The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

What are his fitness stats though?

To be honest he looks like he might get bullied off the ball at bit, but - hey - needs must. Tell him to bring his boots Friday...

He states: 'That's okay dad, I'm big enough now to heedbutt them in the bawz!'

I'm in the situation where I'm unsure to laugh at him or give him into trouble 😂

I mean that was why I never considered opening it in the first place. Baffling they even released it considering how the season went.

I mean I’m not sure why the club ever gave access in the first place. It invariably ends badly for all involved and makes the club in question look a shambles.

Anyway, are we likely to sign someone this week. Griffiths looks like he’s away to Australia thankfully and Gozie Ugwu is away to Hamilton, not that I’d have been that buzzing with him anyway. Poplatnik seems the most likely for us imo.

Based on what?

He’s apparently back in Scotland to sign for a club up here and given there’s a lack of realistic options that fit the quota of having some experience up here, I’d say we’ve at least spoken to him.

I don’t particularly rate him though.

On 30/07/2022 at 12:30, Iain said:

I'm confused. Did rb123 and Roxannes Man make separate offensive posts? I see both apologising but only one post being referred to?

Yeah i made a stupid remark which did come across as casual racism without me intending for that to be the case so i rightfully removed it.  

Not my finest moment to say the least...

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Anyway, are we likely to sign someone this week. Griffiths looks like he’s away to Australia thankfully and Gozie Ugwu is away to Hamilton, not that I’d have been that buzzing with him anyway. Poplatnik seems the most likely for us imo.

Could be as he probably falls in to our price bracket etc and with 11 goals last season at RR not too shabby in front of goal . Of course Morton are still looking for a striker and no doubt one or two others in the division .

It’s in the AP this morning that we’re unlikely to sign Rooney although Mathie says that we’ve spoken to a number of ambitious targets this summer and we’re definitely looking for a striker to come in.

As much as the off feild stuff has been brilliant we need some kind of marquee signing to keep the hard core fan base on track I'm not saying we should over spend and crash and burn on one player, but one guy who we can all say yeah wow that's a signing and a half.

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s in the AP this morning that we’re unlikely to sign Rooney although Mathie says that we’ve spoken to a number of ambitious targets this summer and we’re definitely looking for a striker to come in.

Maybe if they had spent some time speaking to realistic targets we would have someone in the door. 

On 01/08/2022 at 21:26, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

They say the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach and to be fair it is quite true. Thoroughly enjoyed munching on a pepperoni pizza and quaffing a bottle of Ayr Brewing Company ale in the Hub beer garden before the game knowing some of the proceeds were going back into the club.

I noticed the huge queue at half time for the new van on the terracing - can anyone post a review?

I had a cheeseburger with onion. £4 though very good portion and quality for that price. Also got a can of coke zero and surprised to be treated like a normal person and not rugby tackled by a steward for having a can. The can was £1 which is reasonable mark-up for fast food.  The other options I could see you could get lorne sausage roll with black pudding or tattie scone.  The contactless option was good to have they were still getting used to working it but was first day of it so should go smoothly as season goes on. 

Longer term would be good to have option to order from your phone and collect would speed things up on busy games. 

58 minutes ago, grazza said:

I had a cheeseburger with onion. £4 though very good portion and quality for that price. Also got a can of coke zero and surprised to be treated like a normal person and not rugby tackled by a steward for having a can. The can was £1 which is reasonable mark-up for fast food.  The other options I could see you could get lorne sausage roll with black pudding or tattie scone.  The contactless option was good to have they were still getting used to working it but was first day of it so should go smoothly as season goes on. 

Longer term would be good to have option to order from your phone and collect would speed things up on busy games. 

If it turned out anything like McDonalds idiotic idea with their touch screens, then a 1 min wait would turn into a 10 min wait (or worse).

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

If it turned out anything like McDonalds idiotic idea with their touch screens, then a 1 min wait would turn into a 10 min wait (or worse).

Touch screen ordering is a big improvement to fast food places imo. Very quick and easy.