The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How long ago was he signed, was he not one of your first?

Was booked to arrive around 20th July , government are taking ages to complete paperwork and grant entry visa , believe he has passed all the entry exams and paperwork is complete 

28 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Lots of people appreciate it and is being done to let fans know how the fringe players are doing which is what a number of fans asked for , report done by a volunteer and I bet she appreciates your **k you comment 

It was mean as a joke, the anticipation of news of a new signing or transfer news of some kind and it is a tweet about something completely different.

Slightly worrying comments from Bullen in press conference, says He’d ideally like to add a couple of players before transfer window closes however not necessary a striker. Could be a winger or a defender. It’s Absoulotely clear to everyone that it’s a striker and a creative, attacking midfielder we need. 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Slightly worrying comments from Bullen in press conference, says He’d ideally like to add a couple of players before transfer window closes however not necessary a striker. Could be a winger or a defender. It’s Absoulotely clear to everyone that it’s a striker and a creative, attacking midfielder we need. 

They are either keeping their cards close to their chests of they have fucked this window.

Hopkin was brutally unprepared and it was just him and Smith, now we have more staff looking at transfer targets than actual players in the door. 

26 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

tenor.gif.9146c923980764e7c036c8656060e613.gif

37 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That's SURELY just him not wanting to come out and say "aye the strikers are shite and one of the ones who starts tomorrow is definitely getting replaced ASAP" isn't it?     

Hopefully?  

59 minutes ago, Hursty said:

That's SURELY just him not wanting to come out and say "aye the strikers are shite and one of the ones who starts tomorrow is definitely getting replaced ASAP" isn't it?     

Hopefully?  

Can only hope you are on the right school of thought. Would be astonishing if we weren't looking for a striker. Given we seem to be able to create alot I'd hope for a penalty box striker as a minimum, a Gareth Wardlaw type. 

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Can only hope you are on the right school of thought. Would be astonishing if we weren't looking for a striker. Given we seem to be able to create alot I'd hope for a penalty box striker as a minimum, a Gareth Wardlaw type. 

I loved Wardlaw. Bring him home.

I don't care that he's 43 now.

34 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’ve said it before but we had an offer in for Adeloye until he rejected it a few weeks ago - choosing not to sign a replacement would be monumentally stupid.

I'm starting to wonder if we spent the Adeloye budget on Dipo as soon as Tomi stalled on / rejected the original offer. 

We lost out on most of our major targets but we’re told we had identified several players for every position and there was no need to panic. 

We lowballed Baird and Muirhead in to leaving, so have went from 4 experienced championship central defenders to 2, have a 19 year old on loan and are apparently now looking for players with experience in the Scottish game.

We have 2 experienced midfielders, both similar and one who, when (if) he arrives, wont have kicked a ball for at least 3 months……and is also a defensive midfielder. 

If Bullen is, at face value, saying there is no rush or real need to get players in, and Mathie saying the players need to buy in to the clubs vision or we won’t sign them, I have concerns. 

I have also concerns about him championing a game where we were 1-0 up and cantering with 10 minutes to go, only for us to piss it away, as some kind of benchmark for performances. 

I honestly don't think any of us are crying over Baird and Muirhead leaving as McGinty, Musonda and Kirk are more than enough cover for those positions.

As for the issues with Bangala, that would seem a bit of a smokescreen as there's not even any guarantee that he'd be a starter given that we have Dempsey and Murdoch already there and early signs are that McAlister might be good enough to hold down RB as his own.

The one thing I think that we can ALL agree on, is that we desperately need a goalscorer and a creative Midfielder certainly wouldn't go amiss either.

Dipo might not be everyone's cup of tea, however if he was to pick up an injury or suspension then we'd basically be left with one raw 18 year old up top (who's also likely to be suspended soon) and an emergency striker who looks like finishing is far from his natural game.

Money simply can't be an issue as our squad is MUCH smaller than last year and we've also offloaded some of our biggest earners, over and above that we apparently had a budget to sign Sibbald and at least one other, so basically I'm just hoping (like everyone else) that this report is way off the mark.....