The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Back tracking.... I clearly stated for people who cannot afford it the this does not apply.... 

There you go,,see your sounding alot more positive now.... 

Good on you fella😊

By group I meant the negative ones you keep talking about.

At no point in any of my posts was I ‘negative’.

I stopped reading there but anyone making the argument that the mentality of the fan base is one of the clubs biggest problems is in need of a reality check. It sounds like something the Falkirk board said at that Q&A. 

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I stopped reading there but anyone making the argument that the mentality of the fan base is one of the clubs biggest problems is in need of a reality check. It sounds like something the Falkirk board said at that Q&A. 

It's nothing to do with the fact that Smith looks like he's hired 3 haddies on the spin now, the squad is about as unbalanced as it was this time last year under Hopkin and we've gone 4 league cup games without a clear formation or tactic.

It's definitely down to a few folk on here having a wee moan about the above.

6 hours ago, jm86 said:

"Happy clapper" as a term of abuse does seems to betray a sense of smug superiority in the user. 

“A term of abuse” ffs, have a lie down.

Don’t you think the “back the team and be more positive like me!” shtick portrays a sense superiority?

9 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Considering our best year for season tickets in recent times 1250 , ( when Shankland was scoring for fun, we still could not get fans to buy a season ticket )  we will not be far off that come Saturday , if we had the season Arbroath have just had I believe we would be well over 1200, and if Arbroath had the season we just had they would be no where near 4 figures if you look at that way 

Is the historic comparison of season tickets still an accurate one? Since covid season tickets have got you a live stream to your tv Would have thought this would make buying one more appealing to certain groups of fans. and would have bolstered overall numbers

8 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Do you know whats one of ayr's biggest problems is??? 

The utter ridiculous levels of negativity within our fanbase... 

"I'm not getting a season ticket until we get better players" how utterly backward that is.... We need season ticket sales to get better players.... 🤐

We lose a couple of games in a row, which happens in a tough league and we are wanting a new manager..... 

At games we lose a goal and everyone is getting on players backs and spreading there negativity..... Shouting abuse at players only makes them perform WORSE..... 

As a group of fans we need to take a good hard look at OURSELVES.... 

go buy a season ticket, join the lottery and go to the games and give the lads some bloody encouragement..... especially when we lose a goal.... 

Then maybe then we can get somewhere.... 

Birthday caird pish

27 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Is the historic comparison of season tickets still an accurate one? Since covid season tickets have got you a live stream to your tv Would have thought this would make buying one more appealing to certain groups of fans. and would have bolstered overall numbers

Not sure how that worked out in the totals , likely showed less tickets were bought during covid than would have been bought if able to attend surprisingly, this was down to Panda Pals not getting stream and families with more than 1 season ticket holder were only purchasing 1 to enable the stream to be seen 

Got a season last year, haven’t got one so far this season - I’m not signing up to another year of miserable shite. I’ll pick and choose - people need to realise that football is also an entertainment business and we need to actually do something on the park to make people want to attend. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Got a season last year, haven’t got one so far this season - I’m not signing up to another year of miserable shite. I’ll pick and choose - people need to realise that football is also an entertainment business and we need to actually do something on the park to make people want to attend. 

Buying a season ticket is always a gamble as it needs to be bought before the real action takes place , the only good side is financially , IF the team turn out to be winning games and you end up attending all games , as an adult you would save £75 which is important in these times , hard to judge a team when there are still around 4 players to come on board ( this includes Bangala) but I know not everyone in this current climate can  afford to lay out that money at once and have no issues with that 

Edited by Finlay21

9 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Curious to see if the redevelopment plans are put on hold because of the cost of living crisis, it is a legitimate concern, and going ahead with these ambitious plans does seem a bit crazy in light of it

This "crisis" hasn't just appeared, it's been a known known for years, Yes, the Ukraine war, Covid and of course Brexit has accelerated and exacerbated the situation, however ever rising debt and zero interest rates were always going to lead to this (and much worse) sooner or later.

