The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

How many bonus points are awarded for having attended the last game of the Robert's era?

Five if you went, five if you were part of the successful boycott.

11 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Was that the nightmare up at cliftonhill on Boxing day?

Haha one of our mates and Roberts had to be separated at Albion one time. Years later we were in Georgia and bumped into a few Killie fans who knew Roberts, one text him saying he was with our mate and he replied he was lucky the stewards held him back :lol:

16 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Was that the nightmare up at cliftonhill on Boxing day?

I know the game you’re on about but naw it was a home game where Roberts invited Wullie from the Honestpage into the dugout.

What a time.

51 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I know the game you’re on about but naw it was a home game where Roberts invited Wullie from the Honestpage into the dugout.

What a time.

Haven't seen, or more accurately, heard Wullie on the NT so far this season. Hopefully the club have had a word with him finally because I know more than a few people had put in complaints about him.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Haha one of our mates and Roberts had to be separated at Albion one time. Years later we were in Georgia and bumped into a few Killie fans who knew Roberts, one text him saying he was with our mate and he replied he was lucky the stewards held him back :lol:

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

What a time.

And when you look back and reminisce, there was so many encounters between fans and Roberts.

10 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

And when you look back and reminisce, there was so many encounters between fans and Roberts.

I felt sorry for Roberts, he clearly was heavily invested. He was just a terrible manager, must have been a really difficult transition from being a fan favourite to pitch forks and bedsheets. When he was given that final season there was still alot of goodwill in August that maybe he had learned and things would be better, sadly by September it was obvious......

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

I felt sorry for Roberts, he clearly was heavily invested. He was just a terrible manager, must have been a really difficult transition from being a fan favourite to pitch forks and bedsheets. When he was given that final season there was still alot of goodwill in August that maybe he had learned and things would be better, sadly by September it was obvious......

It became obvious when we got floored 4-0 away to Stranraer the season before that it should've ended there. Ended up blaming the fans that day too for knee jerk reactions. 

Edited by THEHonestman1910

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

The only time I haven't renewed my season ticket. The statement/blog from Lachlan really irked me as well. Dark times that were genuinely horrendous.

Thankfully we are light years away from that both on and off the field.

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

I think he would have suited the role Scally had as a link between the players and the manager and I'm sure Devlin had spoke about him being a good coach.

The issues were his management with his one tactic being give it to Moff and once he left that final season was only ending one way. Sermed to fall out the half the team and the return of Scott McLaughlin showed he learnt nothing from his 1st season where he brought in ex team mates who clearly had no respect for him as a manager and still seen him as the dressing room joker.

However considering what he did as a player for us it's a shame that he previously spoke about not feeling like he could return to watch a game at Somerset. Suppose we'll always have that Motherwell game.

6 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Charlie or Rooney?

I'd actually take both, but I think most of us agree that we need a proven goalscorer to play up alongside Dipo and that way we can bring Fraser along slowly but surely, rather than heap lots of pressure on him when he's clearly not ready for it.

Griffiths is still without a club and has been linked with Morton today from some people on Twitter. Nothing more has been said about his move to Australia. I’d be surprised if we haven’t spoken to him at this stage.

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:

Griffiths is still without a club and has been linked with Morton today

I hope not. He's been past it for years. There's always one muppet of a manager who's willing to give a striker one last chance but I doubt that muppet is Imrie and I doubt we can afford him.

Obviously if we sign him it's a master stroke and the thumb is clearly back to his best

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I hope not. He's been past it for years. There's always one muppet of a manager who's willing to give a striker one last chance but I doubt that muppet is Imrie and I doubt we can afford him.

Obviously if we sign him it's a master stroke and the thumb is clearly back to his best

Aye he’s definitely past it. It would remind me of when we signed Craig Beattie and Kevin Kyle, both were absolutely rotten for us.

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

Aye he’s definitely past it. It would remind me of when we signed Craig Beattie and Kevin Kyle, both were absolutely rotten for us.

They were rotten for every team they played for,can honestly say Kyle was at best a junior player,how he got a gig down south is amazing