 2 weeks in a row regardless of the opposition. 

Same happened today, totally ill prepared to face Queens Park, they were pedestrian and didn't look a good team but strolled the first half without breaking a sweat. 

Second half, Bullen decides to play O'Conner who he just doesn't seen to like despite him being one of the only forward motivated players we have and brings on McKenzie, a player so far out the picture he must have thought his time was up. He obviously had a point to prove tonight. The two of them made us play with a higher tempo and  we got at Queens park in the second half and it paid off. 

Next week, we will start with O'Conner and McKenzie because that worked this week, It won't work next week and we will drop points. We are so predictable it is unreal. There will be noises from the post match interview about character and belief and hard work etc but we need to be better week after week and not pretending we are moving forward when we are in fact marking time. 

I should be pleased we won via a late penalty after being 2-0 down but the first half was so bad it made me angry and we have performances like that once a month. 

There are plenty of positives to take out of tonight, we appear to have hit decent corners for the first time this season, Dipo scored and converted a penalty and will hopefully relax in front of goal now. We were also as bad as we have been, gifted goals and looked soft as puppy shite in the first half. 

I find myself agreeing with pretty much all of this, we just cannot continue to start games in such a lackadaisical fashion. We were as poor as I have seen in that first half, absolutely appalling. Bullen obviously fired a rocket up their arses for the second half and we looked a lot better - more of that please Mr Bullen. 

22 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

A few slices of humble pie needed here.

Being a total doomer and getting proved wrong is much more fun than being a happy clapper and being proved wrong tbh.

f**k getting a new striker in, maybe just get someone to print labels saying "left" and "right" on everyone's boots and that'll do the trick.

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

Hope all the half time posters are totally embarrassed with there comments, the game is played for 90 minutes not 45 and we’ll done to big Akinyemi guys gonna blow Adeloye out the window.

To ignore the first half is to ignore the last 6 months, we know we are capable of that performance...a lot and it wasn't a surprise. The surprise was that we made a come back, normally when we shit the bed we like to roll in it, like the Queen of the South game. 

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Being a total doomer and getting proved wrong is much more fun than being a happy clapper and being proved wrong tbh.

f**k getting a new striker in, maybe just get someone to print labels saying "left" and "right" on everyone's boots and that'll do the trick.

Folk just love to overreact. 

We're not a good team, obviously. We need a couple of players in, obviously. 

But keep the fucking heid and support the team. 

Bryden, McKenzie, O'Connor etc are not regular match winners but they can play and they're clearly giving their all. They'll have shite games and we'll lose plenty this season. 

But constant bitching and moaning brings nothing positive to the table. 

That result has put a smile on my face and it will continue to do so all weekend. That's what football is about.

Come on Ayr!

I really hope this can be a turning point for us, say what you like and it becomes a bit if a parody with the character thing but it's about the only thing we had going for us last season, there is the nucleus of decent team there, we saw it against killie away, Raith away and Thistle at home, do we need a couple of more players 100%, do I still think Bullen needs an experienced right hand man to help him yes but I think we are still on the right path, Bullen has his faults but he's no Hopkin or Duffy.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But constant bitching and moaning brings nothing positive to the table. 

REVEALED: Super Lee Bullen's Half-Time Team Talk Inspired By Quotes From Scottish Football Forum. Only In Tomorrow's Daily Record.

Either an inspired half time talk or astute subs, bit of both?, Bullen does deserve credit for turning it around so credit where it's due.

Needed something like that to rouse the fans, pity it just didn't happen a bit sooner.

Onward and upwards hopefully, eh?

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Either an inspired half time talk or astute subs, bit of both?, Bullen does deserve credit for turning it around so credit where it's due.

Needed something like that to rouse the fans, pity it just didn't happen a bit sooner.

Onward and upwards hopefully, eh?

On Saturday there was no atmosphere at the Arbroath game, the crowd need to lift the team but sometimes the team need to lift the crowd and I don't think anyone expected us to score on Saturday. 

There will hopefully be a bit more expectation next Saturday and a better atmosphere. 

34 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Adeloye only got 11 league goals last season

Yeah 😊 He had 14 in total in all competitions. I'd love to think Dipo would do better than the 11 Adeloye scored in the league, he was awesome tonight. Hoping this is the start of a run of goals for him 🤞

“Never get too down about the defeats and never get too carried away about the wins”

Aye right - what a comeback - glorious stoppage time penalty winner in front of the away support - ye cannae beat it!!!

That”s your Scottish Championship right there in those 95 mins

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

On Saturday there was no atmosphere at the Arbroath game, the crowd need to lift the team but sometimes the team need to lift the crowd and I don't think anyone expected us to score on Saturday. 

There will hopefully be a bit more expectation next Saturday and a better atmosphere. 

I thought the atmosphere on Saturday against Arbroath was okay considering our League Cup results. When the team got forward in the second half we backed them.

Really looking forward to Accies at home next week now, and hopefully a similar crowd if not more than last week.

Great second half, think we won every second ball.

Considering the first half was entirely in keeping with the pattern we’ve seen under Bullen up until now, bitching about things at half time was completely rational. But I suppose the better fans won’t pass up the opportunity to get one over us negative nellies!

The half time subs made all the difference. McKenzie was a wrecking ball and O’Connor was brilliant. Great to see Dipo scoring a couple. Glad we have a penalty taker after Muirhead left. In fairness, Queens Park started really well. Murray is very dangerous. All credit to Ayr players and management for a great turnaround. I wonder how the fans who left at 2-0 down feel now? Great atmosphere in the second half.

Yeah there’s no ignoring how poor that first half was. Zero creativity or intensity in our play.

I don’t even think the half time changes were the reason for us winning. We just decided to actually turn up as a team and played with a 100x more intensity and made Queens Park look very poor. I don’t think they’re necessarily a great time. They’ve got good footballers going forward but looked very soft in that second half.

I’m not really sure what I’d do for next week. A lot will depend of any transfer activity.

Tonight was so strange I’m not even going to take anything away from it. Relegation pish in the first half to a team playing for their jobs in the second. Hard to actually decipher anything from a game like that. Just enjoying the moment and the celebrations at the end.

Ashford and Bryden should probably take a turn on the bench after that however. Ashford still contributed nothing in that second half for me despite the teams performance.