The majority of respected Economists have been shouting from the rooftops about a major recession and stagflation for the past few years but unfortunately Andrew Bailey seems to have had his head in the sand and just ignored everything that's been happening around him.

I'm sure David Smith will have gone over the figures very recently and at a time when he would already have known about rising costs of materials and the supply issues.

Having said that, the increased costs of the electricity for the floodlights as an example would be interesting to know and may indeed make early kick offs in the Autumn and Winter months not such a bad idea at all.

8 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

And a barrel load of negativty and moaning gets you where exactly??? 

I will tell you where RELEGATED.... 

What a belter of a statement this is btw. 

I can see it now, Bullen during an interview with AU Media at the end of the season “No Callum, the only reason we were relegated was due to negativity from our fans. Nothing to do my management or our signings, nothing at all” 

I don't think there's any "right" or "wrong" in this season ticket debate as everyone has different situations, ranging from financial to social to family to work.

Personally I buy my season ticket in the knowledge that I'm likely to miss one or maybe two games, however the initial outlay gets it out of the way and gives me the incentive I sometimes need to attend in the winter months if things aren't going well !!

I get the argument that it's a business and that we need to put a product on the park to entice people to attend, however there's also lots of us (the happy clappers) who just attend as it's become a way of life almost and an opportunity to meet up with pals that we'd maybe not see apart from at the Football. Camerons bar has also enhanced this experience as lets us get a couple of beers before the game now also.

The darkest days for me was when we had Ronnie Yuill and Cameron Connie etc and Brian Bilsland was our "star man", for those who missed that era, I can assure you that today's stuff is like the Champions League compared with that !!

I also totally get that not everyone just wants to turn up, pay their £18 and accept utter dross on the pitch with no entertainment value and being honest you can't be blamed, it infuriates me also, however I'm using it as a social event as much as going for the silky Football and I'd doubt if I'm alone in that.

As I say though, there's no right or wrong and nobody is a "better" fan than another, we're all Ayr supporters and we're all entitled to an opinion but in order to keep us ALL HAPPY, I just hope to God that we make a couple of exciting signings (and soon) so that we can all be pals again !!!

There were times during the McCall era I started to get excited about the game on Saturday round about Wednesday. For the last couple of years I've had to drag myself out the house, The group of folk I regularly went with has dropped from 6-7 to 2, all scunnered off coming back every week. 

McCalls team was made up of youth players, players freed from premier teams and players that played for us in league 2. Jamie Adams was playing for a lowland league club. So it is nothing to do with budgets, it is about the good football and about winning games. We are currently providing neither. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There were times during the McCall era I started to get excited about the game on Saturday round about Wednesday. For the last couple of years I've had to drag myself out the house, The group of folk I regularly went with has dropped from 6-7 to 2, all scunnered off coming back every week. 

McCalls team was made up of youth players, players freed from premier teams and players that played for us in league 2. Jamie Adams was playing for a lowland league club. So it is nothing to do with budgets, it is about the good football and about winning games. We are currently providing neither. 

McCall said to me last year that his time at Ayr was the best dressing room he has ever had.

Whether he was lucky or not, if it happens once a lifetime then surely there has to be some luck involved at some point for it all to fall into place.

Still didn’t go up though.

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There lies the problem of the past few years. That League 1 winners and Championship squad that follows was bursting with players who would get you offer your proverbial seat. It was a young hungry team with points to prove, with a mix of experienced old heads (any one of whom could be club captain) and a couple of thugs for protection. It was never going to be an easy act to follow. However, we have witnessed the same failings in every squad ever since that appear to be glaringly obvious to everyone bar the managers. 

It has gone from how on earth did we lose that game to how on earth will we win a game.  There is still time in this window, we also haven't seen Bangala play yet. Early signs aren't great but, that could all change with our next signing. There is still a month of the ordinary window left and, correct me if I'm wrong, we have until the end of September for loans and free agents?