The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Could be down to injuries and due to 18s also playing a league match tonight , that cuts down the numbers on the bench by 2/3 players 

According to preview only Bangala is unavailable. 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t think we are , just know he is included in tonight squad for the first time , and as posted the 18s have a league match tonight which takes 2/3 out the squad , just with him being a sub , could he make an appearance 

Hopefully not to be honest. It would literally take Dipo, Ashford and Bryden to be injured for Moffat to be playing imo. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to preview only Bangala is unavailable. 

There are 3 players away at the under 18 game , have not seen us before saying that one of the youngsters is not available 

The north terrace and the pub getting prioritised above the first team is one thing. The 18s getting prioritised is another. Is Bullen aware that the season has actually started and that they're handing out points now?

9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The north terrace and the pub getting prioritised above the first team is one thing. The 18s getting prioritised is another. Is Bullen aware that the season has actually started and that they're handing out points now?

Can you tell me if Viviani or Guthrie would have got on the pitch tonight , surely playing in league game for your age group is more important than sitting on a bench when a vastly experienced pro could take your place on the bench 

Hopefully we'll score 6 or 7 tonight and then we'll not need to worry about signing any strikers or attacking Midfielders, if however we draw another blank and end up taking zero points, then I think the pressure will only intensify to get someone in pretty quick and rightly so !!!

1 minute ago, ecocme said:

Surely the first team squad trumps the under 18s?

To sit on the bench  making up the numbers with practically no chance of getting on , and one of the most experienced guys taking their place 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

To sit on the bench  making up the numbers with practically no chance of getting on , and one of the most experienced guys taking their place 

Yeah I still think so. You never know they may need to come on and first team should come first imo. That said I thought you meant we’d be short on the bench tonight rather than just a swap in for Moff. I do think it’s worth having his experience on the bench while the squad is a little short of our final numbers. 

I’d probably play Moffat as well tbh. I’m not sure how folk can say he’s “done” when he’s not had a bad game for fucking years. He contributes more in certain games but he rarely gives the ball away and never gives centre halves an easy game.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It encapsulates the shambles of our forward options, but I would still be starting Moffat up front with Dipo before Ashford or Bryden. I would most likely just play O’Connor at ten though. 

Ten would be too late m8. 

Kick off is quarter to 8.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d probably play Moffat as well tbh. I’m not sure how folk can say he’s “done” when he’s not had a bad game for fucking years. He contributes more in certain games but he rarely gives the ball away and never gives centre halves an easy game.

He still has a lot to offer on the park.

By far our most experienced and intelligent footballer.

It would be useful to see Moffatt play and see what he can do. If the legs haven’t gone too much he will be of use right now. Until a new striker signs there is a place going up front and I would be trying the lot of them until someone nails it down 

35 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d probably play Moffat as well tbh. I’m not sure how folk can say he’s “done” when he’s not had a bad game for fucking years.

I have a huge amount of time for Moffat, but he's scored twenty league goals in the 5+ years since he returned from Dunfermline. And that's sharply weighted towards the beginning. He got one goal last season. If he's being looked at as a solution on matchday fucking two then Hopkin's summer signings make him look like Alex Ferguson by comparison.

16 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It would be useful to see Moffatt play and see what he can do. If the legs haven’t gone too much he will be of use right now. Until a new striker signs there is a place going up front and I would be trying the lot of them until someone nails it down 

If we use him as a link man and have lots of the ball and players running off him, then Yes, I agree he could still have an important role to play as his touch and intelligence is still excellent, however if we have our forward players isolated and he's playing back to goal all the time then he'll be utterly useless I'm afraid through no fault of his own.

There were a few games I saw this happen last season and it was painful to watch.