The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Whilst I welcome the diversity of the catering option. I do feel it shows how lacklustre the team is that we have had to resort to looking forward to a change in caterer (even googling potential menus) on the morning of our first league game. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

For my sins I'm looking forward to today. New league season, the programme back, hopefully a macaroni pie in the kiosks. Havent kept track of Arboraths squad so unsure how the game will go, but hoping for the same outcome as the last Somerset game v them 

Here We Go Again GIF

I think football clubs in Scotland have been very slow to recognise and understand the implications of Brexit when it comes to player signings.  

The days when you could sign an Alain Horace on a Thursday and have him playing on the Saturday are long gone.  I heard Derek McInnes making the point that we’re now seeing a clear trend of promising youth players being pilfered by English clubs, precisely because it’s becoming more difficult to bring in the equivalent from abroad.  All very sad really - guys like Horace and Frank Rolling really lit up the place and that’s basically a market that’s almost closed off now as it just isn’t sustainable for Ayr to be paying wages to a guy that has to wait 8-10 weeks and more for a visa (with a risk the application will be turned down altogether).

6 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Would it not be better waiting to see if true before saying it in here . Piss poor if it’s not true and people posting about it 

Aye, its respectful to wait for the news from his family and close friends. Rather than someone up to now who has been a troll on this thread.