The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Better performance that we have seen in the League cup, more competitive and plenty of energy. 

Still don’t look like ever scoring though. 

Apart from A mind bending header from McGinty we defended well enough although Arbroath offered less than we did up front, Midfield won their battles without dominating the game. Dipo didn’t miss a tonne of chances because he didn’t have many. Bryden was clumsy but was mostly fine, Ashford put himself about and had the best chances, all of which he put straight at the keeper.

McCllister did well at right back, Mitchell-Lawson was better than I’ve seen.

really need at least 2 forward thinking players in 

When you are good enough at this level? 

He’ll only get that through consistently playing in games though. I agree that he isn’t fully ready although there’s already a bit improvement from last season. If we can get a striker in then I’d go back to using him for the last 15-20 minutes of games.

Thought we played pretty well.

Made a few chances but not many. 

JML was a handful in the first half. Dipo works amazingly hard and looks as if he'll win most of the physical battles. Bryden got into good positions but his final ball was poor a few times. McAllister looked far better than Houston has.

Most noticeable for me was the high level of fitness we seemed to have. Looked very sharp.

McAlister was very good today hope he keeps that up and sorts out the problem RB position desperately need either Dipo to get the monkey off his back and get a goal to boost his confidence or someone in who can finish these chances because we are powder puff in front of goal just now.

Massively frustrating.  Plenty of possession, some decent build up play in the middle of the park,  but we are devoid of quality or composure in the final third.  If we don’t pull a couple of rabbits out the hat recruitment wise we’re in for a tough season.  I was kind of assuming Queen of the South were a decent team given their result against us, but I guess not.  

We need something different up front Dipo, Bryden and Ashford are all Center Forwards who are going to run all day win a lot of balls and make a nuisance of themselves are they ever going to be prolific though? I can't help but think a Craig Moore type striker would score a good few goals in this team.

Absolutely wild idea but maybe we could have played that lineup against a rotten Elgin side on opening day and maybe let the attackers get used to playing with each other and maybe even gain confidence by scoring a couple of goals.    

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Are we going to be announcing players sponsors every substitution from now on, because not to be a moaning minnie or anything (well, actually I am) but I found it really grating on me by the third sub.

It’s alright Bullen doesn’t make subs so you won’t have to hear it much. (Also we only made two)

First half - very good

Second half - mostly good

Arbroath down to 10 - outfoxed with a real lack of game intelligence. Arbroath looked more likely to score.

We never really looked like losing that game today. Although it's fair to say we didn't really look like winning it. 

We still need additions pronto.

Decent enough game. Saying that both sides could have played to midnight and not scored. Just knew Dipo would sky that great chance he had. Young Fraz should have scored a couple. Certainly dont think we'll be the first British team to get 100 goals this season!

Quite liked the new van aside from the queue being a mile long. Nice to get a chilled Red Bull 😂 anyone know what the changes to the kiosks were? I'm intrigued 

Before the game I thought Arbroath would be limited without Nouble and it turned out that way in the end. 

Really pleased for Nick McAllister, kept Linn in his pocket and looked a cut sbove anything Jordan Houston has done for the last two+ years. The back four were pretty solid and look comfortable with Albinson giving them plenty communication. JML was excellent in the first half and the midfield were pretty good generally, just missing that wee spark that we all known about. 

Dipo didn't have his best game but he was up against two decent defenders and Bryden did well for a raw 18 year old. If we can get an experienced head up front it will make all the difference. 

For the size that he is I think Dipo should be doing better in physical battles against centre halves. He gets pushed about too much I think. Holds the ball well in the penalty box because defenders won’t really touch you there but outside of that he doesn’t throw defenders about compared to other big centre forwards we’ve had like Adeloye or Drinan. Even Moore looked handy in battles with defenders.

Talking of queues, the time to get a drink at the hub after 2pm is horrific and is in danger of spoiling a great facility.   Why they only have one set of beer taps in the main bar is beyond me.   Also seems mental they don't have a wee table set up somewhere just selling cold bottles of beer and nothing else.  Would be so simple to set up. 

40 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Talking of queues, the time to get a drink at the hub after 2pm is horrific and is in danger of spoiling a great facility.   Why they only have one set of beer taps in the main bar is beyond me.   Also seems mental they don't have a wee table set up somewhere just selling cold bottles of beer and nothing else.  Would be so simple to set up. 

Or just have a load of pints sitting pre poured and ready to go.