The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

QP have more money, Falkirk should have given their crowd figures, so it stands to reason that if you're in for a player with those two, you'll miss out.  Plus they'd probably rather work for Owen Coyle and John McGlynn than Lee Bullen.

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

QP have more money, Falkirk should have given their crowd figures, so it stands to reason that if you're in for a player with those two, you'll miss out.  Plus they'd probably rather work for Owen Coyle and John McGlynn than Lee Bullen.

Coyle maybe, McGlynn not so much.

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It surely shows a lack of ambition from Kennedy if he'd rather be playing in L1 than the Championship ?

It's also a rather strange one from the Rangers perspective that they'd want the boy playing in a lower league on loan, especially as he's already been at Inverness, Raith, Dunfermline and Hamilton which would surely mean he's regressing ??

As for the Bullen comment, once again, pure supposition based on nothing at all.

Bullen had a very good reputation as an U23 coach at Wednesday and I've never known of anyone to have a bad word to say about him, as such that would seem the VERY man that a young lad such as Kennedy would want to be playing under.

I should probably have added that I had no interest in seeing Kai Kennedy sign for us anyway as that's not the type of player that we require.

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It surely shows a lack of ambition from Kennedy if he'd rather be playing in L1 than the Championship ?

It's also a rather strange one from the Rangers perspective that they'd want the boy playing in a lower league on loan, especially as he's already been at Inverness, Raith, Dunfermline and Hamilton which would surely mean he's regressing ??

As for the Bullen comment, once again, pure supposition based on nothing at all.

Bullen had a very good reputation as an U23 coach at Wednesday and I've never known of anyone to have a bad word to say about him, as such that would seem the VERY man that a young lad such as Kennedy would want to be playing under.

I have nothing to base my statement that Coyle and McGlynn being better managers than Lee Bullen on?  Ok.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I have nothing to base my statement that Coyle and McGlynn being better managers than Lee Bullen on?  Ok.

Good, as long as we've got that clear.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is clear evidence that Coyle and McGlynn are better managers than Bullen.

Using the same logic, so was Duffy and Hopkin, but do we REALLY want to get into that ??

What does a "Better Manager" actually mean though ?

Has Kai Kennedy sat down and thought "wait a minute, I've been out on loan to umpteen championship clubs but in order to make it in the game I need to be playing under John McGlynn in League 1 as he'll definitely develop me"

OR

Has it maybe been influenced by elements such as travelling ??

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's also a rather strange one from the Rangers perspective that they'd want the boy playing in a lower league on loan

Not really, as he should be getting different experiences in terms of the kind of games at Falkirk and Ayr. At Falkirk, you would expect he’ll be playing a side who will dominate teams and have to work out how to break them down. With the best will in the world, Ayr aren’t going to be a side doing that very often this season. While it’s a lower level, the experience at Falkirk is probably more similar to what he’d need to be doing at Rangers (not that I think there’s any chance at all of him making it there).

For him as well, I think he’s in the last year of his contract and might prefer having a possible promotion with Falkirk on his CV over coming seventh or whatever with Ayr. 

Using the same logic, so was Duffy and Hopkin, but do we REALLY want to get into that ??

Well no because both managers, when you look at their careers, are utter frauds. Duffy did absolutely nothing for years until winning League 1 with Morton on the last day of the season. It’s also pretty common knowledge that Hopkins achievements are down to Martindale.

Owen Coyle was a very well respected manager in the top flight in England who suffered from taking a team too far and then staying on longer than he should. Bounced about a wee bit but there’s no doubt he’s a good manager. In McGlynns two spells at Raith he’s shown than he’s a better manager.

Bullen has been a manager for less than a year but he won’t get to the same level as Coyle or McGlynn. I’m fairly certain of that. It’s a pretty weird argument to have as I’d have said it was obvious that the two managers mentioned were better than what we’ve got but there you go.

FWIW, Kai Kennedy has played under McGlynn so that would’ve probably influenced his decision.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well no because both managers, when you look at their careers, are utter frauds. Duffy did absolutely nothing for years until winning League 1 with Morton on the last day of the season. It’s also pretty common knowledge that Hopkins achievements are down to Martindale.

Owen Coyle was a very well respected manager in the top flight in England who suffered from taking a team too far and then staying on longer than he should. Bounced about a wee bit but there’s no doubt he’s a good manager. In McGlynns two spells at Raith he’s shown than he’s a better manager.

Bullen has been a manager for less than a year but he won’t get to the same level as Coyle or McGlynn. I’m fairly certain of that. It’s a pretty weird argument to have as I’d have said it was obvious that the two managers mentioned were better than what we’ve got but there you go.

FWIW, Kai Kennedy has played under McGlynn so that would’ve probably influenced his decision.

I would have loved Owen Coyle and Sandy Stewart to be here but I remember seeing lots of negative comments about Coyle as well when mentioned (not that it was ever likely that we would have got him anyway).

The bottom line is that Football fans are fickle, Davidson was being touted as the next Mourinho 18 months ago and now he's seen as a clown who hasn't got a clue.

The likes of McGlynn and Campbell are perceived as wily old foxes and master tacticians when things are going well but lose a few games and it's the "dinosaur" stuff that starts to appear.

Ultimately every team will lose, win and draw, players will always make individual mistakes and Managers will always make "strange" substitutions and field bizarre line ups, fans will go between ecstasy and manic depression with sprinklings of hope and despair in between, but at the end of the day it's the same for everyone (well, outside of the old firm) and we as fans probably wouldn't have it any other way !!

(Yes, I know, "Birthday caird pish" but best I can do on a Tuesday Morning)

(That's enough of the "birthday caird pish" for just now).

I’m a bit worried that we were even attempting to sign Kennedy tbh. Even not taking into account that he isn’t very good, that style of player is quite down the list of what we need. The following are all far more important: 

McInroy style CM, ST, RB

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is clear evidence that Coyle and McGlynn are better managers than Bullen.

I’m not sure that you can compare Lee Bullen with two managers with such a long number of years in management. If you use that logic, Alex Ferguson looked like a dud. That is, until he swept the boards, winning everything. It’s a wee bit early to judge Lee Bullen as a manager. 

2 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

I’m not sure that you can compare Lee Bullen with two managers with such a long number of years in management. If you use that logic, Alex Ferguson looked like a dud. That is, until he swept the boards, winning everything. It’s a wee bit early to judge Lee Bullen as a manager. 

You can if you are Rangers sending a player out on loan with a specific remit