The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Yeah I haven’t been up there since then I don’t think. The last time was when we played stenny in either a friendly or league cup game 

I would've said you're not missing much but they have a great pie stall.

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Best soup at any football ground 

At one point Brechin's effort was up there, along with their cheeseburger with grated cheese. Might be a while before we visit Glebe Park again.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

What's with the QP game being on next Friday night, have I missed an announcement somewhere? Doesn't seem to be on BBC Scotland either.

Aye its a ball ache. I've got something else on Friday night and would have gone given this is the closest away ground to me. 🤬

Do we reckon we’ll see a new face(s) in this week? I’m sceptical, but yesterday’s performance and comments by Dick Campbell may go in our favour if a player was on the fence about joining us? We’re maybe not as bad as the league cup results suggest. 

15 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This isnt a new process though and whilst I'd assume Bullen probably isnt conscious of it, I'd be astonished if Mathie wasnt well aware how long it was likely to take before they signed him.

I had never looked at the details of the process for footballers but, inspired by your post, I decided to take a look. The process has changed following Brexit so it isn't exactly the same as the tier 2/tier 5 process in pre-Brexit times. This article is one of the better ones that I found that describes some of the changes in more detail:

Engage PR | Player endorsement: A world of opportunity for Scottish football

I presume (but would be interesting if we could get it confirmed) the club has actually now ended up in a situation not unlike the one mentioned in the above article for Ramirez whom Aberdeen signed, where he didn't reach the automatic points total and needed to go to an exception panel. The author of the above article calculated Ramirez had 10 points, which is well below the magic 15 needed. I haven't managed to find how the Slovakian league ranks in this process but can't imagine Bangala's team being relegated would have helped his points total either.

Edit to add: I eventually found this comprehensive document on the SFA site which I think is current: the-scottish-fa-2020-21-gbe-mens-criteria.pdf (scottishfa.co.uk). The Slovakian league seems to be the lowest banding (6) which means I don't think Bangala will end up with many points at all unless I am missing something very fundamental.

Edited by rgreig

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Nah just worked 4 out of 6 Saturdays for 8 years and only went to home games when I could

Going to have to refer this to the "I'm a bigger fan than you" panel for adjudication.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

If you haven’t witnessed us being dumped out the first round of the challenge cup by East Stirlingshire at Ochilview, you haven’t lived.

I actually think that this was the last time I was there. Couldn’t remember if it was east Stirling or stenny 

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

Going to have to refer this to the "I'm a bigger fan than you" panel for adjudication.

How many bonus points are awarded for having attended the last game of the Robert's era?