The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I liked the look of Chalmers at ICT last year and thought he would of been in and about the United 1st team this season however was he not more of a winger than a central forward? 

I guess him buzzing about off Dipo could maybe work. 

They've signed Glen Middleton so guess Chalmers has been pushed further down the pecking order, probably will have to wait on whether Dundee United progress into group stages of Europe cause if so i'd imagine Chalmers will be kept as you'll need a bigger rotation of players available.

40 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Watching the Dundee United Vs Az game on BBC Scotland. I can only think of the 5-0 victory at tannadice.

Sibbald in midfield for them tonight.

Yeah Sibbald who so far has been very impressive...

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Genuinely perplexed as to why we ever thought Sibbald was going to sign for Ayr or any other championship club.  

Don’t think it was much of a stretch. He was released by Livingston, one of the smaller teams in premier league so natural next step would of been a championship team. 

The formation Dundee United have used tonight is how I'd like to see Ayr play. Three central midfielders in front of a back 4, three forwards with the wide players coming inside when the ball is on the opposite wing.

Really concerned that bullen doesn’t see the need for another striker. Last season we had Adeloye and Maxwell who contributed most of our goals, while I like Dipo and the way he plays I don’t think he will get close to the goals scored by both players. 

what’s happening with Steven Bradley? He seemed really decent when we had him last season and think he’s the type of winger we could do with

1 hour ago, bazka6 said:

How come Queens Park are allowed their ‘heraldic symbol’? Is it just that no one’s felt venomous enough to complain?

I'm not sure what the rules are but I think part of the issue for us was having the text within the shield or something. An absolute nonsense.

I think action is only brought if someone reports it (as was the case with us, sad wee Airdrie fan).

ETA. Was us having a saltire in ours not also a problem?

Edited by AuAl

35 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Really concerned that bullen doesn’t see the need for another striker. Last season we had Adeloye and Maxwell who contributed most of our goals, while I like Dipo and the way he plays I don’t think he will get close to the goals scored by both players. 

what’s happening with Steven Bradley? He seemed really decent when we had him last season and think he’s the type of winger we could do with

Bradley is still on loan at Dundalk

14 hours ago, North British said:

Heard a rumour at work about the loan signing of Tom Archer from Wolves 

He took FLIGHT when he discovered he was a TARGET. Apparently he has BOW legs and he has gone ten games in ARROW without scoring. He was in a QUIVER at the thought of coming here.