The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The Manager Says:

“We have been preparing for this game for a while and I am happy with where we are at. Results maybe didn’t go our way in the cup but I was pleased with the performances. We have spoken about the importance of a good start and being more clinical in front of goal but we know how tough the game will be. Arbroath will provide a really good test for us but we are looking forward to it and we are raring to get going in the league.”

The word "Maybe" doing some heavy lifting there. 

Also, pleased with the performances ? The QOTS game isn't that long ago we can just forget how bad it was.

31 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Without getting political...

I like how footballers coming over here to make an actual living and contribute in some way to society are basically denied yet you still get all these ones coming over in dinghys in the channel and we welcome them with open arms...

This country was screwed before brexit and covid but now it's just completely fucked

Fucking hell. 

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Can tell you exactly how this will play out. When/if he gets his visa, and it would be hilarious if this issue isn't visa related, there will be a big unfurling and in his first game he will get  injured and be out for a couple of months.

Can see that happening 🙄 as much as it pains me to say, we are riding a lot on this Bangala being a good player 😬 Would be typical if he was total shite or becomes injured in his first minute by falling over a blade of grass 😒

Let's not curse it though 🤞

38 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I like how footballers coming over here to make an actual living and contribute in some way to society are basically denied yet you still get all these ones coming over in dinghys in the channel and we welcome them with open arms...

This country was screwed before brexit and covid but now it's just completely fucked

I mean, “welcome them with open arms” is a very strange interpretation of the way in which asylum seekers and refugees are treated in the U.K., but on you go. 

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The QOTS game isn't that long ago we can just forget how bad it was.

Looking at it from his (as a manager not a fan) point of view, he is probably thinking IF we could have got the ball in the box a wee bit quicker that night and not missed every chance that came our way, plus not sold 2 goals through direct mistakes (Kirk and McAdams) we probably win that game comfortably.    

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

image.gif.0532fa54df5b1c8193d92df7db0fa841.gif

Just now, bazka6 said:

Oh dear seems the thread is screwed for the weekend, see you Monday. 👋

Cant believe you see no offence in that photo , going by all the previous comments regarding the post 

43 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Cant believe you see no offence in that photo , going by all the previous comments regarding the post 

Stop deflecting tell us where he is and why he’s not in the UK 😝

Think we ‘know’ RsM well enough now to know it wasn’t intended that way, but you and sortmeout enjoy your woke superiority love in.

Edited by bazka6

12 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

The thing that bothers me is that Bangala has already been to Somerset, as in this picture 🤔

I'm unsure of how visas work but surely with the fact he's already been would speed things up? 🤔

0_AMP_SDR_090622_DAVID_0013.jpg

He can come in as a tourist as an EU Citizen for 90 days but can't work. He wouldn't get a visa under the normal process I believe but can apply through the exception or exemption process, can't remember the term, that allows individuals such as him to move to the UK to play football.

13 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Think we ‘know’ RsM well enough now to know it wasn’t intended that way, but you and sortmeout enjoy your woke superiority love in.

I apologize if I caused offence, that obviously wasn't what I was seeking to do.

I was implying that I'd take Bangala at Ayr just now by any means necessary. With the mention of Dinghies, I thought it was funny at the time. Of course, this was in no way in support of what *that* post said and was merely meant in jest. I have removed the post and again I apologize.

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He can come in as a tourist as an EU Citizen for 90 days but can't work. He wouldn't get a visa under the normal process I believe but can apply through the exception or exemption process, can't remember the term, that allows individuals such as him to move to the UK to play football.

Would that be different for say a Celtic or Rangers? Would they, being bigger teams, get over that hurdle quicker?

14 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would that be different for say a Celtic or Rangers? Would they, being bigger teams, get over that hurdle quicker?

Yes because the better the player the more likely they are to be accepted. There is a whole points based system that the Home Office uses which counts international minutes and leagues played in. Can also apply for a governing body endorsement from the SFA I believe although I think that requires the player to have played internationally.

I don’t see how Bangala fits any of these criteria tbh so I don’t actually know how they’re going about getting him a work permit.

ETA: Just looked it up and found there is an exceptions panel for folk that don’t meet the original criteria so I’d imagine that takes longer and is the reason for the delay.

Edited by AyrAtlanta

10 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Yes because the better the player the more likely they are to be accepted. There is a whole points based system that the Home Office uses which counts international minutes and leagues played in. Can also apply for a governing body endorsement from the SFA I believe although I think that requires the player to have played internationally.

I don’t see how Bangala fits any of these criteria tbh so I don’t actually know how they’re going about getting him a work permit.

ETA: Just looked it up and found there is an exceptions panel for folk that don’t meet the original criteria so I’d imagine that takes longer and is the reason for the delay.

Ah, so I guess that's how previous foreign players we've had have had to go through 🤔 Alain Horace came to mind.