The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Nothing like a bit of casual racism on a Friday night to deflect from our woes on the park.

The Bangala situation is frustrating at it would be interesting to know if Mathie and Bullen would’ve pursued the deal if they knew how long they’d have to wait for him. There’s really no blame to be attached to the club here as they’ve done everything asked of them AFAIK. The issue for the player himself is he’s done zero ball work with the rest of the group so there’s a bit of catching up to be doing and secondly, the situation has put a fair bit of pressure on him given how long we’ve waited to see him. I’ll be content if he can add something to our midfield that we didn’t already have and it’ll be interesting to see where he fits in. Hugely frustrating situation all round but it just ties in with everything else that’s been going a bit wrong recently.

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ah, so I guess that's how previous foreign players we've had have had to go through 🤔 Alain Horace came to mind.

Naw, remember how good it used to be having EU passports and freedom of movement?

5 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Stop deflecting tell us where he is and why he’s not in the UK 😝

Think we ‘know’ RsM well enough now to know it wasn’t intended that way, but you and sortmeout enjoy your woke superiority love in.

No love in whatsoever , in the context of the post the photo was inappropriate, if you want to know why he’s not here don’t think I am the person to ask 

7 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

The thing that bothers me is that Bangala has already been to Somerset, as in this picture 🤔

I'm unsure of how visas work but surely with the fact he's already been would speed things up? 🤔

0_AMP_SDR_090622_DAVID_0013.jpg

On this visit his visa was only for 24 hours , whirlwind in for signing talks , medical and away home again that night to France 

6 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Yes because the better the player the more likely they are to be accepted. There is a whole points based system that the Home Office uses which counts international minutes and leagues played in. Can also apply for a governing body endorsement from the SFA I believe although I think that requires the player to have played internationally.

I don’t see how Bangala fits any of these criteria tbh so I don’t actually know how they’re going about getting him a work permit.

ETA: Just looked it up and found there is an exceptions panel for folk that don’t meet the original criteria so I’d imagine that takes longer and is the reason for the delay.

Perhaps they might view it as a charitable or emergency request if the league cup results continue. Thankfully scottish independence hasn't happened or the majority of our summer signings would be stuck in Gretna waiting for the border guards to let them through  

We can also confirm that we have ended our previous agreement with Clydeshore, who have operated the burger vans in the North Terrace for many years.

yas praise GIF

Good news indeed, although why the club felt the need to email that (along with other stuff) at 8 in the morning is a bit much.

That’s completely on them

There’s no way of knowing with this kind of stuff though. My point is if they had the chance to do it all again, would they?

Anyone laying blame at the feet of the club for this situation is miles off it.

tbqh the only problem I ever had with the burger van was back in the day when it inevitably ran out of pies at about 14:45, but even that got sorted. Obviously now the club is big and fancy it can't be doing with having a literal van parked on an embankmenk selling cash-and-carry Capri-Sonnes smuggled over on the ferry, but that makes me a little sad.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s no way of knowing with this kind of stuff though. My point is if they had the chance to do it all again, would they?

Who is to blame then? State your agenda.

Edited by bazka6

43 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We can also confirm that we have ended our previous agreement with Clydeshore, who have operated the burger vans in the North Terrace for many years.

yas praise GIF

Good news indeed, although why the club felt the need to email that (along with other stuff) at 8 in the morning is a bit much.

The email would have been written yesterday and scheduled to go out this morning at 8 am. Probably a good time of day to email everyone and perhaps encourage people sitting on the fence to come along. For all the years our previous Commercial Manager was in charge, I don’t recall ever getting a pre-match email which is ridiculous if you think about it. Such a simple and cost effective way to advertise to and inform your punters! 

As for the food van on the North Terracing closing… Thanks for the memories.

Me reading this thread back having not logged in last night.oh no sigh GIF by BBC

As for Bullen "Results maybe didn’t go our way in the cup". Malcolm Tucker would be proud of that spin.

I repeat make a fucking signing Ayr! 

Who is to blame then? State your agenda.

Why are you looking for someone to blame? Not absolutely everything is someone’s fault. The whole rigmarole is annoying but there is absolutely nothing to be done about it. Folk just need to accept it and move on.

39 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Completely agree. The only people who are to blame are the English  for dragging all of us out the EU and Westminster who should have negotiated a better brexit deal 

There we go at least someone’s honest.

Given proper businesses are struggling for staff and can’t get them in the country I find it laughable that an unknown foreign footballer would be any different or that it would be unforeseeable.