The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, AllySloan said:
24 minutes ago, Roxanne said:
Was between Raith and Morton tbh with you. Though I think their loss of defence and off the field stuff will do damage the coming season.

Might sound stupid but what's the off the field stuff with Raith?

f**k RAITH ROVERS YOU'LL NEVER WIN THE LEAGUE, NEVER WIN THE LEAGUE, NEVER WIN THE LEAGUE 

They signed Goodwillie last season. Sure to still be some backlash with sponsors pulling out and so on. 
That and their manager is Murray [emoji849] Who I think may have tempted Berra into Retirement.
Forgot about the Goodwillie saga [emoji1787][emoji1787] What issues between Murray and Berra though?

7 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Another signing target missed out on! We should have been offering him top dollar to come back. What is going on? He’d have banged them in for us.

E523EBE9-C351-40AB-BA15-5962258B7589.png

We'd only go and play him in midfield again. 🤣

17 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I don't quite think alot of you got my point..... /either that or don't like hearing the truth.... 

The reason we are struggling to attract better player is down to money....

That's not because the owner can't afford it.

Regardless, the squad is all people who the manager and board saw fit to hand long-term contracts to. A decision I agreed with, on the grounds that giving players proper contracts is the only way to increase stability going forward. However, that also requires the manager, who allegedly came with a pedigree of working with players at Wednesday, turns them into something competitive. He's got a little over 30 hours left to give some sort of evidence that he's done that.

As for signings: Aaron Ramsey hasn't got a club yet has he? Kilmarnock (his natural fit) couldn't afford him, but maybe Smith could.

Edited by Thumper

Fact is that there are no signings coming in this week.

Dempsey, Kirk, Musonda, JML, Dipo... That's yer lot before Saturday. Bangala to add and probably a 19 year old kid on loan from somewhere. 

25 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Fact is that there are no signings coming in this week.

Dempsey, Kirk, Musonda, JML, Dipo... That's yer lot before Saturday. Bangala to add and probably a 19 year old kid on loan from somewhere. 

i-refuse-to-believe-stan.gif

Just looking at purely numbers of players if you take out Moff and the youngsters (but include Hewitt, Smith, Ecrepoint and Bryden as likely to be first team) we are sitting at 20 players, we lost 10 players over the summer and replaced with 6 new signings, however as McAlister and MIller were out on loan thats maybe only a difference of 2 or maybe 3. As the 2 we have not replaced are McInroy and Adeloye surely there is money in hte budget for at lesat 2 dcent signings.

IF we get some of the fringe players out on loan that would maybe boost numbers also

I thought I would be looking forward to this season starting, and was confident we would have witnessed some smart early recruitment along with a sprinkling of the odd exciting signing and a squad largely built and raring to go for the opening game. 

Maybe I was naive, but that faith has clearly been misplaced and I’m so fucking disappointed that it is back to dreading a pumping going to the football. 

I am glad my cup is half full ,Bullen has tried every player in the positions he wants to play them , tried them in optional positions , not played the same 11 twice , I believe it’s down to him getting ready for his first real competitive game tomorrow, I will reserve my judgment to after QP game as I think all our squad will be here by then 

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I thought I would be looking forward to this season starting, and was confident we would have witnessed some smart early recruitment along with a sprinkling of the odd exciting signing and a squad largely built and raring to go for the opening game. 

Maybe I was naive, but that faith has clearly been misplaced and I’m so fucking disappointed that it is back to dreading a pumping going to the football. 

Im the same, started well with some good signings, dipped with McInroy and Adeloye not signing, then has been downhill with lack of signings and dreadful formations.

And the league season hasnt even kicked off yet...

19 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Just looking at purely numbers of players if you take out Moff and the youngsters (but include Hewitt, Smith, Ecrepoint and Bryden as likely to be first team) we are sitting at 20 players, we lost 10 players over the summer and replaced with 6 new signings, however as McAlister and MIller were out on loan thats maybe only a difference of 2 or maybe 3. As the 2 we have not replaced are McInroy and Adeloye surely there is money in hte budget for at lesat 2 dcent signings.

IF we get some of the fringe players out on loan that would maybe boost numbers also

The big problem remains the creative Midfield as from last season we've lost Chalmers / McInroy and Maxwell and basically brought in nobody. It could also be argued that Moff has now stepped down, so another option gone from that area of the pitch.

Dipo for Adeloye, JML for Gondoh but still the huge gap left by not replacing the others. It could even be argued that last season we also had Afolabi (while rubbish was still decent on paper), so again another body short from that end of the pitch.

The most worrying thing is that it's arguably the most important part of the pitch and without any creativity in the middle of the park then we're really going to struggle, especially if we don't go with our attacking wide players such as JML and O'Connor and instead line up with McKenzie and Ashford.

So Yes, we REALLY need guys to come in ASAP !!

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I am glad my cup is half full ,Bullen has tried every player in the positions he wants to play them , tried them in optional positions , not played the same 11 twice , I believe it’s down to him getting ready for his first real competitive game tomorrow, I will reserve my judgment to after QP game as I think all our squad will be here by then 

The league cup is a real competitive competition.

It really isn’t a good thing if Bullen sees them as glorified friendlies and it shouldn’t be used as an excuse. It says a lot about how unprepared we are for the season.