The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, rgreig said:

It's hard to argue that our season ticket sales are anything other than poor. Maybe Kilmarnock isn't a great comparison because they have been in the top flight for so long but surely we should be aiming for the same number sold as Raith or Falkirk (who have been garbage for some time now). I don't know what percentage of our season tickets are concessions, but if you assume 70% are full price then another 3000 season tickets would bring in nearly 800k which would get close to doubling our player budget. Even another 1000 would bring in 250k which after deducting VAT is still a solid increase. Whatever you think of the manager, being able to afford better players isn't going to make us worse.

Think Mathie said along the lines of 40 to 45 percent were adult season tickets last season.

It would be interesting to know exactly where we finish up ST wise compared to clubs in this league. In Morton's board statement yesterday they announced 800+ with around 200 being youth. So we are certainly ahead of them as it stands. 

53 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I still want us to sign Makepeace, so we can have Dempsey and Makepeace in the middle of the park.....

😂 Actually had to Google that. I was born in 1990. Had an argument with my dad once about how iron and lead is better than Sapphire and steel 🙄 I hadn't a clue.

7 minutes ago, United1973 said:

When you’ve got the likes of Dunfermline offering 500 a week more for one of our singing targets we have no chance 

Is this Robbie Crawford you're referring to i take it

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Another left field shout, he was at a club we have done business with recently and has a connection to Ashford, would fit the transfer policy.1671d6707aec46a4ad12b96e38989d52.jpg

Doubt it. Sounds like Bullen is wanting any further signings to have experience of playing in Scotland. 

14 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Another left field shout, he was at a club we have done business with recently and has a connection to Ashford, would fit the transfer policy.1671d6707aec46a4ad12b96e38989d52.jpg

Not sure he’s what we’re looking for…

148497CB-4B8D-44CA-8C5B-618C01F566E7.png

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

It would be interesting to know exactly where we finish up ST wise compared to clubs in this league. In Morton's board statement yesterday they announced 800+ with around 200 being youth. So we are certainly ahead of them as it stands. 

We are as of tonight less than 10% behind our 1250 high of a couple of years ago 

Wrt. the debate about season tickets and our poor numbers. It's a fact that they are poor when put into the context of Ayr and the wider catchment area.

Three things can change that in my view:

(1) A sustained period of success (let's say promotion and top flight)

(2) A better match day experience, you are competing for the same pound in everyone's pockets. We have started a job of modernising the stadium and making things more family friendly. 

(3) Improving our links in the community and getting more young fans (and their parents) through the gates.

These are all long term projects, you won't see a change overnight. That's why I found the 1,500 season ticket target a little bit strange. As an aspiration I get it but without working on all of the above it's out of reach in my view. The club are working on all 3 but it will take time and is a long game.

I see comparisons to Dunfermline and Falkirk, who are having a bad spell by their standards (in League One). However, we spent the guts of two decades yo-yo ing from League One and the Championship. That takes its toll on your natural support. We also had a Chairman who wanted to sell. We now have a Chairman who is a fan like us with the money to back it up in a sustainable manner.

In the longer term I am content we are moving in the right direction. Short term I am genuinely worried about us on the pitch. We've had two abject seasons in a row. I really can't be fucked with another one.

Edited by Trogdor

28 minutes ago, United1973 said:

When you’ve got the likes of Dunfermline offering 500 a week more for one of our singing targets we have no chance 

I'd assume that Ayr are offering around £700 to £800 p/w for someone that they really want, so if this means a L1 side are offering £1,300+ p/w, then I'd think that their next Administration won't be far away at all......