The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Need to sign a forward next week, keeping the team as is will just yield the same result. Would keep Albinson in goal and swap McGinty for Kirk.

Really, looking at that team I've got no idea who is most likely to score the first league goal. Bryden probably looks the most likely.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

First half - very good

Second half - mostly good

Arbroath down to 10 - outfoxed with a real lack of game intelligence. Arbroath looked more likely to score.

We never really looked like losing that game today. Although it's fair to say we didn't really look like winning it. 

We still need additions pronto.

No. I don't agree that Arbroath looked more likely to score. 

17 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Need to sign a forward next week, keeping the team as is will just yield the same result. Would keep Albinson in goal and swap McGinty for Kirk.

Really, looking at that team I've got no idea who is most likely to score the first league goal. Bryden probably looks the most likely.

McGinty was solid today 

Anyone know if McKenzie has a clause in his contract meaning he must play every week regardless? Found that sub strange as we weren’t holding onto a lead and running down the clock.

Think Ashford took a knock and had to come off.

23 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

McGinty never put a foot wrong, so not sure why we’d drop him for a young kid with about 180 minutes of first team experience.

8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

McGinty was solid today 

McGinty's only error was the header that the Arbroath attacker read, it was when McGinty was in the corner at the north terrace and railway end. Other than that he was solid.

19 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

No. I don't agree that Arbroath looked more likely to score. 

Not sure you read that right. When Arbroath went down to 10 men we barely threatened (aimless punts). Whereas Arbroath were still pushing forward. In that spell they were more likely to score.

40 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bryden? 

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Talking of queues, the time to get a drink at the hub after 2pm is horrific and is in danger of spoiling a great facility.   Why they only have one set of beer taps in the main bar is beyond me.   Also seems mental they don't have a wee table set up somewhere just selling cold bottles of beer and nothing else.  Would be so simple to set up. 

There was talk of selling bottled beers only from the beer garden, I take it that hasn’t happened?

Today we asked Dipo to play as almost a target man, to hold the ball up and lay it off. It doesn’t look like it is his game. He looks the type of player that plays off someone like that.

There isn’t enough support from midfield in forward areas, playing 2 wide players in a 4 means they aren’t making runs in to the box, we end up having 2 forwards being marked by 4 players in the middle and all our final balls are intercepted.

Bullen commented that he thinks we will click, I don’t with the players we have. We are very easy to defend against.

57 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Talking of needing a creative player, it looks like McInroy was playing on the left today for Killie, what a waste. 

Good to see you following McInroys progress.

He had a great game today. Played left wing back and created loads 

Looks a player

Just now, flood said:

Good to see you following McInroys progress.

He had a great game today. Played left wing back and created loads 

Looks a player

Cheers mate, good to see you on here also. Not sure I'd ever have picked him as a left wing back but there you go.

Was also following Tomi Adeloye, pumped 3-0 at Harrogate!

McGinty was excellent today. Talk of dropping him is absolute nonsense. We've got our first choice pairing until something dramatic happens in terms of form for either one, or injury. Kirk just has to sit and be patient to take his chance if/when it comes along.

We have been creating chances for fun but the lyrics "it's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife" spring to mind. We've got no killer instinct whatsoever.

I like Ashford, and I think his worth ethic is brilliant and his link up play and runs are very clever but he is one of the worst finishers I've seen for a good number of years.

Bryden is a frustrating one. He's an Ayr boy through and through and you want him to do well but other than the odd clever fast-pass-and-run-forward and his determination to win the ball back, he really does look a country mile away from being good enough to have any major consistent impact at this level. He is second to everything in the air and is brushed off the ball very easily and just looks like he doesn't have the clever movement required.

Dipo has the strength and gets himself in the positions and it could be argued he's been unlucky not to have 3 or 4 goals already.

But with all that being said, we're extremely short up front and it's very worrying. No use creating chance after chance if you can't take any of them. We should have been out of sight in that game today and the fact we weren't, tells it's own story.