The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

As much as the off feild stuff has been brilliant we need some kind of marquee signing to keep the hard core fan base on track I'm not saying we should over spend and crash and burn on one player, but one guy who we can all say yeah wow that's a signing and a half.

That has probably been my issue with not being as excited for the season.  Other than Musonda, all our signings have been relatively unexposed or unknown to us at this level.  We need a good attacking, well known signing to get everyone up beat.  Yes we're in the same boat as others, but if we have offered good deals to Adeloye and McInroy, we must have some form of decent wages lying about to be used.

11 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Touch screen ordering is a big improvement to fast food places imo. Very quick and easy.

Not in my experience, I used to go in to the one in Sauchiehall street and it literally took 30 seconds to pay for my Cheeseburger, receive my cheeseburger and exit the shop. Nowadays it takes a couple of minutes to order and then another couple standing in a queue to await your "number" coming up.

As for Malaga Airport Burger King in mid June, that was a 50 min wait from ordering at touch screen to collection at counter !!

It reminds me of Russia in the 80's where you had to go to one counter to get a ticket for a Tennis court, receive the ticket and cross to another counter to receive the racket and ball and then cross to yet another counter to receive a key for the court !!

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That has probably been my issue with not being as excited for the season.  Other than Musonda, all our signings have been relatively unexposed or unknown to us at this level.  We need a good attacking, well known signing to get everyone up beat.  Yes we're in the same boat as others, but if we have offered good deals to Adeloye and McInroy, we must have some form of decent wages lying about to be used.

I agree but at the same time have absolutely no idea who these highly rated and well known but yet available players would be ??

From reading the various club forums, it would appear that we're virtually all in the same boat !!!

Like a few others have said, we must have a budget of at least £1,500.00 p/w still available, if so, are we targeting 2x players for this (CM and Striker) or do people think it would be a better idea to offer someone like an Adam Rooney the full £1,500 p/w and hope that he's still as prolific at 34 as he was a couple of years ago ?

I don't know the answer, but I think if the right player became available (whoever that is), then I'd be more than willing for us to blow the lot on a genuine goalscorer.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe if they had spent some time speaking to realistic targets we would have someone in the door. 

'So Mr Rooney/Allan/Sibbald/Griffiths, you've seen around the place, the training ground, the new Hub, lets talk wages.......' 

Would take another Akinyemi type at this stage. Thought Muhammadou Faal looked worth a shot last year but he’s just signed up elsewhere.
Also don’t see why Griffiths couldn’t do a ‘Cammy Smith’ and take a short term deal at a Champ club before the Aussie season starts in November - if they actually want him.

Edited by bazka6

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not in my experience, I used to go in to the one in Sauchiehall street and it literally took 30 seconds to pay for my Cheeseburger, receive my cheeseburger and exit the shop. Nowadays it takes a couple of minutes to order and then another couple standing in a queue to await your "number" coming up.

As for Malaga Airport Burger King in mid June, that was a 50 min wait from ordering at touch screen to collection at counter !!

It reminds me of Russia in the 80's where you had to go to one counter to get a ticket for a Tennis court, receive the ticket and cross to another counter to receive the racket and ball and then cross to yet another counter to receive a key for the court !!

Very different experience for me usually. Able to walk in and straight up to any one of the many screens and then jump over to the collect area while they prepare my meal. Just as quick if not quicker than queueing up to put my order in.

Haven't rented many tennis courts in Soviet era Russia so can't comment. Nice to hear McDonalds were offering sports activities as well though...

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s in the AP this morning that we’re unlikely to sign Rooney although Mathie says that we’ve spoken to a number of ambitious targets this summer and we’re definitely looking for a striker to come in.

I’ve not seen the article so not sure on what context it’s being used but seems a bit pointless to bring up when we haven’t been able to secure them.

34 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Thought Muhammadou Faal looked worth a shot last year

I thought that too, he went elsewhere and scored a silly amount of goals. Probably would have done great beside Adeloye.

However, our then manager was a potato. Hoping we get someone in before Saturday.

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve not seen the article so not sure on what context it’s being used but seems a bit pointless to bring up when we haven’t been able to secure them.

It gives the impression that they have been out speaking to targets rather than sitting with their thumb up their arse waiting on Glendinning to finish his game of solitaire and check his spreadsheet for a “gem” 

39 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

'So Mr Rooney/Allan/Sibbald/Griffiths, you've seen around the place, the training ground, the new Hub, lets talk wages.......' 

So Mr. Ronaldo, thanks for travelling up from Manchester, yes, Prestwick airport would be handy for you.

£600 a week ok? 

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I thought that too, he went elsewhere and scored a silly amount of goals. Probably would have done great beside Adeloye.

However, our then manager was a potato. Hoping we get someone in before Saturday.

I like potatoes. A very versatile food. Don't diss them like that.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Touch screen ordering is a big improvement to fast food places imo. Very quick and easy.

In my head idea would be folk ordering say at least 15 mins ahead if they want to collect at half time. I got my Burger about half an hour before kickoff so easy enough for me. If I had taken a fancy during game I probably wouldn't bother if it meant missing much of the game. 3pm isn't really a normal meal time but if you make it fast and convenient then less likely folk will be put off.  Don't think touch screens are really practical for something used a day every fortnight. Heck if they want to go crazy have an app that integrates with the hub so you can order your pint etc.

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

So Mr. Ronaldo, thanks for travelling up from Manchester, yes, Prestwick airport would be handy for you.

£600 a week ok? 

'Ummm yeah, im looking around the 3k a week basic, Mr Mathie.' - Rooney/Allan/Sibbald/Griffiths

'Oh ok, sorry to have wasted your time'.

12 minutes ago, grazza said:

In my head idea would be folk ordering say at least 15 mins ahead if they want to collect at half time. I got my Burger about half an hour before kickoff so easy enough for me. If I had taken a fancy during game I probably wouldn't bother if it meant missing much of the game. 3pm isn't really a normal meal time but if you make it fast and convenient then less likely folk will be put off.  Don't think touch screens are really practical for something used a day every fortnight. Heck if they want to go crazy have an app that integrates with the hub so you can order your pint etc.

I don't think we should have touch screens for the burger van.🤣

Some kind of mobile phone ordering could maybe work down the line though. Maybe when we get new catering in the redeveloped North terrace. 

I never really get food at the fitba anyway.

Edited by AuAl

Does anyone know what our season ticket sales ended up at prior to kick off on Saturday ?

How did the programme sales go ?

Lots of folk (including me) seemed to be buying them when I was outside the shop at 2.45pm.